'Bastion' available for £5.74 on Steam until Thursday

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Bastion_Logo-250x150.jpg

Save 50% on Bastion on Steam

I recently got this game myself after hearing rave reviews about it based on the XBOX 360 Live Arcade version.

I won't go into detail as I feel this is the sort of game that should be experienced for yourself, as the credibility lies purely within its storyline. The demo is available for download which allows you to briefly experience the basic features of the game also, if you'd prefer to try that first.

The game is effectively a top down platform game with puzzles to solve and enemies to smash using your weapon combination of choice. You can upgrade your weapons, upgrade your home base, play mini games for rewards and search for little Easter eggs within the levels; however, the strength of this title is definitely the storyline which comes fully narrated. The voice who does the narration is remarkably well picked and sets the scene flawlessly at each stage in the game. It really is the first game for me where sound is the most important function of my computer.

Key features:
- Stunning hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration delivers a deep story
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- Controls custom-tailored to PC plus gamepad support
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story

"Supergiant Games’ debut effort isn’t just good – it’s a must-play."
9.25 / 10 - Game Informer

“Bastion isn’t just one of the year’s best titles. It’s also one of the best stories you’ll see in an indie game.”
5 / 5 - GamePro

“It’s frightening to think how much the human voice has done to distance Bastion from the crowd.”
9 / 10 - Edge Magazine

I can't recommend this game highly enough. It's my favourite Indie game at this point, and the storyline is fantastic if somewhat ambiguous at first.

Last edited:
Just bought it. God I love steam sales... And I wonder where all my money goes... oO)

Key features:
- Stunning hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration delivers a deep story
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- Controls custom-tailored to PC plus gamepad support
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story

Expecting the narrator for this game, Logan Cunningham, to get more business his way after this. He's pretty much an unknown, which isn't surprising given it was Supergiant Games first release and they had to go cheap, but he was absolutely marvellous.

Superbly done.