Beat the Database

Spiklas

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
Points
3
Hello, Im coming to tell you the story of a save I started in FM23, continued in FM24 and forgot all about it until today. So I will be continuing this save and show you what I will keep doing moving forward. The year is 2043 now, and i am managing in Buthan. But first i will show you the history of this manager called Krazy Mushroom.

My Journeyman Challenge: The Mission to Win Every League in the Database 🌍🏆​

I've started a long-term journeyman save with one simple objective:

Win every league in the database at least once.

I'm not interested in rushing to the biggest clubs or the most prestigious leagues. I want to travel. I want to manage clubs in countries I probably wouldn't normally even think about, build a reputation, win something, and then move on to the next challenge.

So far, that has taken me from a tiny island in Kiribati, through pretty much the whole of Oceania, and now into Asia.

And the journey has already been ridiculous.

KIRIBATI — Where it all started​

My managerial career began in 2022 with Christmas in Kiribati.

This was a proper starting-from-nothing job.

  • 2022: 6th
  • 2023: 3rd
  • 2024: 🏆 Kiribatian National Championship
Three seasons, improving every year, and eventually getting that first league title.

Mission accomplished.

Time to leave Oceania's smallest beginnings behind.

TAHITI — AS Arué​

Next stop was Tahiti, joining AS Arué for the 2024/25 season.

The first season wasn't exactly a dream:

  • 2024/25: 10th
But things changed quickly.

  • 2025/26: 🏆 Tahitian First Division
  • 🏆 Coupe de Polynésie
  • 2026/27: 6th + 🏆 Tahitian Cup
  • 2027/28: 🏆 Tahitian First Division
We also got our first real taste of continental football.

In the 2026/27 Oceania Champions League, we reached the quarter-finals before losing 5–2 to Miramar Rangers.

The following season we didn't make it out of the group stage, picking up only two points.

Still, two league titles and two cups meant the Tahiti chapter was complete.

SAMOA — Vaipuna​

In 2029, I moved to Samoa and took over at Vaipuna.

The club had already sacked their manager after six games, with only four points on the board.

I arrived in July.

By October:

🏆 Samoan National League Champions

We finished the remainder of the league with:

13 wins — 1 draw — 2 losses

Another country ticked off.

COOK ISLANDS — Matavera​

In 2030, I moved to the Cook Islands to take over at Matavera after their manager retired.

One season.

One title.

🏆 Cook Islands Round Cup

Despite being called a cup, it's effectively the league title — so another league conquered.

We also entered the Oceania Champions League but didn't make it through the group stage.

AMERICAN SAMOA — PanSa​

Next came PanSa.

The first season was ugly:

2030/31 — 9th

But we improved dramatically.

2031/32 — 3rd place, followed by winning the playoffs to become:

🏆 American Samoan Senior League Division One Champions

And then in 2032/33, we did it again — except this time we finished 1st outright.

The Champions League campaign that season was also our best continental run yet.

We reached the semi-finals, eventually losing 3–1 to Auckland City.

FIJI — Suva → Lautoka​

In 2033, I moved to Fiji and joined Suva.

The first two seasons were:

  • 2033: 6th
  • 2034: 2nd
No league title, but we did pick up two cups:

🏆 Fijian Battle of the Giants
🏆 Fijian Interdistrict Championship

Then came the opportunity to move to Lautoka in 2035.

First season:

🏆 Fijian Premier League
🏆 Fijian Battle of the Giants

Another league conquered.

NEW CALEDONIA — AS Kunié​

In 2036, we moved to New Caledonia and took over AS Kunié.

One season.

One league title.

🏆 New Caledonian Championnat Super Ligue

The Champions League campaign wasn't so successful this time — only four points in the group stage.

Interestingly, one of those defeats came against my former club Lautoka.

Time to move on.

SOLOMON ISLANDS — THE TREBLE​

Then came what is probably the highlight of the entire save so far.

In 2037/38, I joined Solomon Warriors.

And somehow...

We won everything.

🏆 Solomon Islands S-League
🏆 Oceania Champions League Qualification
🏆 Oceania Champions League

A complete TREBLE.

And the Champions League final ended:

Solomon Warriors 4–2 Nelson Suburbs​

After years of getting knocked out by New Zealand clubs, we finally went all the way.

This was the point where I decided to leave Oceania on a high.

VANUATU — ABM Galaxy → Ifira BB​

Next stop was Vanuatu.

With ABM Galaxy, we finished second in the league but won the title through the playoffs, defeating Ifira BB in the final.

The following season wasn't going particularly well, and halfway through the campaign the Ifira BB job became available.

They were sitting first.

So... I jumped ship.

And finished the season as:

🏆 Vanuatuan Port Vila Premier Division Champions

We also had another Champions League adventure, reaching the semi-finals before losing to Auckland United 5–3 after extra time.

That was my final stop in Oceania — for now. I still plan in returning to manage in New Zealand and PNG.


🌏 THE MOVE TO ASIA​

After years of island-hopping around Oceania, I finally decided it was time to move on.

The next project:

THE PHILIPPINES

I joined Mendiola in 2041.

The club had never won the league.

We changed that.

🏆 Philippines Football League

I intended to stay and try to build on it, but the board wasn't willing to give me the resources I wanted.

So when the opportunity came to join the biggest club in the league, United City, I took it.

And immediately:

🏆 Philippines Football League
🏆 Philippines Cup

We won the league by 25 points.

Mendiola finished second.

So I had somehow won the league with both clubs in consecutive seasons.

The Philippines also gave me my only individual awards so far:

🏅 Manager of the Year — Mendiola
🏅 Manager of the Year — United City


CURRENTLY — TAKIN, BHUTAN​

After leaving the Philippines, I started looking around Asia for the next challenge.

Pakistan. India. Bhutan. Sri Lanka. Maldives. Nepal. Mongolia. Guam. Northern Mariana Islands. North Korea.

Eventually, the opportunity appeared in Bhutan.

Takin

And that's where we are now.

It's currently 2043, and we're just starting the Bhutan Premier League.

Takin have never won the league.

So that's the challenge.

Can we add Bhutan to the list?

Next time, i will bring you the story of the first season in Buthan. See you there​

 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-01 113757.webp
    Screenshot 2026-10-01 113757.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2026-10-01 113812.webp
    Screenshot 2026-10-01 113812.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2009535268_ClimbTheLadder.png.0c81b8b5ad9eb9ac8f9aaf0c0788d776.webp
    2009535268_ClimbTheLadder.png.0c81b8b5ad9eb9ac8f9aaf0c0788d776.webp
    422.6 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top