Terminal

Reaction score
Beat%20The%20Odds_2.png

I know I have another story on the go currently but I fancied starting a new idea for now. Those who might be following my World Tour, I do plan on continuing that at some point, as I feel like continuing with Football Manager 2016 for a little while yet.

The idea behind this save is actually something I have done before, but which I fleshed out a little bit more and with the advent of adding additional leagues can be a little bit more diverse. I will start with the main rule set for this story. The main principle of the game revolves around evolving with a club and having to beat the media prediction odds of the domestic league.

1. Starting Point - The story begins at the closest club to me geographically in English pyramid. This happens to be Hillingdon Borough.

2. Beat the Odds - The main principle of this save is that to remain at the club I must at least equal the media prediction in the league. If I do not meet the media expectation I must resign immediately as soon as the season ends. On the point of this main principle in most cases the media prediction should be straight forward. Where this is not straight forward i.e. potential South American leagues that have Apertura and Clausura seasons, the average position across the seasons will be taken. In other leagues where it is not clear I will make a decision at the start, upon taking over about how this is decided.

3. No Application Whilst Under Contract - I cannot apply for jobs at other clubs. I can entertain approaches by others clubs if I am under contract. If I am unemployed I can of course apply for jobs as I like. If I have no specific offers I should seek accept any contract extensions from the club, although I can make amendments to the initial offers as I like, as long as accepted by the club of course

4. Leagues Will Change As Reputation Grows or Falls - I will amend the loaded leagues to reflect the change in my reputation. See Appendix for specific details about this.

5. Sackings can Happen -The club are free to sack me as required, no editor funny business. They can choose to sack me or not extend my contract as they see fit.

6. Continental Competitions are Bonuses - Continental competitions do not count towards any kind of media prediction. These are effectively bonuses during a season.

7. No Resigning and Reapplying for same job - I cannot resign from a club due to poor performance and reapply for the job. I can only return to a club if I am at another club and am offered the job again or having had to resign at least another club can then reapply for that previous club in question.

8. No International Football – This is a club save with specific rules that are difficult to apply to international football. Plus international football does mess with the reputation to speed up potential exposure.

Appendix A – Reputation Percentage – Leagues Available

#80%70%60%50%40%30%20%
1SpainRussiaScotlandRomaniaPolandBulgariaBelarus
2ItalyTurkeyCzech RepublicDenmarkCyprusIsraelSlovenia
3GermanyBelgiumAustriaSwedenCroatiaFinlandNorthern Ireland
4FranceGreeceSerbiaNorwayHungaryIcelandLuxembourg
5PortugalUkraineSwitzerlandChileUruguayPeruBolivia
6HollandColombiaEcuadorCosta RicaUSAHondurasChina
7BrazilParaguaySouth KoreaSaudi ArabiaJapanIranUAE
8ArgentinaMexicoTunisiaEgyptMoroccoNigeriaAlgeria

England is of course constantly active as a league. I am only loading England down to Level 23 to start with. The league will be cut back to League 2 only once I have moved up sufficiently either with a club in England or if moving to a foreign country and having attained enough reputation to make it unnecessary to keep these leagues active, and we will then add new leagues based on reputation as above.

So this should be an interesting challenge that should provide an increasing challenge as we get to better teams. This story will be in monthly update style where I will cover each month and its events. That should allow me to progress efficiently through the story.

Beat%20The%20Odds%20Hillingdon%20Borough.png

Hillingdon Borough
July 2015

Hillingdon%20Contract.png

I signed a contract at my local club Hillingdon Borough to train the team. Hillingdon are a semi-professional club playing in the Spartan South Midlands Division One, which is the 10th​ tier of English football. So there would be long ladder upwards from here.

Season%20Preview%202015.png

The team were predicted to finish 6th​ this season, so that was my immediate target. Finishing any lower world be a rather abrupt ending to my tenure at the club.

Transfers%20July%202015.png

The transfers were more about getting rid of players which would not fit into the system or that there was interest in meaning I could get players that were closer to what I wanted. The players I bring in provide a lot more quality for my intended system.

Hillingdon%20July%202015%20Schedule.png

The preseason was under way in earnest in July and we started very well with 2 back to back wins, but this was soon followed by two defeats. We did recover at the end of the month to record another victory and a draw. I think it is reasonably positive considering the changes that are going on in terms of personnel and the general system of play. I do however hope we can continue well in the preseason and start well in the league.

Hillingdon Borough
August 2015

August%202015%20Schedule.png

We recovered early in the month with our final two pre-season friendlies which we duly won and kept clean sheets which was positive. In the league itself we played the first four games of the season, and it was a fantastic start to the season as we went 100%; winning every game. I was most impressed with a win away to a difficult Edgware side. Young Joe Fox has been probably the most impressive player, getting four goals in the league in the wing position. New acquisition Michael Ewang in central midfield has also been pretty impressive so far this season also.

August%202015%20Table.png

So the league table makes pretty reading so far, we could have made a better start and long may it continue.

Hillingdon Borough
September 2015

September%202015%20Schedule.png

September started off with our first loss as we lost away to Buckingham Athletic, so much for thinking we could continue our August form. In the FA Vase we faced Whitchurch and managed to respond with a 3-1 win. However things were not to improve until the end of the month, as we drew and lost our next two matches, one of these matches being the Spartan League Cup game against Crawley Green on penalties. At the end of the month we managed to string two wins in the league together including a win against Langford who were above us in the league and they could have extended a significant gap with a win. A topsy turvy month for us, we were never going to live up to last month, but I did feel we were poor for much of it.

September%202015%20Tables.png

We are still top, the last victory against Langford being the key victory that kept us on top of the league, but we can see that things are tighter at the top and we need to maintain our form, if we want to challenge for an

Hillingdon Borough
October 2015

October%202015.png

October has been a terrible month for us considering where we started. We started by dropping out of the FA Vase against Horndean. We then followed up with three draws and ended with a draw in the league. So a winless month for us, although we at least managed to get mostly draws

October%202015%20Table.png

The league looks a lot less pleasant to look like, we now lie 5th​ in the league and I can now start worrying about the target.