nSickboy

Reaction score
Beautiful Winner
An attacking philosophy inspired by Zdeněk Zeman

268g1Z7.png

Inspiration

Lately, I have been finding myself reading a lot of articles about football due to the amount of spare time I have been blessed with, but uni starts in a month so I can kiss that goodbye. I read a lot about this Zeman guy and I thought his philosophy is interesting and thought I'd implement it into this nice game since Zeman and I both share the same amount of stubbornness when it comes to tactics. ANYWAY, enough talk about this, lets get back to the tactic.

Tactic Description and Player Requirements.

The tactic can be described as a 4-3-3, I guess? It involves 7 players that overload the opponent's area in order to score goals. The back line consists of 4 players, 2 central defenders and 2 complete wingbacks with attacking roles. The 2 central defenders are gonna have terrible time if they lack pace, combined with tackling, positioning, marking, jumping and heading you will have a pretty good defense. The wingbacks on the other hand can survive without their usual defensive abilities but they will need pace, stamina and high work rate. Moving on to the next line, your central midfield (CM) should have good defensive and physical ability for the tactic to work. The other two central midfielders should be well rounded they (LCM and RCM) will need good passing, teamwork and a high work rate, remember they are considered attackers so any extra attacking abilities are welcome (ie creativity, dribbling, etc..). The front line is made up of an enganche in the middle, I love saying enganche, and two shadow strikers. You will need pace upfront and good finishing for all three players but the enganche should be able to pass the ball around and have good creativity.

Success

I have plugged this in with my Everton team that was able to win the Premier League in the first season with a few transfers. (Shown in screenshot section) I was able to reach FA Cup semi finals and Capital One Cup final but without any success. Eliminated by Chelsea in both competitions. Romelu Lukaku was my top scorer, he was implemented in the left shadow striker position and he did the best out of all the players scoring 34 goals and setting up a teammate 10 times.

Training and Opposition Instructions
NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS ARE USED
Training:
Pre-season (2 weeks)
C4Y4f6q.png

Pre-season - 2 Months in the season
HtWZ6dX.png

Rest of the season
Vc0paIe.png

Download
Click here or View attachment 338728

Last edited: