JaseyB

Reaction score
I've decided to start a new game with my nearest club Bromley , no staff, very limited funds, and a pretty poor squad. My goal is not really to just create a good team, but to create a good club, so i will be looking to shake things up in a big way.

Tactics - I've played the long ball target man football in every lower league game i've started and always done pretty well, so this time i'm going to try and stay clear of that and instead attempt to bring in some sexy counter attacking football, based on a solid defence and a hardworking midfield. I want my team to attack as a unit.

Transfer policy - Until i'm in a position where i have the facilities and coaching staff to make youngsters fulfill their potential, i'm going to focus on getting proven players with the attributes they need already in place. I also never really use the scouting feature of the game so i'm going to try and find some gems this way rather than looking through 'recommend a player' threads on fm forums (A)

Management style - Trying to get 'sexy football' to work in the lower leagues is probably going to take alot of time to get working, so i think patience is the key word. I'm not a mug though, so will happily chop someone if their not up to scratch.

I think thats about enough anyway, time to crack on with the season!

I'll update it after pre-season with signings and results.

hope you get them to the prem one day try and get Cody Mcdonald from norwich on-loan usally comes

Pre season

Transfer In's

Mark Birch - Free - Solid right back with good defensive attributes. Adds experience and a touch of quality to the squad. 30 years old.

Zlatko Yankov - Free - Again, more experience and a solid midfielder. Gonna put him in more of a holding role because of his defensive abilities. Very old though so i'll be looking at getting 1 or 2 good seasons max out of him.

Simon Spender - £0 - Wrexham - Transfer listed by wrexham, but im not really sure why. Solid right back/wing back with good pace and the ability to get forward, could see him in the bsp easily. Only 22 too.

***** Robert, Giovanni Fetissoi, Djamil Gangate - Free - I did originally want to resist the temptation to try reunion but i had already loaded it and thought surely a couple wouldnt hurt. *****'s a class striker, good finishing and composure, and fairly quick too. The other two are young average squad players, a dm and a dc.

Miles Smith - Free - Another young squad plyer, average stats but 12 creativity, so could come in and do a job.

Ricardo Fernandes - Loan (Chelsea) - Got fortunate enough to land chelsea as a parent club and they've sent me ricardo on loan. Good passing and dribbling, and decent pace. Not sure about first team though, we'll see.

Outs

Ali Chabaan - Useless

Ashley Robinson - Good player but had to go to free up some wages.

Tactics

Im going for a flat 4-4-2, with fullbacks making forward runs and my wingers very attack minded too. The two midfields will play a Keane and Scholes role, with one of them allowed alot of creative freedom and the freedom to get forward, and the other defense minded to sit and hold. Short, quick, and as wide as possible are the tactical settings, with my left and right midfielders as the 'used playmakers'. Think Cristiano Ronaldo and Giggs, just alot worse.

Friendlies

Bromley 4 - 0 Nuneaton (Robert, Mcbean, Hall, Spender)
Demolition job, posession was fairly even but my team managed to create 16 chances to their 1. The main highlight of this match though was my wingers Spender and Hall. For my team to play the way i want the wingers and their ability to get forward is integral, in this match albeit against lower quality opposition my wingers were immense, both getting on the score sheet and skinning their men for fun.

Corby 1 - 1 Bromley (McBean)
Put simply we just couldn't score. Had the most posession, most shots by far but just couldn't find the net. Not going to pay too much attention to this result, i'll consider it just an off day for the strikers.

Bromley 1 - 1 Blackburn reserves (Birch pen)
We were outclassed and outplayed, all the credit goes to my goalkeeper and the back 4. They has 22 shots to our 5, but we managed to hold on to a 1 - 1 draw against far superior opposition. Credit also again to the wingers who showed not only their attacking but defensive qualities too when called upon.

Bromley 0 - 2 Crystal Palace
Not a bad result considering they're 5 leagues above us. Victor moses skinned my whole defence and scored a wonder goal for them, and shefqi kuqi got a header. Not much i can do about that really lol. We did restrict them to mostly long shots, and i think it again highlighted the quality of my defence. Big downside is that my captain and first choice centreback rob gillman is out for 3 - 4 weeks, and ***** robert has been ruled out for 3 months (teaches me for using reunion eh?).

First 10 games coming soon....

good luck mate hope u get 2 ur goal im tryin the same with gateshead.