Barrow AFC : The beauty in Non-league

• Thread starter Michael Onwuegbu
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
M

Michael Onwuegbu

th
I know I put a poll of what I was going to do but once this idea came into my mind I had to do it. Barrow AFC are a Vanarama National League side who play tiki taka football in non-league. Under Ian Evatt they rose to the top of the league before it was declared null and void. I plan to carry on his philosophy of attractive football up to the champions league.
THE MANAGER
Madeira.png
The manager who will be taking over this project will be To Madeira, the CM 01/02 legend who wasn't even a real player.

Big news as Barrow confirm a partnership with Championship side Millwall! They will pay us 31 thousand pounds every year and we can freely loan players from them! Great stuff!

SEASON PREVIEW
th

John Rooney, Wayne's younger brother and our best player.

I have signed two players, the first is Keith Keane a 32 year old Ball winning midfielder and centre-back recently released from Rochdale.
The second is 19 year old striker George Alexander loaned from our affiliates Millwall. In terms of tactics I have tried my best to replicate the football Ian Evatt has had them playing in real life. He has played a 3-4-1-2 with quick transitions and passing play. Well I hope I did a good job

Barrow.png
In terms of expectations the board want me to get playoffs and I want us to challenge for the title. I hope that next season we'll see EFL football at Holkers Street.

SEASON 1 REVIEW
It's been a long hard season in which I didn't bring in any more players. It turned out I didn't need to as we have in fact gone up at the first time of asking.
fraud.png
To be honest with you, it's a very fraudulent showing from us. We finished fifth, and went up through the playoffs, but let that not distract you from the fact we only scored 58 Goals over the course of a 46 game season. We were truly dreadful although I can take heart in the fact we had the best defense in the league. I'm not very sure if we can handle the step up to the Football League. I'll need to make a few signings and I've made a pre-contract signing. Please welcome Reece Cole from Brentford!

J cole.png

He will come in and play in the midfield with John Rooney and James Hardcastle. My scouts believe he is a League Two quality player and that he can become a Championship player. There are a lot of decisions to make in the summer and it's going to be very fun for Madeira and Co. UP THE BLUEBIRDS!

PLAYER OF THE SEASON: John Rooney (ROONEH, ROONEH)
MUST IMPROVE: Scott Quigley
MOST IMPROVED: Dior Angus

SEASON 2 PREVIEW/REVIEW
I am going to go over the season as we made the step up to League 2
TRANSFERS
Transfer history.png

We signed players who were released by clubs higher in the football league than us. Before I made those signings we were predicted to finish 24th but after the window we were predicted to finish 22nd. I hope that suggests an amount of quality in the squad. I can only hope their not as fraudulent as To Madeira's football career.
FINAL LEAGUE TABLE/VERDICT
leag 2.png

The board didn't expect much from us and just asked that we be competitive and we've more than competed. We were comfortably mid-table and that's mostly due to Scott Quigley elevating himself. He was awful in the Conference but all of a sudden he's the Top Goalscorer in League 2. Talk about a turnaround. I sim to build on this and finish in the playoffs next year even though all the bored ask is that we stay up again. It's going to be an interesting summer of failed Premier League youngsters here at Holker Street.