November 2021

180px-Hampton_%26_Richmond_Borough_F.C._logo.png

November 2021

Tuesday 9th November 2021
Vanarama National League South
Welling United (Home)
Formation: 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond

View attachment 19778

We kicked off the month with our rescheduled game against Welling which was postponed at the end of October due to a waterlogged pitch! Welling are struggling in the league this year and currently find themselves deep in the relegation battle, and they played exactly that way too! We were not fantastic, but they were ****** awful and made things pretty easy for us!

Saturday 13th November 2021
Hungerford Town (Away)

View attachment 19777

A good away win against the side that knocked us out of the FA Cup last month! The game looked like it might fizzle out into a bore draw until Owen Betts gifted us the lead in the 81st minute, literally passing the ball back past his keeper and into his own net! Henry Cowans then scored a nice effort from 18 yards out late on to seal the win.

We'll take on Hendon in the FA Trophy at the end of the month. Hendon currently sit bottom of our league, so with the home advantage, the bookies will be expecting a comfortable win for us!

View attachment 19776

Saturday 20th November 2021
Chippenham Town (Away)

View attachment 19775

That makes it 3 wins on the bounce and I'm starting to think we may have put our poor run last month firmly behind us! A single Ryan Carson strike was enough to grab all 3 points today!

Interview Offer; Tranmere Rovers came calling inviting me in for an interview, which I quickly declined! Although Rovers is a much bigger club and offer a step up the divisions, my aim is to stick with Hampton & Richmond and take them as far as possible!

View attachment 19774

Contract Signed; The interest from Tranmere seems to have kicked my board into action and they immediately offer me a new 2 year deal with another little pay rise! Obviously, I'm quick to sign and commit my future to the club!

View attachment 19773

Incoming Transfer; I have a couple of options in the defensive midfield role of my diamond at the moment, but one of them is Michael Corcoran who is really not very well suited to that position....Basically, it was an area of the squad I knew could be improved with the right player. That player is Jake Gallagher, who joins on a free transfer after being released by Aldershot in the Summer. Jake is another player who brings valuable experience to the team, having played all of his football at higher levels. He adds some grit, determination and aggression to protect the back line and looks like an awesome player to break up opposition attacks! Jake has signed a 2 year contract on £525 per week.

View attachment 19772

Saturday 27th November 2021
FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
Hendon (Home)

View attachment 19771

What a pretty **** poor way to end an otherwise decent month! This was a boring game with a serious lack of good chances for either side...unfortunately for us, Hendon took their only good one, while we missed ours!

November Review; It's the first time in 4 seasons that we are out of both the FA Cup and FA Trophy by the end of November and our cup performances have been poor this year! However, on a plus note, we were much better in the league this month taking maximum points from our 3 games and moving back to the top of the table!

View attachment 19770

View attachment 19769

Player of the Month
Ryan Moore

View attachment 19768

My right back has been the most consistent player over the past 4 games, putting in some decent performances! He contributes with a few key passes in each game, whilst his interceptions are also massively important as our opponents look to move the ball down the left wing.

December Preview; Only 4 games scheduled again next month as it seems there will be a benefit to being out of both cups, with our schedule looking lighter than normal! There's no excuses not to have another good month either with all 4 of our opponents sitting in the bottom 6 of the table!

View attachment 19767