Beckham at Forest, WTH!

• Thread starter Thread starter DizzyBala
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 8K

DizzyBala

Reaction score
I'm still literally in shock. My season ended with me just outside the playoffs as Forest. Derby took the last playoff spot =(

So, I'm playing through and to my suprise there on the free-agents list.. is none other than THE David Beckham. So i'm thinking, is this a glitch or am i being rewarded? I didnt get promotion and i'd missed out on some good players such as Ricardo Gardner, Kris Commons and Chris Brunts so this is the FM gods putting the world to rights.

So, i put my bid in for him. Bare in mind, I'm still a championship team with a low budget so all the freebies i can get. I'd recently freed up some money with the sale of Tyson and McGugan, so I'm giving David a decent pay packet for a Championship club but nothing like he's used to.

I see Porto are after him and my heart sinks. I'm not gunna get him, so i'm continuing. Then it pops up.. Beckham set to sign with Forest. I actually turned my monitor on and off to see if it was real, and it was.

So, here i am with my 2nd season, with Beckham in the starting 11.

sounds good. i bought him home to old trafford and hes still going strong even at 39 years old.

his player instructions essentially equates to ''stand still and cross it''

my biggest coup was fat ronaldo at preston. him and neil mellor dominated lol

true but porto may have offered him less cash, ie they could be in financial trouble or maybe only wanted him as a backup player and therefore offere him a low wage with no garuntee of first team footy, hwereas i assume u offered him the most cash you could as a key player?

38 not 39. but still, first touch, crossing, creativity, passing and technique are all excellent. i just post him out on the wing and he doesnt dribble, just recieves the ball and offloads it, usually with a devastating cross or through ball

And the other guy, guessing his stats went down a bit :S

beckham wounldnt even come to me

Thanks to HarryInHD for the awesome sig
FM10 TO DO LIST!!
SPORTING CP
ATHLETIC BILBAO
PALERMO
DERBY COUNTY
WOLFSBURG

he was still this good when i got him 4 seasons previously, near the start of the game. the only things that have declined are his physical stats obviously.

How much of a handicap is it to have a player with less than 5 pace?

I've seen quite a few stars like this, but I always shy away from them because they are about as physical as a grandma.

its not too bad with becks because he is so perfect everhwere else. his player instructions are set to run with ball rarely, run from deep sometimes, cross and through balls often. so he just recieves the ball and crosses it. my other winger does all the dribbling on the opposite flank. he is pretty slow so getting backk to defend is a probelm, so i have a quality RB nehind him who doesnt overlap v.often

i imagine it would b a bigger problem for a central midfield playmaker type to have no pace

yeah most players I see are midfielders with great stats but slow pace at that age. Sometimes I see some strikers like that, but slow strikers arn't up my alley. But having a guy with great crossing passing corners and free kicks and excellent mental stats is always very tempting to me.

I tried to buy Smolarek with Plymouth then I see: Atletico Madrid, Porto and Benfica want Smolarek; they all make bids for him. Next day Smolarek set to sign for Plymouth. Amazing. (H)

he's 39 on my wigan game but never been picked for an international while ive had him

Of course he'd come to us mate, we're the best team ever!! Shame about Derby nicking the last play off spot, gutted. Would have been less painful if it was someone else haha

Beckham always has immense stats right up until he retires :)

is he retired from england duty

he's still playing internationals. i recently took over as england manager on the game and have used him occasioanlly, he does a good job, but its not the best thing for the long term health of the england squad imo. i use milner and ash young there, but although they are quick, they jsut dont have the class of becks

LOL his acceleration and pace attributes are 1! Oliver Kahn would have better physical attributes than that! (or rather "Jens Mustermann ¬_¬)

Back