Beckham?

Should he be recalled?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
why the **** has he been recalled, its such a backwards step, all the england fans were blaming becks for our crapness and now every1 is like "ooo beckham is has come back he will save the day"

well i got news for yer, he wont!

Has never done a thing wrong for England. Your all so 2 faced £10 says he scores the winner against Brazil and then it will be 'Beckham is back wooo'

I really dont think he should be back in the squad. Hes done nothing special for England over the last 18 months and very often looked as if he'd lost his way in games, never holding his position and ball-chasing.
If he does come in and play well fair play to him, but this is only a friendly and he is not the long term answer. Younger players should be getting their chances as they do with other countries.
People bemoan the fact that our national side suffers due to the influx of foreign players in the Premier. It could be that the young talent are never given the chance on the International stage as managers are afraid to drop big names, or feel compelled to recall them under pressure.

In the world cup he was your most effective player. he has been Madrids saviour after being told he wouldnt play for Madrid again by Fabio Capello hes come back and been superb. Why do you make Becks a scapegoat for all your other players bad performances.

I couldn't care less to be honest. We should be able to play any ****** at RW and still win our European games comfortably. Stevie Mac just needs to win games and thats all I care about.

This is beckham: Can cross a ball, pass one and take a freekick. Besides that eh has no skill implemented into his game, he's **** at heading, not very fast, not a great defender and not good at anything else. lennon has skill, pace and can cross a ball well on his good days - or he could at leeds!

He is so effective at what he does though, if your good enough to cross a ball without having to run past a defender why should you run past him. Just to tell you Real Madrid won 3-1 and two of the goals came from Beckhams crosses.

It's funny how the only people defending Beckham are scots

Its because we hate all the english the same so we can tell when they use a scapegoat to protect their other ***** players.

I'm not sure what to say tbh...I couldnt care less what happens to England, obv if the lose everything thats sweet :D But he probably deserves a recall-forget reputation, forget his apparent shiteness before the WC-fact is he's played well for Madrid and there are players who have played worse domestically who are in the squad. So he probably deserves a recall, but with Terry still as captain. Maybe play Beckham and Gerrard in the middle?

nope beckham on the right with joe cole on the left and gerrard and hargreaves central. i would drop lampard..too overweight and not as influencial as gerrard in the attacking midfielder role..

ha i hate it when people call lampard fat or overweight

makes me laugh - hes not overweight at all , he trains at one of the top clubs in the world every day for about 10months of the year!

its almost impossible to be overweight these days as a professional footy player

If Beckham was our best player at the WC, why does evrybody blame Rooneys sending off for us being knocked out. The minute we lost Rooney we lost the plot.

Thats true i forgot you were for his return.

o yeah forgot about Hargreaves in the middle :p

And Rooney is banned for the Estonia game so isnt in the squad

Im glad Beckham is back in the England squad. He was dropped by McLaren and made a scapegoat of Englands past failures. There is no one in the world of football who can provide a range of pinpoint and defence splitting passes, as well and consistently as Beckham. Im all for change but getting rid of Beckham was just a sign of a man who got a little bit exicted about gaining the England job. McLaren is not a world class manager and is easily swayed and influenced by the media on his team selection. We have the players to perform well in tournaments but I still dont think we have a manager who can combine them and lead them. Anyway back to Beckham, dropping him was a mistake and Im sure he will produce the form he has had for Real in recent weeks, for England.

Balls to Beckham old fart

should be this..

----------Robbo-------------

Neville---Terry---Ferdinand---Ashley Cole----

-----Gerrard---Hargreaves---Lampard-----

Rooney-------------------------------Joe Cole

------------Owen---------------

That's not actually too bad Lloyd. Aslong as someone provides a constant outball on the left and right it could be ok.