Striings24

Reaction score
So I'm Liverpool and I can never beat the tops team in the prem. does anyone have a good tactic?

Do you defend against the teams or attack?

just tweek your tactics or pack your midfield like erm 451 with 2wingers and im mcl a ball winner (def) then im CM btb and mcr dlp (def) an rigid and control...short passing press more less width

I have recently found that, esp if they play with a "narrow" mid field they dont like a packed midfield of your own with hassle and get stuck in shouts - though you may well get red carded.

Read the scout reports they are very important.

Play someone in the holding role. If you are in your first season play lucas leiva in there

I struggle to beat the top teams when im big teams alike ... But yet on my Hebburn Town save ive beat the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea Arsenal etc in the cup ... They have fielded strong teams too. But now im in Prem i have struggled ...

Counter attacking Football, or even Defensive Football if you're heavily outmatched talent wise has often worked for me.

My mid-table Belgian team Charleroi took down Anderlecht with good counter attacking Football. If you try and play a bigger team at their own game, you're gonna get played off the park. I find if you play too defensive and let them come at you time and time again, usually they'll sneak a goal or two, even if it takes them a while. Playing counter attacking is still using a defensive philosophy, but still offers an attacking threat when the few opportunities arise.

Captain Obvious I know. :p But stating what has worked for me, not just in my Charleroi save, but others too.

Team talks I find can be useful too. When the odds are heavily against you, I often say in a calm manner something along the lines of just go out there and enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
As long as they aren't miles away from me (E.g I am in League 1 and they are a top Premier League team) I normally just play as if I would a game by someone below me in my league, with great success. If I am a prem team I will go for the win against every other team in the league, regardless of wether it is Reading or Man City!