My fave tactic by far in terms of results and style of football, real football with all sorts of goals scored, can’t believe this tactic is not getting more of a mention

back three

When meeting opposition with 3 cb and wingbacks i get pounded. 6-0 down away to Chelsea at HT with Man City

When meeting opposition with 3 cb and wingbacks i get pounded. 6-0 down away to Chelsea at HT with Man City

Try the suggestions I mentioned, just look at how the average game pans out with the original tactic and if like me you thought it was all too narrow, alter instructions on the AML/AMR, Wing Backs etc to make the play wider and you will not be losing 6-0 to anybody and the play is very much like IRL. Partly depends what players you have available but I am playing as Liverpool with lots of options out wide. If you have decent wide players, why use the part of the tactic that gets every wide player playing narrow and making runs inside? All other aspects of the tactic I have kept as the original.

first game after tweaking the full backs i beat leeds 4 0 with welling united

first game after tweaking the full backs i beat leeds 4 0 with welling united
It’s the most realistic tactic I have seen, not perfect, you will lose games but who wants a 38 game unbeaten season every year, boring. This is attractive football, goals shared around, varied play and gets you thinking.

Won the Arsenal game 1-4, next up Barca at home 2nd CL game, a 3-1 easy win - changes looking good so far, need a 3rd tactic to throw off the ME

So you change wingers to inside forwards and inwerted wing back to wing backs on automatic duty right?
Do you change any player instructions? Do you keep inside forwards on support duty ?

So you change wingers to inside forwards and inwerted wing back to wing backs on automatic duty right?
Do you change any player instructions? Do you keep inside forwards on support duty ?
For home tactic the IFs are Support and WBs Support, for away tactic WBs Support and IFs Attack
in terms of instructions I keep the WBs the same but run wide with ball as the IFs will cut in and the WBs give you your width

For home tactic the IFs are Support and WBs Support, for away tactic WBs Support and IFs Attack
in terms of instructions I keep the WBs the same but run wide with ball as the IFs will cut in and the WBs give you your width

Ok cheers. I will give it a go.

Ok cheers. I will give it a go.

I used a few youngsters over the season, won EPL easily losing 4 games, 1/4 finals CL, runner up in League Cup, 1/4 final FA Cup, so decent first season but aim to do better next year, the football though is good and realistic

avenue park

I used a few youngsters over the season, won EPL easily losing 4 games, 1/4 finals CL, runner up in League Cup, 1/4 final FA Cup, so decent first season but aim to do better next year, the football though is good and realistic

Looking good in a first few games, you are right playing some good football. Will see how I will perform against big teams. What training are you using ? @daz1969red

Looking good in a first few games, you are right playing some good football. Will see how I will perform against big teams. What training are you using ? @daz1969red
I always mix and match the training to be honest

Hiya folks, great overall tactic whilst early days - made a few changes as I felt the tactic overall was a little too narrow with the IF’s or Wingers coming inside and the inverted Wing backs etc, so have changed to IF’s with the full backs playing as wing backs on auto in the full back position. Seems to be a better ‘style’ of football, solid at the back especially after buying two quick CB’s - playing as Liverpool and been playing a couple of the kids - Woodburn and Wilson. Beat Utd 6-1, beating Arsenal in around the 6th game in, 0-3 at HT, goals we’ll spread around and just nice footy using the core of the original tactic

The IF's still on support? Just change the fb to wb auto?

working with 18.3.x ??

Hello,

i'm a great Bayern fan :)
thx for the Tactic - what about working with the latest patch ??

Bayern Fanatic 4-2-3-1 V3.fmf

The last version mentioned above is the best tactic for me in FM 2018 that don't include 3 defenders or strikers. Its a good old fashioned (16/17 season style) tactic. It has some upside and downsides but generally it still beats all others for me.

On the upside:
- Very offensive tactic that will provide You with lot of opportunities to score
- In comparison to other tactics, not that many missed shots (although it really depends on players)
- It uses classic formation, that most players will fit
- The very far pushed up d-line works actually better than i expected because defenders have some time to catch up to running strikers and they collect most balls that were cleared by the opposing team.
- If you have a good complete forward he will probably be a top scorer/golden shoe winner every season ez.

On the downside:
- Definitely fast defenders are recommended (at least 13+ pace, acc for England)
- Wide defenders have to be on par with other team wingers/forwards otherwise they will leave Your sides open after missing the tackle in 1 on 1 situations. There is no DM or 3rd CD to cover for their mistake.
- Your inside forwards have to be very good for their league to provide decent performances (youngsters and underdog players will simply struggle to do anything)
- Your striker is expected to score about 50% to 75% of Your goals so if he is under-performing for some reason (or simply to weak for his league) You will have trouble scoring. I often consider changing strikers as early as half time if I deem his performance unsatisfactory.

To sum things up, I would recommend this tactic for most home games and games with similar/weaker teams as You can rly dominate those. Vs much stronger teams however there is a lot of potential to get completely overwhelmed and destroyed.

Hi,

do you plan to update your tactic to FM 2019ß Would be awesome. :)