ReadingFCFan

Reaction score

This is my first football manager story so feedback would be nice. I decided to pick a league that I have never managed in before and hence I chose Bayer Leverkusen. The patch I am using is the official 13.3.0 so Schurrle is still at the club.

​Club Overview and Facilities

Bayer Leverkusen have never lifted the German first division title but have finished second 5 times in the 21st century and only have 1 European cup to there name way back in 1988 . Can I break this run? With a rich history of former outstanding footballers including Rudi Voller (winner of the World Cup with Germany in 1990), Michael Ballack (winner of the German Player of the Year award on 3 occasions) and Lucio (another World cup winner and twice a Confederations Cup winner) hopefully I can do this club proud. Predicted 4th I believe that this is realistic will the quality of players at my disposal.

The facilities are very good with top training and youth. Hopefully I will be able to produce some players from the academy. I do like to see that the stadium has some standing terraces which should add hugely to the atmosphere. My only concern is whether the stadium is big enough for my ambitions but I don't think I should get ahead of myself.

Edit: How do you make the pictures bigger?

Up next: Key players and Hot prospects

Key Players

Lars Bender

View attachment 370321

In my opinion Lars is the best player at the club. He will be playing a defensive role in my team due to his amazing defending stats, 16+ in marking, tackling and positioning along with an insane 20 stamina. Natural defensive midfield but can play in center midfield as well. He will definitely hassle the opposition's players all over the pitch. Although there is early interest from Chelsea, will I be able to keep him at the club.

Andre Schurrle

View attachment 370323

Boy have you seen his physical stats! He looks like a perfect inside forward which is exactly where I can going to be playing him. I have some high hopes for this chap, hopefully he can deliver. Already at Chelsea in real life I will enjoy seeing him play in the Premier League.

Stefan Kie
bling

View attachment 370324

Unsure how to pronounce his name so I have nicknamed him K-bling. He has good physical stats but lacks finishing and compose to be a top striker. Saying that he is a real aerial threat. With a squad that lacks strikers he is my first choice unless I bring someone else in. The formation I plan to use only requires 1 striker so my lack in depth is sever as long as K-bling stays fit.

Hot Prospects

Bernd Leno

View attachment 370343

By far the best keeper in the club, he is one for the future. We will not need to look for a new keeper for at least 10 years. Hopefully he can handle the pressure of being number 1 and can develop.

Arkadiusz Milik

View attachment 370344

The second striker in our squad and only 18. He will hopefully be getting plenty of playing time. Has pace, acceleration, finishing and looks like he will be a class poacher in the future.

Up Next: Transfers and Pre-season

Transfers and Preseason

Transfer Targets

ST: ​With only two strikers in the squad good enough for the first team this will be my first priority. I will be looking to a backup/ rotational player depending on injuries over the course of the season.
MC: In the squad there are plenty of natural DMC but not many natural MC and with the tactic that I an planning on using we will require two MC.
LB: My assistant manager Sami Hyypia believes that Michal Kadlec is the weakest link in the team and so I am looking for a new LB. The striker and new midfield will take priority over this area.

Budget: £5 million
With little in the way of a transfer budget for a top 4 team and little in the way of deadwood that I can sell it looks like it will be a battle to secure all my targets

Transfers

View attachment 370408

IN

Jonas Svensson

View attachment 370409

With a fee of just under £400k and a 4 star potential he looks like a bargin. He is very versatile and can play pretty much anywhere in midfield. The one downside is that he can't head to save his life

Admir Mehmedi

View attachment 370410

This loanee will be cover for the striker position. If he plays well I might consider a move for him but no fee has been agreed.

OUT

Just youth players.

Preseason

View attachment 370412

A mixed bag of results in preseason, hopefully we can kick the campaign out with a win in the German Cup

Up Next: The Start of the Season

looks good, I'm a big fan of the german league so I will keep my eye on this. and as for "k-bling", that is called an esszett which basically just means a double S, so it's essentially Kiessling, pronounced Kees-sling ;)

Last edited:
Good luck with this.

To make the pictures bigger, double click on them after uploading them and a sort of window will open in which you can select the size.

looks good, I'm a big fan of the german league so I will keep my eye on this. and as for "k-bling", that is called an esszett which basically just means a double S, so it's essentially Kiessling, pronounced Kees-sling ;)

Ah cheers, thanks for following!

Good luck with this.

To make the pictures bigger, double click on them after uploading them and a sort of window will open in which you can select the size.

Thanks, I thought it would be sometime so obvious.

August 12
Form: WL

Cup

Munster 1Leverkusen 3
Toprack (OG) 82'Bellarabi 36'
Kiebling 49'
Fernandes 56'

League

Schalke 2Leverkusen 0
Afellay 75'
Huntelaar 79'

Monthly Review

Good first game with a win over Munster, we controlled the game throughout. Pity about our first league game, it was very even, we had the only clear cut chance of the game they just had more firepower with Huntelaar who has 20 finishing and 19 composure.

I just done a save with Bayer, with LFC marshalls update. Even though you dont have schurrle the team is much better. Into my third season after finishing 3rd then 2nd and finishing in euro league final and then quarters of the CL. I then signed Bale for 41 million for no reason whatsoever

I just done a save with Bayer, with LFC marshalls update. Even though you dont have schurrle the team is much better. Into my third season after finishing 3rd then 2nd and finishing in euro league final and then quarters of the CL. I then signed Bale for 41 million for no reason whatsoever

Nice, were you able to hold onto Bender longer than the first season or did you have to sell him? My plan in to win the division in the next 5 years, looks like you got very close.

September 2012
Form: WDDDWD

League

Leverkusen 3Nurnberg 1
Bender 8'Kiyotake 53'
Kiebling 14',75'

League

Furth 0Leverkusen 0

Europa League

Leverkusen 2AZ 2
Schurrle 20'Maher PEN 6'
Bender 33'Altidore 31'

League

Leverkusen 1HSV 1
Kiebling 11'van der Vaart 14'

League

AugsbergLeverkusen
Werner 6'Kiebling 50',78'

League

LeverkusenBayern Munich
Sam 45+1'Gomez 67'

Monthly Overview

A decent month no losses which is good but some games we should have one. Sidney Sam scored one of the best goals I've seen when he picked the ball just inside Bayern's runs past 3 players then smashes it top corner from outside the area.

Player of the Month: Kiebling

View attachment 370594

No surprise here by scoring 5 goals.

nicely done, some good results here! and I think you're finding out that kiessling is better than his stats might first suggest ;) bundesliga top goalscorer last season

October 2012
Form: DWDWWW

Europa League

PAOK 0Leverkusen 0

League

Hoffenheim 0Leverkusen 4
Schurrle 21'

Wollscheid 24'

Kiebling 55',84'

League

Leverkusen 1Stuttgart 1
Bellarabi 65'Harnik 67'

Europa League

Leverkusen 2Dnipro 0
Kiebling 18'
Mehmedi 83'

League

Dusseldorf 0Leverkusen 2

Kiebling 59'

Bellarabi 87'

Cup

Leverkusen 3 Freiburg 3
Fernandes 20'Caligiuri 7'
Rolfes 65'Freis 77'
Milik 70'Schuster 82'
Won 4-2 on penaties

Up Next: Monthly Review

Bender's not been a problem in terms of wanting to leave as far as i remember, as long as you have decent successes. I don't think i had anyone that wanted to leave. I did get 9 million for Junior in the 2nd season, which i thought was pretty good for someone who i didnt need.

Monthly Review October 2012

I thought my last post would become to long so decided to make this part separate .

League Standings

View attachment 370960

A good run in the league this month and through to the next round in the cup. It is very close at the top, I thought Bayern Munch would be storming it. Bit disappointed with the Europa League as we were favorites against PAOK. I changed the tactics this month as I felt that the system I was playing was not getting the desired performances. Schurrle is having dreadful performances for us apart from one match this month, I have told him he has to step up or lose his place in the first team.

Player of the Month: Lars Bender

View attachment 370963

Solid month for this lad. I think he got over 7.60 rating in every match he played and was controlling the midfield.

Disaster!

View attachment 370964

Our top performer and goalscorer could be out for 2 months. I can't believe this happened when he was in superb form. Hopefully one of the younger strikers can step up to the mark.

If you want me to include anything else in these post just say, I'm open to suggestions.