Barclays Premier League Team of The Week

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 16K
GK: Manuel Almunia -Arsenal would have lost without him
DR: Alan Hutton - Was amazing in the 2nd half for Spurs won a penalty and got himself a goal
DL: Best left-back in the world and arguably one of the physicly fittest footballers around
DC: Fabio Coloccini - Was solid in a tough game
DC: Branaslav Ivanovic - Was solid and made it Terry
MC: Obi Mikel - Pretty sure its a different guy from the past sensational this season and yet again today
MC: Michael Essien - Absolute beast yet again winning the ball and running past players
MC: Steven Gerrard - Gave Pool a lifeline and deserved to be on the winning team
ST: Hatem Ben Arfa - Sensational Strike to give Newcastle a huge win could be a excellent player if settles
ST: Florent Malouda - Easily the best left sided player on the globe at the moment words cannot explain
ST: Dimitar Berbatov - Proving all critics wrong and coming to the forth luckily when Utd need him most

Manager: Roberto Di Matteo - Was loosing at half time in a derby so changed the system and came away with a convinsing 3-1 win
completely agree about Almunia, sadly hes so inconsistent, will probably drop the ball 3 times next weekend

Petr Cech

Ashley Cole - Nemanja Vidic - Chris Samba - Hutton

Odemwingie - Ben Arfa - Paul Scholes - EH Diouf :P.

Dimitar Berbatov <3 - Didier Drogba

Almunia
Hutton King Coloccini Cole
Ben Arfa Essien Gerrard Malouda
Odemwingie Berbatov​

shocked at all the Almunia picks, watched the game thought he was good but didnt see anything special that he done

Alumina
Hutton Vidic Coloccini Konchesky
Scholes
Parker VDV
Gerrard
Berbatov Malouda

Berbatov - Player of the week

shocked at all the Almunia picks, watched the game thought he was good but didnt see anything special that he done

there was 1 save in the 2nd half i cant remember who from either Bent or Gyan it was a point blank range header and he kept hold of it.

there was 1 save in the 2nd half i cant remember who from either Bent or Gyan it was a point blank range header and he kept hold of it.

that was Gyan mate

Its just strange Everyone is Applauding Almunia as he ussualy makes mistakes-a-plentyXD

My player of the week would be odemwingie, has had to adapt to a completely different league, and has done a very good job to be fair, saved west brom aswell

that was Gyan mate

Its just strange Everyone is Applauding Almunia as he ussualy makes mistakes-a-plentyXD

yer thats why when he is good its nice when people recognise it. I did think Cech didn't put a foot wrong either today he caught everything that was tossed in the made a few good saves.

My player of the week would be odemwingie, has had to adapt to a completely different league, and has done a very good job to be fair, saved west brom aswell
agreed, and also i'd like to point out just how awesome the west brom fans were after the disgust banner locomotiv made about him leaving

Tim Krul
Alan Hutton - Nemanja Vidic - Jonas Olsson - Ashley Cole
John Obi Mikel
Michael Essien - Florent Malouda
Didier Drogba - Dimitar Berbatov - Hatem Ben Arfa

Manager of the week: Roberto Di Matteo

Bold: Player of the week
Italics: Honourble mention​

WEEK 3

Rob Green

Nedum Onuha Vincent Kompany Jonas Ollson Gonzalo Jara

Stevie Gerrard Nigel De Jong Samir Nari

Jerome Thomas

Peter Odemwengie Carlos Tevez

your team's?​

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

come on post your teams !

Last edited:
Rob Green

Nedum Onuoha Christopher Samba Vincent Kompany Leighton Baines

Nigel De Jong

Steven Gerrard David Silva

Darren Bent Emile Heskey Carlos Tevez

Who woud've thought it. Emile Heskey and Rob Green in the Team of the Week.

GK-Mark Schwarzer
RB-Luke Young
CB-Vincent Kompany
CB-Robert Huth
LB-Gael Givet
RM-Matt Phillips
CM-Steven Gerrard
CM-Nigel De Jong
LM-Jerome Thomas
ST-Kenwyne Jones
ST-Darren Bent

Kinda a shame I couldn't find a place for Nasri in my team, he deserves it.

Gk: Rob Green - deserves some praise at last
dl: Ashley Cole - had another solid game in a game without many positives
dr: Nedum Onuoha - looks solid at Sunderland, excellent cross for bent's 2nd
dc: John Terry again in a game without many positives kept tevez pretty quiet
dc: Vincent Kompany - kept Chelsea limited to long range shots
mc: Nigel de Jong - Drogba got subbed, enough said
mc: Ahmed El Mohamady - looks like one of Bruce's quiet excellent buys
mc: Samir Nasri - in a game without much to celebrate nasri looked like the only player who wanted to win the game
st: David Silva - his tracking back play was second to none
st: Darren Bent - 2 goals at Anfield, the lads just a goal machine
st: Peter Odemwingie - looks like one of the best buys of the season anywhere, frieghtning pace and looks like he can finish.

Manager: Roberto Di Matteo - Chelsea legend helping his former side by securing a memorable 3-2 win at the Emirates, this side seems to have learnt from past premierleague expirences.

Back