Bayern Munich vs Chelsea 19/05/12

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although you're such a nice guy ajt, I do need to correct you even though Mr. Juve fan is being a ****. Juventus were found last year to have actually had the same amount of contact with referees and officials as any other club including Inter, therefore if you classify what Juve did as cheating, then the whole league cheated. Now this thread is going off topic!

Also stop ******* trolling each other, its not funny and we're not children, just let the Chelsea fans bath in Champions League glory!

Ah fair enough then-I stand corrected. Made the mistake of going on Wiki :$. No problem with admitting my mistake though-not my first and no doubt won't be my last lol

This sums up the CL finale: Winning against the run of play.

Props to Chelsea on winning it, but tough luck to Bayern. And as a Bayern fan, this is miserable :( Bayern have all themselves to blame for this. I reckon this is much worst compared to the Final were United then won with 2 goals in extra-time, ofc I wasn't there back then.

In the end, Chelsea did their part. As they did it against Napoli, and against Barca, so why not againt Bayern at their own backyard.

and this final also reminds me of how Greece won the Euros in 2004

This sums up the CL finale: Winning against the run of play.

Props to Chelsea on winning it, but tough luck to Bayern. And as a Bayern fan, this is miserable :( Bayern have all themselves to blame for this. I reckon this is much worst compared to the Final were United then won with 2 goals in extra-time, ofc I wasn't there back then.

In the end, Chelsea did their part. As they did it against Napoli, and against Barca, so why not againt Bayern at their own backyard.

and this final also reminds me of how Greece won the Euros in 2004

Um, I'm just a little curious: it says that you support Arsenal, PSG, Juventus and Inter? You support five different clubs?

Ah fair enough then-I stand corrected. Made the mistake of going on Wiki :$. No problem with admitting my mistake though-not my first and no doubt won't be my last lol

I think your first may have been Everton.

Chelsea's a pretty arrogant club, your ex chief executive went on about painting the world blue. So thats not entirely true. Small club.

Ironical that Juve fan calling Champions of Europe as small club when they were in Serie B just few years ago and were fined for Literally BUYING the league. Well done.

Congrats Chelsea. Deserved it for the consistent performance in Europe for a decade.

Um, I'm just a little curious: it says that you support Arsenal, PSG, Juventus and Inter? You support five different clubs?

well, I mean if you are in Bayern fans shoes, this finial is like a knife stabbed on the back, considering that they were the favourites, the better side, and also having home advantage.

I know, maybe I should interpreted better at first, but you get what im saying.

Let just hope Bayern will come back stronger next season. and hope Robben will comeback strong too. that miss is the biggest regret in his life imo.

Last edited:
Nice to see Chelsea form a guard of honour for the Bayern players. Along with Drogba consoling Robben and Schwientiger for the penalty miss. Nice touch there

wasn't a great final, Chelsea were not rly trying to play and Bayern had a lot of chances but couldn't score. was predictable that it would go to penalties. just a bit of info: Bayern have no debts, they are completely financially healthy and receive most of their money from sponsorships, selling players with profit, tv rights etc and never spend more than they earn. This season Premier league was won by Man City and Champions league by Chelsea. I suppose this was the year of the rich owners who put billions into their club. Wonder what will happen once financial FairPlay rules are introduced.

The game panned out mainly as expected. Chelsea were always going to sit back and look to counter whereas Bayern would enjoy more of the possession. Chelsea's problem though, was that they couldn't hit Bayern on the counter anywhere near as well as they would have liked.

Chelsea did quite well defensively though. They restricted Bayern to very few good chances in the game despite the fact that Bayern had 43 shots on goal. A lot of these shots were blocked. Robben had 15 shots in the game with a lot of them being blocked and he couldn't really get the space to really get a good shot in.

Chelsea did get very lucky in that they scored an equalizer shortly after going behind late on. Bayern had 20 corners in the game but did not score from any but Chelsea scored from the only corner they got in the game. This is perhaps a good reflection of the sort of fortune Chelsea have enjoyed under Di Matteo. Yes, he has got them playing like the old slow tempo Chelsea of previous years but he has also enjoyed quite a bit of luck in Europe and domestically. Whether he will be the man to take them through their transition is another matter.

In extra time, Bayern began to tire. Their pressing dropped and Chelsea got more of the ball and were not pressurized as much but were once again fortunate not to concede from a penalty. Perhaps it was written in the stars that they would win it this year.

The game wasn't a particularly great spectacle and there wasn't too much quality on show in the attacking third from either side. Bayern were the better team overall and would be disappointed that they did not manage to win the game outright. Credit to Chelsea though, for their defensive performance.

As a Liverpool fan, congrats to Chelsea, fully deserved. A win us a win and all is fair on a football pitch to get it (other than aforementioned Juventus case!). Also as a Liverpool fan, can some of my fellow supporters pipe down you're embarassing yourselves. Nothing to be bitter about just let them enjoy their success.

a perfect send off for drogba.. equilising goal and winning penalty.. good on ya droggers, you earned it and that header..precision, power and pure awesomesauce.

Well done Chelsea, I supported as if it was United, I'm well chuffed for you! It was made all the more sweet that Robben missed the penalty, he's the footballer that I dislike most. I feel bad for Spurs though, they deserved CL by the way they played this year

Well done Chelsea again. Everyone wrote them off as far back as being 3-1 down to Napoli, and they still won. Di Matteo deserves the job, amazing achievement.

Well done Chelsea, I supported as if it was United, I'm well chuffed for you! It was made all the more sweet that Robben missed the penalty, he's the footballer that I dislike most. I feel bad for Spurs though, they deserved CL by the way they played this year

I disagree with you here. You dont deserve anything if you let a huge lead slip and end up 4th

Would any of you say Robben is a big game player ??? I mean yes against Man Utd in the CL the year they made it to the Finals and lost to Inter ( he was good in that game ) and in that same CL campaign he got the goal that saved Bayern against Fiorentina but this season has been completely different ; Robben was awful in April in that title decider against Dortmund where he missed at least 2 or 3 glorious chances (including a penalty) and now Yesterday ( I don't need to say anything about that ) . Or is his form just truly erratic????

By the way , I like Robben a lot but I'm just wondering what are people's views .

Nice to see Chelsea form a guard of honour for the Bayern players. Along with Drogba consoling Robben and Schwientiger for the penalty miss. Nice touch there

Great sportsmanship their by drogaba. and you have to fell for Robben too. he has carried too much burden on his back for the team.

I have watched the game with a Chelsea fan and it was quiete fun, when I was predicting:
- Come on, relax, man! Chelsea got the corner!
- Yeah, without Terry, Ivanovic...
- You've got Drogba, Cahill and David Luiz. The goal is preparing now. Hold your breath!
And then Drogba somehow manages to score and the friend got crazy. I have been promised some Russian vodka!

And you guys should stop blaming the Italian football for cheating, as it is the only league that investigates its league about it (maby Germany too). I am completely sure if the other top leagues and the European leagues start investigating their football, they will find the same stuff, because of which Juve lost 2 titles. Just to tip 2 names - Man UTD and Barcelona.

I have watched the game with a Chelsea fan and it was quiete fun, when I was predicting:
- Come on, relax, man! Chelsea got the corner!
- Yeah, without Terry, Ivanovic...
- You've got Drogba, Cahill and David Luiz. The goal is preparing now. Hold your breath!
And then Drogba somehow manages to score and the friend got crazy. I have been promised some Russian vodka!

And you guys should stop blaming the Italian football for cheating, as it is the only league that investigates its league about it (maby Germany too). I am completely sure if the other top leagues and the European leagues start investigating their football, they will find the same stuff, because of which Juve lost 2 titles. Just to tip 2 names - Man UTD and Barcelona.

Because United and Barca win, there must be fixing? get a grip. Matches do get investigated. You're sure based on complete speculation. Whereas what happened in italy is based on actual findins from investigations, there are even more this summer. Nothing to do with blaming, simply pointing out the fact it has happened.