Barton handed six-month sentence

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Premier League footballer Joey Barton is jailed after admitting committing assault and affray in Liverpool.

More...

hahaha what a ******* idiot he is , hope he never plays football again the useless ***. most people would kill to be where he is and he threw it all away cos hes a scally

LOL I love Joey. Just because everyone hates him haha. He's spot on at times with some of his comments.

and when he smacks someone to the floor, straddles them and continues to punch them 10 or 15 times when they are laid on the floor, hes spot on with that too....

he is going to jail but he will get the celeb treatment

Well what did the guy do to deserve his beating? I'm pretty sure anyone if provoked would beat the **** out of someone. Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to beat the **** out of someone who probably deserved it if you ask me.

Well what did the guy do to deserve his beating? I'm pretty sure anyone if provoked would beat the **** out of someone. Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to beat the **** out of someone who probably deserved it if you ask me.

So he shouldn't of gone to jail and isn't a thug?

You spout such **** Ad.

ha you usually have a decent argument in you but you're losing it , that is such ****.

yeah i bet hes laughin all the way to the bank aswell with compo and sellin his story etc while bartons multi million pound career might be over, i know who probs came off better

Thing is Ad its not the first time with Barton; its about the millionth. Sure if a guy provokes ya whatever ya might hit him, whatever, but with Barton this is the latest in a string of assaults, incidents etc