chrisnelie

Reaction score
How do i get the best out of david beckham got him for man utd in first season
Thanx

Use him in centre midfield as a 'playmaker'. Set all his runs to rarely. Put him on all set-pieces.

Just play him, he is that good. center of the park, he is still scoring free kicks and assisting from corners for me at 36! Thats at Wigan, imagine what he will do at United...

yeah there is no right or wrong way, just play him in position, Right mid or centre mid

If you play him in RM then use the tactics Man U did when he played there which IS NOT FWD Run often, RWB and a really high attacking position (mentality) on the field. You want him deeper in space away from the LB to play passes or to cross it. Your RB should have a much higher mentality with FWD Runs often so he ends up ahead of Beckham to attack the LB.

The problem with playing him in midfield is his pace, the further forward you have him if playing an attacking midfield role, the longer it will take for him to get back into defensive position, and the longer it will take for him to catch up to forward if you counter attack. He suits a deep playmaker role but doesn't have the defensive abilities to be the defensive minded midfielder.

Thats why I see him playing best when in a MCr position but with a DMC behind him. Could be a 4-4-2 Tight Diamond or 4-1-3-2 with the RB bombing forward to give width and pleanty of passing options around him. Maybe that CPU favourite 4-1-2-2-1 with Beckham spraying the ball to the striker and AMR or playing it laterally but with the security of the DMC behind.

What kind of formation and mentality did you give him Khanvicted ?

Last edited:
I play him RC midfield, occasionally on the flank but only rarely. I also play him alongside a defensively minded cm namely Cattermole, Zuculini and Schneiderlin. I understand what you are saying he does struggle to catch up with the play occasionally but all in all he is a great player on this game. I gave him an attacking mentality with all instructions set to mixed.

You cant go wrong with the advice preston has given yous.

He just masterminded a 5-3 beating of his beloved United and he turns 37 soon. Wish he was younger, I am going to try and persuade him to play for as long as I can.

Last edited: