Batman and Robin - Signing the perfect assistant manager.

rephlex

Reaction score
So, I'm just looking to pick up an International manager job alongside managing Barca, which already play ridiculous amounts of games late in the season due to cups.

What I need is an ace assistant, and I know just the man, Pep Guardiola (who has been unemployed since he was 'sacked' by my arrival...). Great attributes, liked by most of my senior players, Barca legend.... a done deal, right?

It seems not, despite throwing a load of money at him, he refused, saying he had no interest in joining his former club.

My question is, how on earth do I fix this, I don't want him to rot on the scrap heap for more seasons, I want him managing my highly important reserve teams, as well as letting me take a well earned holiday through the pre-season games knowing my players are in good hands.

Last edited:
Luis enrique is a good alternative to pep

You can probably use FMRTE to do it, Managers generally don't become ***. Managers anywhere... Especially not at their former teams.
For some reason, when you take over a big club, the manager you replace (e.g. Pep Guardiola in your case, or Arsene Wenger) never signs anywhere else (you'd think they would sign for the next big club offering/ with a vacant managerial position but apparently not). I've tried umpteen times to get Wenger to be my assistant manager after Rice retires, but it never works.
Sorry i couldn't be of more help mate.

EDIT: Otherwise, there's nout you can do, other than sign someone else..

Had a fiddle around with FMRTE, to be fair I have no idea what I'm doing, it seems making him an 'Assistant Manager' and dropping his rep won't change anything, I threw him £67,000 a week and he told me to shove it.

Pep, where's the love?

i don't know about making him you're assistent at barcelona but you could try to make him you're assistent at the international job to build up a relationship with him.

Just make him an asst manager with FMRTE, delete his link with barca and list yourself as a good relationship with him. Then add Barca again, but just as one of his favoured clubs. Should do the trick...

After being one of Barca's great manager's, why would Guardiola want to go back to become someone's assistant?

Well, did some more fiddling, he's now my best friend (which I'll delete after he transfers), however I can't find the 'Barca link', that 's the thing which is stopping him from signing for me. Which section is it in? I've looked through pretty much all options and nothing stands out as a club link, or club history.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

After being one of Barca's great manager's, why would Guardiola want to go back to become someone's assistant?

Well, he wouldn't, but I'd rather have him 'active' in the game that being unemployed for years on end. I'm a pretty huge Barca fan, still have Guardiola's number 4 shirt from his playing days in my wardrobe, and it'd be ace if I could get him "active" in my game, perhaps even get him take over from me if I take a job elsewhere.