oafcpaddy

Reaction score
After my computer wiped out my Eastbourne game, and Jim Melrose decided to sack me for making no comment in the press at Stockport, I have opted to start a new game as Barnet (as a lad on my Football team is an avid follower of them, despite living in Oldham).

I saw on here that someone else has a Barnet save, so it will be interesting to compare our careers at Underhill.

Would people be interested in reading this? I will put screen shots up of my signings, fixtures so far, and my squad and League Table.

Again, like with my Eastbourne side, I have set out to be defensive, working on the assumption if you don't concede, your not going to lose and, with ***** Topp up front, the likelihood is that you will win the game.

My next few games :

Barnet 1-0 Bradford. Centre back Ishmail Yakubu nodded the only goal of the game to give the Bee's a big win.

Rotherham 2-1 Barnet. Hard fought defeat, the visitors succombed to a late late Adam Le Fondre goal. ***** Topp had earlier cancelled out Tom Pope's goal

Barnet 1-0 Dag and Red. Another Yakubu header gave the hosts the three points in a game they easily dominated without killing the game.

Barnet 0-0 Grimsby. Dour encounter with not much to report. Grimsby's Barry Conlon had the best chance to win the game.

Barnet 1-1 Gillingham (JPT) . Simon King opened for Gillingham, with on loan full back Paul Black replying for the hosts, who were most unfortunate to lose on spot kicks.

I have just finished my first season.

I managed to keep a fairly settled side throughout the course of the campaign, which certainly helped in my drive up the League.

I had some outstanding displays against big sides, Rotherham, who were then league leaders, were defeated 4-2 in a thriller Underhill towards the end of the campaign.

I didn't fall out of the top 5 since September, and had some fantastic performances over the season, especially from 31 goal lone front man ***** Topp and central defenders Ishmail Yakubu and Craig Dawson.

I needed one victory from my final two games to claim promotion, and I thought I had achieved this in the first of the games when ***** Topp put us 1-0 up at Grimsby on 89 minutes. Unfortunately, The Mariners went straight up the other end to equalise, putting the proverbial champagne on ice.
The last fixture was a home clash against 5th in the league Rochdale. Barnet got off to the perfect start when Ishmail Yakubu nodded home a corner. The lead was doubled in the second half when ***** Topp slotted home a Albert Jarrett pass. Scott Wiseman set up a frantic finish by reducing the deficit, but the Bee's defended manfully and that result, along with Torquay's defeat to Notts County, meant that the League Two title came to underhill!

Is anybody even bothering reading this? I won't do another if people aren't interested...