Collzy

Reaction score
Currently doing an Athletic Bilbao save and obviously they can only sign people from the Basque region, and yes they have a few hot prospects already in the squad and already have a strong starting XI.

But what other Basque region wonderkids are there as I'm completely stuck to find any, the only one I've been able to find is Azpilicueta from Marseille.

I'm sure there are plenty, just I'm either being an idiot, or my scouts aren't doing their job properly..

With good youth recruitment and facilities, you should get some good young regens. Also, keep an eye on CA Osasuna and Deportivo Alaves, they are both Basque teams that will produce good players. Also, I think players under 18 gain Basque nationality if signed, but I am not 100% TBH

1) there are not many Wonderkids at all, except Munian which you already have :)
2) there are not many very good players that are Basque except a few like Cesar Azi :)
3) upgrade your youth facilities/coaches etc as much as possible to get the best youth coming through that you can

I wouldnt worry about signing Basque players. For some reason Atlethic tend to pull out a world class regen every 2-3 years. That would be a player who has at least 170 PA. And also produce another player with at least 150 CA every season. That would be enough to overcome any team in the league after about 10 seasons once you keep your best prospects.
You dont need a team of world beaters to win the league. 2-3 stars and a solid strong team will do the job for you once you find a good tactic.

Also as mentioned above keep an eye out on Osasuna and Alaves and also Real Sociedad who produce some basque regens. ome french teams will also produce basque regens although they generally dont appear as much or as good as their spanish counterparts.

Keep an eye on Aritz Aduriz and Natxo Monreal the two best Basque players you can look at, along with Azpilicueta. Aduriz often gets Transfer listed within a season, and Monreal is a top player.

Also, the rule I was talking about is that you can sign Spanish 16 yrs old players and younger. They become automatic Basqe players.

Thanks for the help guys, quality stuff

Excellent! Cheers for this, will keep an eye out on some of the youth coming through these clubs

The date for Spanish regens is 28 March, so maybe add a reminder to your notes to check these clubs on or just after these dates.

The following is a list of Basque players win a PA of -8, which means their PA can be anything between 140 and 160. Bolded ones are already at your club, the ones in italics are those at Real Sociedad who are unlikely to join you in the first season or two.

Enric Saborit
Jonás Ramalho (Spanish/Angolan)
Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta
Guillermo Fernandez
Álvaro Peña
Iñigo Eguaras

Iker Guarrotxena
Aymeric Laporte (French)
Thomas Dos Santos
Txomin Barcina
Iker Hernández
Rubén Pardo
Asier Ilarramendi

Jorge Espericueta (Mexican)

There are also four players not at your club with a PA of 150 or more who are 25 or younger:

César Azpilicueta
Natxo Monreal
Stéphane Ruffier
David Zurutuza

Ruffier should be one of your priorities, in my opinion, as Saint-Etienne have a tendency towards instability, often getting relegated in the first season or two, which often leads to several clubs battling it out for his signature, which may make him hard to get later.

Also France is the 8th March if I'm correct?

And good list there Athe, this is turning into quite the thread now ;)

Tried signing Ruffier but he's not at all interested in joining, plus my keeper has been in top top form recently, thought it'd seem a bit harsh to just drop him, might wait until the end of the season..

I'm on my 3rd season with athletic. Signed all the top players you can and ive finished 2nd both seasons and won the copa del rey and ive upgraded my youth facillities. Really enjoying the game. I didn't know about the age thing. Can you buy at the age of 16 and no older?

I'm on my 3rd season with athletic. Signed all the top players you can and ive finished 2nd both seasons and won the copa del rey and ive upgraded my youth facillities. Really enjoying the game. I didn't know about the age thing. Can you buy at the age of 16 and no older?

I'm set to finish 2nd in the league too ;) but I haven't signed anyone, had no idea who I was meant to be signing, my youth facilities are set to be upgraded at the end of the season but I agree, really enjoying the game, possibly the most enjoyable one I've had. But yes as far as I'm aware so far they have to be 16 or younger or else the board won't let you put an offer in, unless they're Basque of course..

I'm set to finish 2nd in the league too ;) but I haven't signed anyone, had no idea who I was meant to be signing, my youth facilities are set to be upgraded at the end of the season but I agree, really enjoying the game, possibly the most enjoyable one I've had. But yes as far as I'm aware so far they have to be 16 or younger or else the board won't let you put an offer in, unless they're Basque of course..

Monreal from malaga left back is good azpecuillita from marseille tho not essential cos iroala is pretty good. but you have loads of money after awhile especially with the champs league so might as well the players you can cos there aint many! i signed benat from betis and garcia from athletico and there quie good, have lots of great regens of my own and signed a few from osasuna and sociedad, looking forward to building my own home gronw team!

just recently took this on and i have to stay it is definately one of my more enjoyable saves

hey guys im just wondering what tactics u use for athletic and how to make use of fernando llorente as he isnt performing for me ?

young potential starlets

Juanje, 16 yr old CAM, Seville - solid stats for a youngster. Cost 2.5m in jan season 1
Alberto Ruiz, 16 CM, Malaga - good passing, creativity, dribble, first touch and long shots. Cost 3.5m in jan of 1st season

I sware Greizman fro Real Sociedad is basque aswell!?

Greizmann is, but Sociedad and Bilbao are fierce rivals, so it could be tricky