Barton charged over alleged punch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle's Joey Barton is charged with violent conduct after appearing to punch Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen at St James' Park.

More...

And people thought he was a 'reformed player'.

Correct decision. Three match ban if he admits it. Fair's fair, you hit someone you pay the price.

I agree with the length of ban on what he has been charged with but would liked to have seen more. He gets countless chances but seems to ruin it for himself.

ban him for a month , he is a arogant ******* who has been countless chances. he always in paper saying he is a changed man and having a pop at other players when he calls them prima donnas.
but I would rather watch a prima donna then a mindless thug

I personally think he should go into boxing :) Pretty decent punch to be honest.

I liked "alleged" punch, as if no-ones seen it yet...

Everybody relapses, the man's still the best midfielder (or second - Nolan fans) we've got.

Another way of looking at it, nobody goes cold turkey... hes slowly sorting himself out? I just don't know I'm out of practice at making excuses for him :(

He cant help himself, every year or two he does something silly like this, It's time he was punished properly by the FA

I have no problem with it tbh. Its much better than diving and he gets a ban and should get on with it. Im sick of watching ***** footballers rolling around and pretendeing to square up to eachother (rafael and tevez). It shows he cares for the cause

He is a good player but when he does stupid stuff like this he isnt only letting himself down hes letting the team and the manager down. Although i would rather him tapping players in the chest rather the dirty tackling.

I have no problem with it tbh. Its much better than diving and he gets a ban and should get on with it. Im sick of watching ***** footballers rolling around and pretendeing to square up to eachother (rafael and tevez). It shows he cares for the cause

I'll gladly stand behind Joey Barton whilst he's a toon player, aggression is just part of his life/ game. Man Utd fans didn't care when Roy Keane ended careers, its just supporting your club. You're right its better than diving, it's emotion. THIS is the worst thing in Football at the moment (minus Blatter):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVKJANXuSB8

Sigh, I thought he was a changed person.

Wow I was wrong.

I liked "alleged" punch, as if no-ones seen it yet...

Everybody relapses, the man's still the best midfielder (or second - Nolan fans) we've got.

Another way of looking at it, nobody goes cold turkey... hes slowly sorting himself out? I just don't know I'm out of practice at making excuses for him :(

What?

Why does he have an excuse. Can I use the old 'I'm a reformed man' excuse? No. This man is testing most of our limits. His assist record this season is great. But, I don't want him at the club. He needs to quit football.

I have had enough of his ridiculous actions. Sell him in January.

Good player, bad attitude. It was hardly a powerful punch, couldn't care less personally, I hate Pedersen the diving ****.

What?

Why does he have an excuse. Can I use the old 'I'm a reformed man' excuse? No. This man is testing most of our limits. His assist record this season is great. But, I don't want him at the club. He needs to quit football.

Yeah, lets sell one of our best and most inform players. Great idea. I love the Championship. I think we should sell Carroll aswell because he always assaults people.

I reckon people are making a bit thing out of it because it's Joey Barton.

Yeah, lets sell one of our best and most inform players. Great idea. I love the Championship. I think we should sell Carroll aswell because he always assaults people.

Carroll has time to improve. Barton has had a long career, spent most of his time in trouble with the FA/Police.

I admit, he has been important this season, but we need to draw the line somewhere. If he was off-form, this thread would have had three pages of people jumping on his back.

He looks like he is going to have a good season but we all knew he couldn't stay out of trouble. It is beyond him.

What?

Wow this kind of over reaction really isn't necessary. He got his ban and he'll serve it, end of.

Back