Beasting With Santos - A MeLikeCookies Story

MeLikeCookies

Reaction score
Hello everyone, for everyone that is reading this I would like to say I am new to this forum, just joined today and loving the community already. Seems like a place where I can improve my FM skills.

About Me

The first FM I ever owned was FM 12, I have previously played FIFA Manager 10, 11, 12 and decided the simulating was BS. So I decided to try out FM 12 after hearing great reviews of it. Ever since that I have been in love with the FM Series although I am not the best manager. Hopefully you can help me through my journey with Santos F.C. I decided to make a 'journal' and post it on this forum. I will update it whenever I can. I have read GlenYid's journey with the Spurs and I thought it was a great idea so I'm going to see how it goes. This may be similar to his journey. Oh and I like cookies
wink.gif

About Santos

Santos Futebol Clube is a Brazilian professional football club found in 1912. They're based in Santos, São Paulo. Santos currently compete in theCampeonato Paulista and the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A. Santos has won the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A 8 times. Their home ground is Vila Belmiro with a maximum capacity of 15,800.

Club History

International

Intercontinental Cup (2): 1962, 1963

Intercontinental Supercup (1): 1968

Copa Libertadores da América (3): 1962, 1963, 2011

Copa CONMEBOL (1): 1998

Recopa Sudamericana (1): 2012

Supercopa Sudamericana (1): 1968

Teresa Herrera Trophy (1): 1959

National

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (8): 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1968, 2002, 2004[106]​

Copa do Brasil (1):2010

Torneio Rio-São Paulo (5):1959, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1997

Regional

Campeonato Paulista (20):1935, 1955, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973, 1978, 1984, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012

Copa Paulista de Futebol (1): 2004

Current First Team Squad

Transfers:

None as of now

2012/13 League Objectives

Santos finished 10th in the 2011/2012 season so I decided to finish 6th this season.

Pre Season Matches
Santos was set for training camp in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. We had two friendly matches, first one against Boa and the other America (MG)

January

Santos 1-0 Paulista

Santos Goals: Neymar
Paulista Goals:

Sao Coetano 2-0 Santos

Sao Coetano Goals: Nei Paraiba
Santos Goals:

I was happy that I won my first ever competitive match for Santos, Neymar gave us the lead in the 72nd minute.
I was disappointed that I lost against Sao Coetano but I guess we were just unlucky that match. 2 great goals for Nei Paraiba.

February

Santos 4-0 Mogi Mirim

Santos Goals: Neymar x3 P. Rodriguez
Mogi Marim Goals:

Corinthians 1-2 Santos

Santos Goals: Neymar x2
Corinthians Goals: Juan Manuel Martinez

Bragantino 0-2 Santos

Santos Goals: Neymar, Bernardo
Bragantino Goals:

Santos 2-0 Portuguesa

Santos Goals: Henrique, Madson
Portuguesa Goals:

Botafogo 0-1 Santos

Santos Goals: P. Rodriguez
Botafogo Goals:

Mirassol 1-2 Santos

Santos Goals: Neymar, Miralles
Mirissol Goals: 0

As of now, my best season. Neymar has been on form scoring 4/6 games played in February. I am really pleased with the team at the moment. I haven't made any transfers yet but the Santos squad is still really strong!

February Table

Currently in 1st place, lets hope I can stay there.
Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get another month out tomorrow.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to FM Base, very good start mate. Just a note or two - the game against Portuguesa says 1-0 but two goal scorers? Also I counted 7 goals for Neymar? Layout looks tidy and you've started very well. The difficulty with Santos will be keeping Neymar and Ganso, your board may sell them if big offers come in. Good luck and I'll keep checking up on this ;)

Thank You :) What I meant by 4/6 is, Neymar scored in 4 games out of 6 that were played and I did make a mistake with the Portuguesa match. I have now edited it.

Welcome to FM Base, very good start mate. Just a note or two - the game against Portuguesa says 1-0 but two goal scorers? Also I counted 7 goals for Neymar? Layout looks tidy and you've started very well. The difficulty with Santos will be keeping Neymar and Ganso, your board may sell them if big offers come in. Good luck and I'll keep checking up on this ;)
Ganso moved to Sao Paulo in real life :mad:

March

Santos 0-0 Palmeiras

Santos Goals:
Palmeiras Goals:

Sao Paulo 0-1 Santos

Sao Paulo Goals:

Santos 3-0 Comercial (SP)

Santos Goals: Neymar x2, Andre
Comercial (SP) Goals:

Santos 5-0 Linense (SP)

Santos Goals: Miralles x2, Andre, Marco Aurelio (O.G), Madson
Linense (SP) Goals:

Gremio Catanduvense 0-5 Santos

Santos Goals: Neymar x3, Fucile, F. Anderson

Gremio Catanduvense Goals:

Guarani 0-2 Santos

Santos Goals: Durval, Andre

Guarani Goals:

Santos 1-0 Ituano

Ituano Goals:

Transfers:

Cesar
View attachment 280294

March Table

View attachment 280295

March Review

Santos has had a great month. Playing 7 games was tough but we managed to pull through. Again the mighty Neymar has made us win many times. When playing against Ituano we were 0-0, in the 90+2 minute Neymar managed to slot one in the bottom left corner.

I bought Cesar the GK from Flamengo Reserves. He has a potential of 4.5 stars which is amazingly great. I decided to put him up for loan since his current ability is only 2 stars.

We dominated two teams, Gremio Catduvense and Linense. 5-0 both games. Santos hold a record of longest unbeaten run, Played 16, Won 14, Drawn 1, Lost 1.

Thanks for reading and I will be back tomorrow with another month. And remember to leave some feedback :)

Great start, and good to see a story with a club that I've never seen have a story. Neymar looks insane!!

Thanks mate! Yes Neymar is a beast! He's the top goal scorer in the Sao Paulo Championship with 16 goals to his name.

Just changed the title name :D How do you like it? Any name suggestions would be great!

Haha :D Btw when are you going to start your story? I actually can't wait :p
Well Blackpool are running away with it so it will probs be them!! Maybe tomorrow, I'm trying out a few tactics ATM with Chelsea, finding it a lot harder than FM12 at the minute.

Well Blackpool are running away with it so it will probs be them!! Maybe tomorrow, I'm trying out a few tactics ATM with Chelsea, finding it a lot harder than FM12 at the minute.

Cool :D I support Barcelona so I have them as my other save. Say I beat a team 5-0 but then in the semis I lose
2-0. I guess that's beta :p

Edit: And I dominate possession and shots on target.

Last edited:
April

I woke up early this morning. Why? Because it was the Quarter Final for the Sao Paulo State Championship. Santos was so excited and so was I. Got in my car and drove for about 25 minutes in my Ford Contour. I know it wasn't much but it's going to do for now. Santos doesn't give me high wages but it's decent. Better than working at a fast food restaurant.

ford_contour_svt_img_21957.jpg

12:00 PM

So now I'm at the club, I get into my office and turn on my computer, and guess what I receive? This.
View attachment 280302
That's right, Santos has qualified for the Copa do Brasil or known as Brazilian Cup in FM 13.

1:00 PM

The boys came in. I held a meeting on the field and told them the news. They stood up and screamed in excitement. "I can't believe it either" I told them.

View attachment 280304

It was a huge disappointment losing to Guaratingueta but that was only our second loss of this competition. Which wasn't too bad. To be honest the team didn't play too well this game. The highest match rating was 7.20.

Not to worry, Santos bounced back with a win after losing 1-0 to Guaratingueta. Neymar scoring in the 28th minute giving us a 1-0 lead. Unluckily David Braz scored an own goal making it 1-1 at half time. 61st minute we struck back! Henrique with the goal making it 2-1. Game was almost over, I thought 2-1 would be the final score. I was fine with a 2-1 victory. But in-form Andre scored a beautiful goal on the last play of the game.

Paulista was our next opponent. The last time we met was in February when we won 1-0. Could we beat this time with more than one goal? We did. In-form Andre gave us the lead in the 58th minute and again in the 67th minute making the score board 2-0. With 5 minutes left David Braz slots one in the back of the net. The game finished 3-0 to Santos.

Next up we were up against Palmeiras. This was an important match. If we lost we're out of the State Championship. Last time we drew 0-0 at the start of March. But this time we didn't want another draw. We wanted a victory! And so a victory magically appeared. Bruno from Palmeiras scored an own goal giving us the lead in the 64th minute. Like last game in-form Andre gave us a 2-0 lead in the 90th minute with an extra two minutes of injury time.

Now this is one of the big games! We were up against Sao Caetano. We met them at the start of the season losing 2-0. I was disappointed but a loss is a loss. We drew 0-0 in the first leg. We dominated possession with 63% but Neymar and Andre couldn't put any goals into the back of the net.

April Table

View attachment 280305

Stay tuned tomorrow to see if we win the Sao Paulo State Championship.
Any feedback is appreciated. The more there is the more motivation I have to make more!

Last edited:
Looks good. I had a stint with a Santos story and was doing well but then that ended As my PC starting being a *****. I'll be following. I'm gonna try another story and I've posted the tread up if you wanna check it out