Reaction score
Ive set myself a goal of winning the champions league with BATE and Ill play this for as long as it takes. Ive already played through 4 seasons and weve had our ups and down, both domestically and in european competitions.

2010: finished 3rd in the league due to congested fixture schedual, at one time we were forced to play 3 games in 3 days. got to group stages of europa league after great win in greece v olympiakos. beat celtic and litex lovech at home but crashed out in 3rd place. won belarusian cup.

2011: won the league by 9 points but crashed out of europa league qualification after 4-3 agg. defeat to braga. also won belarusian cup.

2012: won the league by an amazing 22 points Qualified for champions league after 1-0 agg. win v red star belgrade. lost against french champions marseille 2-1 at home. beat anderlecht 3-0 away. beat juventus 2-1 at home. then 0-0 in turin. 3-1 defeat in marseille then a point at home against Anderlehct to seal progression to the last 16. 7 members of my first team would go on to leave me before we would play schalke but we still gave a good account of ourselves and were only defeated 1-0 on agg.

2013: after taking a backwards step we only won the league by 2 points after some final day drama and are currently playing in the europa league group stages but look likely to go out.

Last edited:
winter transfers

Alot of money was spent in this tranfer window as we looked to cement our place back in the champions league. key players also left on frees, maksim skavysh our top scorer; illiya tysiviko and dmitry osipenko. Cleber was signed last season for 2.2m based on potential. that money was part of our revenue from an impressive champions league run to the last 16 in 2011/12

good luck with this, it is very hard to achieve this with a team from a small country as if you can attract good players, in 1, maximum 2 years they will demand leaving

Yeah, ive started to notice this already. My squad is young at the minute though and i have most of them on long term contracts so, should be interesting

Looking forward to this, should be a demanding challenge, look forward to updates

Season 2014

We kicked off the campaign at home to Gomel. In the same fixture last season we trounced them 6-1, I was hoping for more on the same

BATE
2-1 Gomel
Amat 37 Kyslyakov 20
Niakhiachyk 81

A really shaky start, falling behind. After we conceded we really took the game by the scruff of the neck to grind it out.

Shakhter Soligorsk 0-1 BATE
Amat 49

A goal from the spanish centre back again. I felt this was a good result as we hadnt beaten shakhter in 3 attempts.

Neman Grodno 0-1 BATE
Cléber 71

Starting to get concerned with the lack of goals we are scoring despite dominating these matches. Pleased to see Cleber net his first for us, however.

Naftan 0-1 BATE
Niakhaichyk 60
Again a good display, just an inability to find the net is stopping us from destroying these teams.

BATE 0-0 Vitebsk

First points dropped of the season against a side we should be beating comfortably. Dominated the match having 22 shots to 1. Disappointing.

Belarusian Cup Final
BATE 4-2 Dinamo Brest
Goaryan 12,18 Vishkushenko 20
Niakhaichyk 22 Zen'ko 73
Rey 45

Impressed me today with out ability to find the net. Looking to kickstart our scoring in the league. Goaryan gets his first and second of the season.

Dinamo Minsk 0-2 BATE
Hleb 42
Ostroukh (pen) 80

Great result, puts us top leap frogging Dinamo after this win at Dinamo-Yuni. Aliaksandr Hleb gets his first of the season.

Torpedo Zhodino 0-0 BATE

Our time at the top was short lived and Dinamo retake the lead for the only CL spot. Goaryan also goes off injured.

BATE 5-0 SKVICh
Aleschenko 2,42
Ostroukh 10
Rey (pen) 39
Niakhaichyk 49

More like it, comfortable win against bottom of the league. Aleschenko scored his first and second senior goal for BATE, remember the name.

FC Minsk 0-1 BATE
Komarovskiy 47

A contender for goal of the season from dzmitry komarovskyi. But i was jsut happy to get the 3 points, Minsk are a very decent side.

Dinamo Brest 0-1 BATE
Hleb 90+1
Never say die attitude from us and an ability to grind out results, the mark of champions, perhaps?

BATE 2-1 Dnepr Mogliev
Sokol 42,46 Rudenok 35

Viktor Sokol, the man who cost only 10k gets a brace to keep us within 1 point of Dinamo. Rudenok celebrated a goal against his old club.

Last edited:
Good start to the season, hopefully it transfers into the CL

League Table after 11 games

It appears to be turning into a 2 horse race for that all important CL qualification place. 10 points seperate us and 3rd. Dinamo seem a lot stronger this year and it should be an interesting battle for the championship.

I live in Belarus so your experience is rather interesting for me)

I have a question: is Shitov in your team in 2014? or where is him?

I see that Niakhaichyk is still in your team and it's also very interesting, because every time i play he is bought by Liverpool, Juve, Man City or something like that in 2010)))

Shitov left at the end of the 2nd season and went to marseille, Niakhaichyk was about to leave for lazio, but if fell through for whatever reason and he decided to sign a 4 year deal here, although he is subject of speculation of a 2.5m move to Anderlecht

Last edited:
We were drawn against Icelandic champions Keflavík in the Champions League 2nd qualifying round. I felt this was a tie we could and should be winning easily.

Keflavik 0-3 BATE
Rey 11,65
Komarovskiy 45

Comfortable. Maybe should have scored more but more than happy with 3 goals away from home.

Gomel 0-0 BATE

A match again dominated by us. really frustrating as we restricted gomel to only 3 shots, 0 of which were on target.

Resigned Alexey Rudenok for 250k as he was showing promise at Dnepr Mogilev. Could be a real player in a few years.

BATE 2-0 Keflavik (BATE win 5-0 on aggregate)
Rudenok 11
Yevlash 21

First BATE goals for Rudenok and Yevlash. Paired with Kaunas in the 3rd Qualification round.

BATE 1-4 Shakhter Soligorsk
Goaryan 50 Shakov 26, 46, 89
Niakhaichyk s/o 67 Staschenyuk 59

Absolutely shocking. 'Keeper Raul Rebolledo will want to forget this game quickly as he was at fault for 2 of the goals. Cant blame it solely on him. Everyone underperformed. Fortunately Dinamo lost 1-0 to Naftan, so the gap only remains at 3

FBK Kaunas 1-2 BATE - CL Qualification round 3 1st leg.
Freidgemas 9 Rey 46
---------------- Rudenok 90 +3

Was glad to come away with the win in lithuania but it could have easily been 6 or 7-1 to us. we had 30 shots to their 4. Pleased to see rudenok on the scoresheet in europe again. Could be a vital goal.

Neman Grodno 1-4 BATE
Rebolledo og 88 Hleb 8
---------------------- Sokol 14
---------------------- Rudenok 29, 38

Hopefully attonement for the drubbing against shakhter. very good display, rudenok justifying my choice to bring him back.

BATE 1-0 FBK Kaunas (BATE win 3-1 on aggregate)
Buktus og 9

Through to the playoff! dominated from start to finish, never in danger of losing. We drew out U. Craiova.

BATE 4-0 Naftan
Rudenok 20, 54. Zahorski s/o 3
Yevlash 31
Komarovskiy 39

Rudenok s/o 86

Rudenok was sensational again until he picked up his second yellow. Hes proving to be the goalscorer we were missing.

With us 2 points clear at the top going into this game, it was of paramount importance that we won.

BATE 3-2 Dinamo Minsk
Goaryan 11 Mosolevskyi (pen) 7
Osipovich 26Real og 39
Yevlash 63

5 points clear, massive victory. could be so important come the end of the season. especially if were going to have champions league football in between.

U Craiova 0-2 BATE Champions league playoff 1st leg
Grigore s/o 30 Komarovskiy 11
------------------ Rudenok 35

2 away goals, brilliant... only 90 minutes away from our second taste of champions league football in 3 years

Vitebsk 0-2 BATE
Rudenok 22,27

6 league goals in 5 games for the 21 year old now. Proving to be an integral peice of my jigsaw.

DSK-2 0-1 BATE Belarusian cup 2nd round
Aleschenko 28

Chance to rest players as the champions league playoff 2nd leg was only 2 days away. Aleschenko took his goal well.

BATE 1-0 U Craiova (BATE win 3-0 on aggregate)
Cleber 76 Dimitrascu s/o 33

Huge result! £6.2m for playing in the champions league, furthermore the board have announced they have begun planning for a new stadium. Can only be good news!

Champions League Group F:

Man United
Shakhtar Donesk
Anderlecht
BATE

Out of the groups we could have been drawn in, this was one of the easier ones, certainly easier than the one we qualified from 2 years ago. Happy we drew anderlecht as we got 4 points off them last time. including a 3-0 win in belgium.

BATE 2-0 Torpedo Zhodino
Rudenok 56
Komarovskiy 81

Rudenok s/o 65

Rudenok continues his rich vein of form with his 10th league goal of the season and 10th goal for bate but his bad temperament is becoming a problem, already his 2nd red since re-joining

Last edited:
Well done)
Interesting fact. In real life new BATE stadium will be opened in the beggining of 2013)