Barclay's Premier League Auction - Revamped.

• Thread starter Thread starter potta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 118K
Im out for the rest of the rounds Potta. Will let you know if I am in one. Thank you. Got my men :)

I was just looking at the players that have being signed and the players we have all kept from our previous squads and started to wonder if anybody has had any tactics when bidding for players? has anybody gone all out for 1 player and missed out? or has it just been a bid for all and hope for any sort of tactics :D

I was just looking at the players that have being signed and the players we have all kept from our previous squads and started to wonder if anybody has had any tactics when bidding for players? has anybody gone all out for 1 player and missed out? or has it just been a bid for all and hope for any sort of tactics :D

As ive not signed anyone yet dont think I need think bout tactic yet as just winning on one player will be an achievement for me atm. However I do 'try' get players in certain positions that I need and for example as I have 2 great young keepers I just attempt too get a cheeky low bid on a 3rd keeper but dont go all out for it (same with CB's)

very true scott ... a few of us have been 'greedy' with regards to players :D

Good question their mate. I would look at your managers preferred formation and whether he fits them into his system or not. ermmmmm.

My £145m will intimidate you all in a round or two :D

That might come in to play in the latter rounds......Patience is key for auction games and you and a few others are playing it cool.

Last edited:
Right I think that's four players left to bid, unsure who they are though. I won't be online much tomorrow or day the after as I working 7 - 6. so Will post the results around 8ish tomorrow along with round 6.

I may have over-bid on 2 players but I need these positions covered asap. PLUS, I know they turn out good if they're played and in a couple of years they'll be decent.

strange round to be honest, wasn't sure if it to save for later rounds or try get some 'cheaper' players to cover my positions my team is weak in.

I may have over-bid on 2 players but I need these positions covered asap. PLUS, I know they turn out good if they're played and in a couple of years they'll be decent.

Same here mate. Time will tell... I need some strikers look st swansea they got no forwards :-(

ah 1 place I feel happy with. Jelavic, Miralles, Muller and Lacazette all can play there

n-power Championship
View attachment 314554
GOALKEEPER

Alex Smithies – MaximumPower 5m
MWEST94 – 4.6m

DEFENDERS

Sam Byram – Scruffyuk & Elliot Pearce TIED @ 5m
Revolution – 2m

Martin Olsson – MWEST94 – 5.1m
NathWalker & Elliot Pearce & MaximumPower TIED @ 5m

Scott Dann – MWEST94 – 5.3m
Scruffyuk & MaximumPower TIED @ 5m