giovani94

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if this is not the right place to post this. But I am in the summer, having finished second in my first season with Tottenham. I have a budget of £22m, and have just sold Jonathan Woodgate, replacing him with Danny Wilson.

Anyway, I have the oppertunity to sign David Beckham and Fabio Cannavaro on free transfers, and I was wondering whether they can still put in performences. They would definately not play every game. Thanks for any advice.

Depends who you are playing, Becks is class if you have some with a decent head but dont expect him to cross from the byline cos hes to old and slow to get there, cannavaro is the same, class if hes not up against a fast striker, players like darren bent would make mince meat of him but players like Pavlyuchenko would struggle. I signed Cannavaro and played him as a sweeper, with 3 at the back, he played well there as he didnt have to keep up!

i always try and sign legends in on a free experience is needed plus are great for players to learn from, if its on a free you have nothing to lose just negotiate a good contract dont pay over the odds

Becks did pretty well for me at Man Utd. Didn't play a huge number of games, but always seemed to do well. I played him more in the centre than on the right.

Thanks. If I get Beckham he would be a deep lying playmaker alongside Wilson Palacios. And Cannavaro would probably be set to cover, playing alongside King or Bassong who both have good pace.