Battlefield 3 (PC, Xbox 360 and PS3)

Nathan

Reaction score
bf3packshots3.png

Battlefield 3 is an upcoming installment in the long-running Battlefield video game franchise developed by EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE) and published by Electronic Arts. Battlefield 3 will be developed on the Frostbite 2.0 engine. It has been confirmed that the game is not supported on Windows XP. The game is set to be released in "Fall 2011" with its first trailer unveiled on February 4, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 shooter Battlefield 3 features improved visuals and what developer DICE describes as an "exponential leap" in destructibility.

Game engine Frostbite 2 has made Battlefield 3's existence possible, according to US magazine Game Informer.

"Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 'the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games'" reads the website.

Other details revealed this morning: 64-player multiplayer on PC returns, jets make it in and you'll have the ability to go prone.

In October last year DICE went on the record to reassure PC gamers that their version of the game will be just as enjoyable as the console versions. Designer Alan Kerz acknowledged, "PC players have a fear that BF3 will be 'consolized'.

"PC players have their own set of requirements... Anything that feels like it might have been "ported" from a console is going to get flamed hard," he wrote. "It's a **** sight harder to please a PC player, they have higher expectations.

"Battlefield 3 needs an extra bit of special attention on the PC. I intend to give it that attention, tradition and our community demand it."

According to the first teaser trailer, below, Battlefield 3 will launch this autumn.

[video=youtube;wOR1OrDyQ9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOR1OrDyQ9M&feature[/video]

[video=youtube;wi2tae2PmmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2PmmU[/video]

[video=youtube;uA378g_gD1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378g_gD1I[/video]

[video=youtube;TBu_tH8muq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBu_tH8muq0&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;q-WBbY8Chi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-WBbY8Chi8[/video]

[video=youtube;TfrrAp1blaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrrAp1blaM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
I just jizzed in my pants uncontrollably

I'll buy it. Quite looking forward to it actually!

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------[/COLOR]

I just jizzed in my pants uncontrollably

How come so many people on this site *** so easily? My missis would be well ****** off if I was constantly jizzing over nothing!

I'll buy it. Quite looking forward to it actually!

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------[/COLOR]

How come so many people on this site *** so easily? My missis would be well ****** off if I was constantly jizzing over nothing!

I dont usually but BF3 easily deserves it. can't wait for this game, especially the 64 player maps. Strike at Karkand on BF2 :wub:

Additional details courtesy of the official Battlefield Blog confirm a full single-player and co-op campaign.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

EA's forthcoming Battlefield 3 FPS will cut a destructive swathe through Paris, New York and Tehran, according to retailer information. Following this morning's Game Informer reveal, a GAME product listing dug up by Gamerzines has offered a few more details of what to expect from the shooter, due for release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year.

"In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York," it reads.

The listing goes on to pledge that you'll get to "watch buildings crumble and cover disappear as bullets and explosion tear through your surroundings! Even landmarks you recognise aren't safe from the destruction you'll inflict!"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-04-battlefield-3-to-level-paris

Can't wait for news on the BETA.

Battlefield 3 will lead on PC first because its audience "has been the one complaining".

That's according to exec producer Patrick Bach, who explained to US retail mag Game Informer exactly why the studio's focusing on PC first - and console second.

"We won't make [Battlefield 3] for console and port it to PC - that's not how we do things," he said. "We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles."

As previously revealed, Battlefield 3 will feature 64-player multiplayer on PC - but not on console.

Why only on PC? "The PC audience has been the one complaining," Bach explained. "We actually haven't heard any complaints from the console audience. We are letting the PC audience make use of the very expensive hardware that they just bought so they can tick all the boxes and go for the 64-player fights," he said.

"We do care about the PC audience, and we will have a lot of extra goodies for the PC while also making sure console players won't be left out," he added, noting that the only bad news will come in the form of mod tools, which it won't deliver in "the same way" it did with Battlefield 2.

64 player infantry only battles :wub: What is this white stuff in my pants?

Last edited:
Battlefield 3 will lead on PC first because its audience "has been the one complaining".

That's according to exec producer Patrick Bach, who explained to US retail mag Game Informer exactly why the studio's focusing on PC first - and console second.

"We won't make [Battlefield 3] for console and port it to PC - that's not how we do things," he said. "We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles."

As previously revealed, Battlefield 3 will feature 64-player multiplayer on PC - but not on console.

Why only on PC? "The PC audience has been the one complaining," Bach explained. "We actually haven't heard any complaints from the console audience. We are letting the PC audience make use of the very expensive hardware that they just bought so they can tick all the boxes and go for the 64-player fights," he said.

"We do care about the PC audience, and we will have a lot of extra goodies for the PC while also making sure console players won't be left out," he added, noting that the only bad news will come in the form of mod tools, which it won't deliver in "the same way" it did with Battlefield 2.

**** right PC gets special treatment, it was us that the franchise what it is today! I agree with the poster above, 64 player battles are so epic, especially with no veichles. Wonder which maps they will import (def Karkand due to name of special edition). Really can't wait for this game :wub:

So EA is having their New York press event next week. They’ll be showing some great games as always, but something told me that since Battlefield 3 is launching this fall, that MAYBE they’ll be showing it at the EA event. I tweeted Daniel Matros, the Global Battlefield Community Manager for DICE. I asked him, ‘are they showing #bf3 next wed at the EA event?’ He replied, ‘stick around and find out
icon_smile.gif
. That was the answer I was looking for. I will be there until the cows come home and if there’s no embargo on it, you can bet I will have everything posted that night. Here’s to hoping…

http://www.thebitbag.com/2011/02/10/battlefield-3-possibly-shown-at-ea-ny-event-next-week/

Nathan I will be liking every comment you make ragarding BF3 :)

Got the first one of these, in a gold box or something? Haven't played it for ages, but remember it being awesome.

Unfortunately my HD 4850 likely won't be able to handle it :'(

Really need to save some money....

Unfortunately my HD 4850 likely won't be able to handle it :'(

Really need to save some money....

I used to have that card but wanted to run Bad company 2 on max so I bought a new card while in USA (was cheaper). 5850 ftw :D just need to get a beautiful monitor to compliment now (H). Would think that the 4850 cud probs run BF3 on at least minimum? (overclock maybe?)

I used to have that card but wanted to run Bad company 2 on max so I bought a new card while in USA (was cheaper). 5850 ftw :D just need to get a beautiful monitor to compliment now (H). Would think that the 4850 cud probs run BF3 on at least minimum? (overclock maybe?)

Unfortunately I am a graphics ***** now after playing Crysis on maximum settings...

Should be getting a new GPU on my birthday though, most likely a HD 6850 or something similar.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Plus I also have a 24 inch monitor so it rapes performance ;)

Unfortunately I am a graphics ***** now after playing Crysis on maximum settings...

Should be getting a new GPU on my birthday though, most likely a HD 6850 or something similar.

lol Crysis on max, probs blow up your pc :S Ye 6850 meant to be good, you could unlock it by doing summit in the BIOS to run it at the same speed as a 6870 (not sure if you still can)

lol Crysis on max, probs blow up your pc :S Ye 6850 meant to be good, you could unlock it by doing summit in the BIOS to run it at the same speed as a 6870 (not sure if you still can)

Not really, ran quite well.

Rest of my PC is quite good anyway, just the GPU needs replacing first then eventually the motherboard and RAM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of interviews on this link, one of them about BF3 and the other about DICE.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/11/dice-interview-building-battlefield-3.aspx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DICE says it's "learnt its lesson" following Battlefield: Bad Company 2's sparse DLC schedule - and it won't make the same mistakes with just-announced Battlefield 3.

Speaking in the latest issue of US retail mag Game Informer, DICE exec producer Patrick Bach acknowledged that not releasing a new map pack for six months saw the Bad Company 2 community drop off drastically.

"To be honest, Bad Company 2 was a bigger success than we anticipated," he admitted. "We did not account for that. We sold a lot of copies and don't feel bad about where we were, but looking back, we should have released more, bigger content after."

He added: "We were more successful with our approach then anticipated. We didn't think most people would hit level 22 to be honest, and especially so fast. Our calculations on how much people would play to hit level 20, 25, 50 were completely wrong. We thought people wouldn't play that much."

For Battlefield 3, says Bach, DICE will properly prepare for post-release content to keep the community occupied.

"We've learnt our lesson now, and have a lot of really interesting plans for how to keep the attention of the players. We can do better in that area," he said.

"The challenge is to build a game, and then have more people coming on before the project is done to start building extra content because it takes a lot of time to get stuff out."

There will be "a lot more to unlock", Bach promises, "not only weapons and other treats, but we have more things that you can unlock than in Bad Company 2. We're also making sure that there is a reason for you to reach top rank," he said.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...dice-has-learnt-lesson-from-bc2-dlc-mistakes/

Last edited: