Hohencolern

Reaction score
Hello,
My fav team is FC Bayern and almost all the time I am managing Bayern on FM. But this year I am strugling as I can't find right tactics or maybe roles. I intend to play as 4-2-4 to get most of Robbery, yeah they score and make assits in my tactic but I am very bad against middle or even lower teams. I am still 1st in Bundesliga after great 1st half of the season but now I am strugling. Downloaded tactics doesn't work and I am fan of making tactics by myself, but this year I am realy bad at it. Can't find balance between defending and scoring. So I wanted to ask everyone who is managing FCB what tactics do You use, what roles You give to players and what is Your results.
Hope to hear from You soon

FCB 4 life

Well I've never managed Bayern but I would suggest to play either a 4-5-1 formation where you can get the most out of Ribery and Robben if you allow them a lot of offensive freedom and Gomez as a lone striker up front with the role that best fit his attributes.

If you want to play like Bayern in RL I suggest you play with Muller and Gomez up front but set Muller to Deep Lying Forward or Trequartista and let him drop deep so the whole in midfield gets filled if you play with two defensive midfielders Schweinsteiger and van Bommel. Also I would suggest you play your Fullbacks very offensive so they deliver enough support for your midfield.

Hey,
I am trying Your suggestions as 451, I already finished my first season and now sold Klose and Toni and bought Dzeko. As Toni Kroos is back from loan now I want to use him as advanced playmaker or terrquartista in AMC possition so I will play Dzeko alone. As Robben is inside forward I think that it would be good striker partnership between him and Dzeko. As You said mate fullbacks I made on supporting role and even thinking on attacking, but don't want to let too much goals. Ok I'll give a shot now.

By the way if I play Dzeko as lone forward what role would suit him best?

Hey,
I am trying Your suggestions as 451, I already finished my first season and now sold Klose and Toni and bought Dzeko. As Toni Kroos is back from loan now I want to use him as advanced playmaker or terrquartista in AMC possition so I will play Dzeko alone. As Robben is inside forward I think that it would be good striker partnership between him and Dzeko. As You said mate fullbacks I made on supporting role and even thinking on attacking, but don't want to let too much goals. Ok I'll give a shot now.

By the way if I play Dzeko as lone forward what role would suit him best?
complete forward, his duty should be opposite to your amc, ie if your amc has an attack duty, set him to support and vice versa

When I buy Dzeko with Manchester United he works really great as a Target Man but I play Rooney as his attacking partner as an Advanced Forward so I don't know how he will play on it's own. But like themadsheep said I he could also work very well as Complete Forward.

By the way I had very bad experience with Wingers who were assigned the role of inside forwards. Try to leave their role as Winger but set them to roam from position and wide play "Move Into Channels". This worked very well in my last Barca game and it was the first time I really got the best out of Messi in a 4-5-1 Formation.

With Bayern it's pretty easy to dominate Germany as I found out, but I couldn't win the CL. I did after like 4 seasons when I finally realised you have to change tactics in Europe and the league and to do it I used the following formation.

View attachment 49716

View attachment 49717

Hope this helps.

holy **** that team is ****** brilliant. like an a-z of whos good on fm2010 hehe

You can see I got rid of Ribery and Robben.