phil_papa

Reaction score
i'm not too sure how this works as i've never done this before, but i made a tactic and its absolutely unbelievable. I started a save as Manchester United and i have won every single game i've played so far and conceded 3 goals in 12 games, friendlies included (i conceded 2 in a friendly where i played my young players, but scored 5 so it didn't matter). i've beaten Bayern in a friendly, i beat Chelsea 3-0 and had 31 shots and also beat Napoli 3-0 and again had 31 shots. i've had 206 shots in 7 games, which is about 29-30 per game.

Here are my transfers: View attachment 397693

And my tactics:View attachment 397689

for the player roles,
DLF: shoot more often, pass it shorter, move into channels, roam from positions. Make sure your forward is a good technician and a good finisher. obviously, it makes it easier that i have RVP and Rooney in the team.
SS: shoot more often, more direct passes, dribble more (optional). This player is going to have to create a lot of chances, so try finding someone who is good at shooting from outside the box and can also pick a pass.
AP's: move into channels, roam from positions. This is basically two number 10's, so you can probably imagine why Mata and Kagawa are doing so well. Try to find players with good stats Off the ball, first touch, passing and shooting. For me, Kagawa and Mata have scored a lot of goals and Rooney and Van Persie are assisting a lot
DLP's: pass it shorter. you want these players to be pretty creative and good passers, have pretty good stamina and have a good first touch because they will be pinging around first time passes. you could possibly set them as defensive mids and have more combative players, playing a bit more on the counter if thats what you fancy.
FB's: no specific instructions. I don't put any specific instructions for the fullbacks, but they should be adventurous and like to bomb forward, so make sure they have a high work rate and are good crossers of the ball.
CD's: No specific instructions. i don't put any specific instructions on the centre backs either, just make sure they are good tacklers (i.e. at least 16)
GK: No specific instructions.

My pre-match tactics are a huge part of my game. i ALWAYS close down the keeper and the central defenders, so if its possible find an attacking quartet with pretty good stamina. as for the other positions, i just let my assistant handle all that.

(because they also take corners)View attachment 397684 View attachment 397683 View attachment 397682View attachment 397681

The left centre back (or whoever attacks the near post) should have good heading, positioning and anticipation. because of the amount of shots i have had, i have won a load of corners and vidic has scored a ton of goals. View attachment 397685
he has 6 in 7 competitive games and 8 in 10 starts.

Training is a huge part of Football Manager 14 because you need to teach your players to play with your tactics. its also very important to have coaches who can teach your players the necessary skills. under training, go to coaches and have a go at fixing around which coaches do what and if you have an inept one in say goalkeeping, go out and sign a better GK coach. its also important to have good physios so your team recovers quickly. Training varies, i generally have match prep to either teamwork, tactics only or attacking movement, but you can fiddle with that to see what works best for you. as for the week-by-week training, as the team is not 100% familiar with the formation, i usually set the tactics to either team cohesion or tactics, and then when they are fully familiar with my formations i change it week to week depending on my fixture list. when i have a game in the league and a big champions league tie, i usually set the training to either defending or just balanced.

I will keep updating my results and telling if i change any tactics. Give them a try, tell me what you think!

here is the link for the tactic if you want to download it and have a go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1sz6fv67arf6oc/4-2-3-1_Attacking_Football.tac

Last edited:
i apologize if this is an ignorant question, but link for what? :p as i said, i haven't done this stuff before

i apologize if this is an ignorant question, but link for what? :p as i said, i haven't done this stuff before

I think someone wanted you to upload you tactic file (*.tac) within your post as an object or at some free file sharing website.

i added a link to the main post if you would like to have a go

How have you got berardi on a free? Is he the same italian kid (striker) from "susasullo" or sth?

i am using LFCMarshall's FM14 January Update (15.2.14) and he wasn't under contract so i just signed him.