MavsWorld

Reaction score
Bath Chronicle

Bath City have New Manager
me01.jpg

After John Relish resigned so that he could devote all his attention to the Bath City youth academy, the hotseat at City was left empty. However this hole has been filled by Mr T Wendland. Wendland played for Bristol Rovers until breaking and dislocating his knee. Since taking the helm at City he has made some radical changes to the City squad.

Out:
Holland, Holland (DC)
Gilroy, David (ST)
Hogg, Lewis (MC)
Edwards, Darren(ST)
Rogers, Scott (DC)

In:
Gilpin, James (GK)
Yankov, Zlatko (DC)
Callaghan, Andrew(DR)
Mulamehic, Benjamin (MC)
Marshall , Dean (MLR)
McEwen, Dave (MR)
McConville, Aaron (MC/FC)
Xiourouppas, Kostas (ST)
Zahirovic, Izet (ST)
Gbo, Guy (ST/ML)

Loan:
Kennedy, Callum (DL) (Season)
Fraser, James (MC) (Season)

With such radical changes there have been criticisms of Wendland from some quarters. However with some of the great deals such as Mulamehic and Yankov, I believe that the changes have strengthened the squad. The first few friendlies weren't as promising as some had hoped. Now at the start of first league match City are looking stronger than ever.

Bath Friendlies:
Bath 0 - 1 Crawley - Half the team were youth players brought in while transfers occurred.
Bath 1 - 2 Morecambe - Bath got an early lead, but Morecambe won it in injury time.
Bath 1 - 1 York - Once again City got an early lead, but York pulled back in the dieing minutes of the game.
Bath 0 - 1 Queens of the South
Bath 4 - 0 Bromsgrove - With the new squad assembled City dominated this game.

Tonight Bath have their first league match against Hayes & Yeading and Wendland seems confident, telling the press he will be looking for sensible attacking play, and believes Bath have what it takes to win the league. I think that Bath should win this game, as do the bookies, however an injury that Zahirovic picked up recently will keep one of Bath's best strikers out of the game. I'd like to finish by giving my encouragement for everyone to go down to Twerton Park this evening and cheer Bath on.