Becoming a Hometown Hero -Carlisle United

Davestan94

Reaction score
I know I said I wouldn't but final cracked under pressure and bought FM 2016. However I will playing this story on my iPad and continuing my FM 2015 and the computer link below:

http://http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/349012-turning-world-upside-down-one-country-time.html

The Story

I joined the Carlisle United youth system in my early teens and was destine to make it big but before I turned 19 I was hit by career ending injury. Football was my calling so I decided to train for my badges. In steps Carlisle United who are on edge of leaving the professional league trailing in the depths of league 2. The club are out of options and decide to risk there reputation in the young 21 year old manager. Can he be the one to take them to greatest? Can he be a hometown hero?

The club is currently predicted to finish 14th this season and to spend another in league 2. Our facilities are currently average with 16,000 seat stadium. We don't really have any rivals as we are the only professional club in Cumbria.

Carlisle United Background

View attachment 186133

Carlisle United peak year came in 1975 where they reached the first division now premier league from then they have been a rollercoaster ride between league 1 and the conference.

My aim is to take Carlisle back up to the stage they were back in 1975 and take them further.

I think I have quite a strong team but I do need some new additions possible a new right back and a winger. The 3 players I singled out as my key players :

Mark Gillespie

View attachment 185999

A young keeper with a lot of years ahead him, still got a lot of time to improve.

Kevin Osei

View attachment 185998

Another young player who I can see being a big player in the team and he can play in multiple positions.

Jabo Ibehre

View attachment 185996

Is nearing the end of his career but I think he has 2/3 more seasons in him and can be useful player.

Only one players stands out ;

Connor Hammell

View attachment 185995

Only player I could see playing in the 1st team in a couple of years

Transfers

Mike Mampuya

My first signing as a boss is to bring in 32 year old Mike Mampuya on a free transfer to build up some strength on the right back side.

Pre-Season​

Season Tickets
View attachment 185990

Our season ticket sales sit currently just under 10% of a capacity

Promotion Chances
View attachment 185986

With us being predicted to finish 14th in the league. They give us odds of 33/1 to be promoted. Notts county and Luton are favourites.

July 2015 Update 2​

Pre-Season Game 1

Carlisle United vs SC Heerenveen

View attachment 185936

My first game as boss didn't exactly go to as planned starting off with a 1-0 loss. I used 22 players in the team playing with a different team playing each half. My team seemed to more interested in putting big backless than scoring as 4 players were shown yellow cards.

Pre-Season Game 2

Penrith vs Carlisle United

View attachment 185873

We faced our closest rivals in a friendly given this was United/Liverpool or El Clasico because there number of leagues between them. This simpler showed as we walked all over them winning 4-1. Derek Asamoah was stand out guy scored a goal, creating one and playing the whole game.

Season Tickets Update

View attachment 185860
The season tickets sales have increased by 300 tickets from last month from 1400 to 1700

Captain/Vice Captain

View attachment 185861

I chose left back Danny Grainger as the person to wear the captain armband. The vice-captain slot was given to Jason Kennedy.

Assistant Manager Vacancy

View attachment 185850

St Mirren moved in on my Assistant Manager Colin West and signed him as their new Chief Scout. I immediately put an advert in for new Assistant Manager.

Pre-Season Game 3

Carlisle United vs Shrewsbury

View attachment 185844

The game against Shrewsbury wasn't really one to remember, it was a fairly even game coinciding that Shrewsbury were a league above us. They slipped 2 goals past us right before half-time and seen it out to win 2-0.

Last edited:
August 2015 Update

Pre-Season Game 4

Workington AFC vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185763

Our fourth and final pre-season game was against another one of our rivals Workington who are now 3 leagues below us. We had a good game against Workington controlling the game. We won the game 2-0 Jabo Ibehre and Kevin Osei scored the goal. Jabo Ibehre was the stand out player of the game.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Draw

View attachment 1014322View attachment 185762

We were giving a tough draw against Walsall who are in the

View attachment 185760
Sky Bet League 2 Game 1

Mansfield v Carlisle United

View attachment 185761

My first competive match went very well with my team getting the better part of the game and were rewarded with a 1-0 win courtesy of Jabo Ibehre.

View attachment 1014328
Capital One Cup 1st Round
Bolton vs Carlisle

View attachment 185758

My debut attempt at the Capital One Cup didn't go very well and the way we went out was disappointing. We were able to hold Bolton off the extra time. We were given some hope in the 93rd minute by Jabo Ibehre which later smashed 3 minutes later by Gary Madine equalising. We were looking forward to penalties when disaster struck and meppen-Walters put ball in his own in 125 minute of the game eliminating us from the competition

View attachment 185760
Sky Bet League 2 Game 2
Carlisle United vs Cambridge United
View attachment 185743

I was hoping after my first game in charge the second game would be much the same. I couldn't believe how good my team were. Derek Asamoah would give us the lead early on before Cambridge would equal with a spot kick. After that Kevin Osei had one of the best games of his lives netting a hat-trick to give us a 4-1 win.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 3
Plymouth Arygle v Carlisle United
View attachment 185737

Third time was not the charm for us when took our longest round trip down to Plymouth. We would take the lead through Joe Thompson before equaled up by Reuben Reid. We thought game would end in a draw before Plymouth would get a late winner giving us our first loss of the season.

I made a 50K offer on Southend United 27 year old Winger Myles Weston which was accepted and he was given a the No 8 shirt. The second addition was a new assistant manager Dennis Booth who had experience with Hull, Bristol and Huddersfield to name a few.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 4
Carlisle United vs AFC Wimbledon
View attachment 185732

Joe Thompson was the stand out man of the game despite the arrival of Myles Weston scoring two goals to giving us the win despite a goal from Wimbledon.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 5
Hartlepool vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185731

My had our first draw of the season came against Hartlepool we ever took the lead twice through Derek Asamoah and Jabo Ibehre but both occasions were equaled up by Kudas Oyenuga.

September 2015 Update​

View attachment 185525

View attachment 1014628
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Round 1
Walsall vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185524

My debut in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy went pretty well. Walsall did take the lead in the first half but we equaliser in the second half immediately through Derek Asamoah and took a late winner late in the game by an own goal from Walsall. Our shock win lined us up the second round opponent Wigan Athletic an equally hard game.

View attachment 185502
Sky Bet League 2 Game 6
Carlisle United vs Barnet
View attachment 185501

We continued our great form in the league as was dominated Barnet finally breaking through with in form Kevin Osei. Gary Dicker would pop up just before the end to give us a 2-0 win.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 7
Carlisle United vs Dagenham and Redbridge
View attachment 185498

We racked up yet another win against Dagenham this time Gary Dicker would give us the lead 20 minutes but despite all shots we couldn't hit a second

Sky Bet League 2 Game 8
York City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185497

This was very close game with both teams throwing punches but it would be York City to get breakthrough in the 85th minute only for Derek Asamoah to get back level a minute later.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 9
Carlisle United vs Newport County
View attachment 185489

We got a very important win over second place Newport County by getting the better part of the game. We got the only goal of game 3 minutes from the end of the first half of the game with Jabo Ibehre getting it.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 10
Leyton Orient vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185484

Probably one of the best comebacks I've had on football manager from 1-0 down to 3-1 down, subbing on Gillead and Wyke on. Gillead takes it to 4-2 and Charlie Wyke puts 2 in to gain us a point.

October 2015 Update​

View attachment 185384
Manager of the Month
View attachment 185385
After my performance over the past month I earned the September Manager of the month of the award
View attachment 185383
Sky Bet League 2 Game 11
Stevenage vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185381

Our first game of October started off quite risky when we nearly held to draw by Stevenage but Myles Weston left until the 96 minute to give us the win.

View attachment 1014781
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Round 2
Wigan Athletic vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185378
We were eliminated in the second round of the competition by a early goal from Wigan not much to say

Injury
View attachment 185373
Jabo Ibehre will be out for 2-3 weeks with a gashed upper leg

Unhappy Player
View attachment 185372
Bastian Hery says he wants more first team football I agreed and accepted

View attachment 185383
Sky Bet League 2 Game 12
Carlisle United vs Morecambe
View attachment 185371

The beginning of the game started off well with us dominating getting an early goal from Kevin Osei. Morecambe would equal it just before half time. The second half brought many shots from us eventually a winner came from Myles Weston.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 13
Carlisle United vs Exeter City
View attachment 185369

Our performance against Exeter was one of our best with Bastian Hery showing why he wanted in team helping set up Alex Gillead and Kevin Osei. Charlie Wyke came on late to score two goals and give a 4-0 win

Tom Miller becomes the third loanee of the season when joins Gateshead. (Connor Hammell and Dan Atkinson both joined Annan on loan in September forgot to screenshot oops)

Player Return
View attachment 185290
Jabo Ibehre returns from upper leg gash injury

Sky Bet League 2 Game 14
Northampton vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185285

Northampton gave a harsh reality of being too cocky we had a 2-1 lead through Kevin Osei double. We looked like we going win when conceded two goals in the last 10 minutes leaving us with nothing.

He lost Jason Kennedy for 4-5 weeks after he pulled his hamstring in Northampton. Unhappy player Bastian Hery will get the player time he want.

New Contract
View attachment 185283

Andrew Jenkins looked keen to sign me to a new deal. I signed 2 year extension for 1,400 per week.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 15
Wycombe Wanderers vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185282

Derek Asamoah to the rescue again we were looking like we were going to lose when Asamoah scavenged us a point.

We took a hard draw in the FA Cup against League 1 team Peterbrough United. These never seem to be fair to us haha

Another Injury
View attachment 185267

Troy Archibald-Henville had a training ground injury which he has damaged knee cartridge ruling himself out for 5-6 weeks

Sky Bet League 2 Game 16
Carlisle United vs Yeovil
View attachment 185260

We had another very close game this time ourselves and Yeovil had identical shots we just had better shots with Myles Weston and Derek Asamoah hitting the net.

League Table
View attachment 185255

We had great start to the season with us sitting top of the table after 16 games with a 3 point gap between us and Plymouth.

Last edited:
November 2015 Update​

View attachment 185039
Suspension
View attachment 185099
Danny Grainger reaches the 5 yellow card limit and is suspended from one game.

Another Unhappy Player
View attachment 185117
Like Bastian Hery, Patrick Brough says he is unhappy and wants more playing time So I accepted.

Contract Termination
View attachment 185104
Myself, Carlisle and Angelo Balanta came to an agreement to terminate Balanta contract a month early after he spend 5 months in Reserves and failed make a first team appearance.

Injury
View attachment 185091

During a training session Kevin Osei landed funny and ended up fracturing his wrist. I decided being one of my key player I would the £500 for the protective equipment and limit his playing time.

A Third Unhappy Player
View attachment 185087
Steven Rigg wants more player time, I decided to suggest a loan deal as he will be the first team is soon but not quite yet

View attachment 185085
FA Cup Round 1
Carlisle United vs Peterbrough
View attachment 185081

We caused yet another upset we held our own against a big team and were rewarded for effort with early goal from Gary Dicker and were able to hold it up.

Fan Reaction
View attachment 185080
The fans certainly seem pleased haha

Loan deal
View attachment 185078
I went through on my suggestion to sent Rigg on loan. He joins Cheltenham for 1 month.

Fa Cup Round 2 Draw
View attachment 185077
We get a kind draw of Wycombe Wanderers which will be a close game

View attachment 185044

Sky Bet League 2 Game 17
Bristol Rovers vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185071
We nearly through away the game finishing 3-2 from having a 3-0 lead to the lowest team in the league. We need to be better.

Injury Return
View attachment 185066
Jason Kennedy returns after a length period, I'll ease back into the squad easily.

Loan Return
View attachment 185062
Tom Miller returns from his month loan at Gateshead

Loan Deal
View attachment 185061
Cheltenham agree a second 1 month loan deal this time with Centre Back Micheal Raynes

View attachment 185044

Sky Bet League 2 Game 18
Carlisle United v Portsmouth
View attachment 185057

We had a terrible game against Portsmouth, we did go level at one point but Portsmouth did control the game and deserved it.

Unhappy Player
View attachment 185053
Another player wanting more playing time this time it's Luke Joyce I accepted.

View attachment 185044

Sky Bet League 2 Game 19
Luton Town vs Carlisle United
View attachment 185051
We were nearly embarrassed by Luton, Alex Gillihead stealing us a point.

Sky Bet League Game 20
Carlisle United vs Crawley Town
View attachment 185050
Our **** run continues as Crawley steals 2 points off us

Injury Table
View attachment 185043
Troy Archibald-Henville returns from his short term injury and maybe able to play against Wycombe Wanderers

Awards
View attachment 185041
Loanee Youngster Alex Gillihead picks up the award for young player of the month

League Table
View attachment 185040
A poor month means we are off the top spot into 2nd place coming up to the half way point.

Last edited:
December 2015 Update​

View attachment 184743
View attachment 184737
FA Cup 2nd Round
Wycombe Wanderers vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184739
We controlled the early part of the game getting a 2 goal lead from Weston and Hery but Wycombe slowly fought back over the course of the game to make 2-2 in 80 minute. Their celebrations were too early though as Jabo Ibehre scored the winner a minute after the equaliser.

Card limit
View attachment 184738
Macaulay Gillesphey reaches his 5 yellow card limit and banned from 1 game.

View attachment 184737
FA Cup 3rd Round draw
View attachment 184735
I'm excited about this one we will play Southampton at home in third home that should sell some tickets.

Loan Return
View attachment 184734
Steven Rigg turns after his month at Cheltenham. He seem to be OK might need further loans.

Injury Return
View attachment 184733
Kevin Osei arm is fully fixed and he is back to full fitness.
View attachment 184742
Sky Bet League 2 Game 21
Oxford United vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184732
We should of really took this game but ended up on back foot once again, Charlie Wyke turned up later to get us a point.

Injury
View attachment 184728
Well if you can call it a injury my centre midfield Gary Dicker caught a virus and is out for 2 weeks

Loan Return
View attachment 184727
Micheal Raynes is back from his month in Cheltenham

Injury
View attachment 184726
Courtney Meppen-Walter is ruled out for 4/5 weeks with a Chest Injury

View attachment 184742
Sky Bet League 2 Game 22
Carlisle United vs Notts County
View attachment 184725
For the being the top 2 in the league this was a pretty boring match

Unhappy Player
View attachment 184724
Abit confusing Archibald-Henville complaining of player time when I've started him every chance I could when he wasn't injured

Injury
View attachment 184721
Another player with a gashed arm Bastion Hery this time I told the physio just to use the protective equipment.

View attachment 184742
Sky Bet League 2 Game 23
Accrington Stanley vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184716
Finally getting back to winning in the League back crushing them 4-1 Wyke and Gillihead wreck Accrington.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 24
Carlisle United vs Hartlepool
View attachment 184714
The curse of Kudus Oyenuga as gets one over us again.

Player Return
View attachment 184708
Gary Dicker returns from his virus.

Injury
View attachment 184702
Danny Grainger picks a flu and will the first game of the new year.

League Table
View attachment 184701
We currently sit 3rd by 1 point but it such an open league at the half way with about 7 or 8 teams in the running.

January 2016 Update​
View attachment 184161
View attachment 184160
Sky Bet League 2 Game 25
Carlisle United vs Plymouth Arygle
View attachment 184159
We start the New Year off with a flyer with a 3-0 win, Ibehre, Weston and Hery are the scorers

Player Absense
View attachment 184158View attachment 184157
Dan Hanford was absent from training this was dealt with immediately

Unhappy Player
View attachment 184156View attachment 184155
Tom Miller was unhappy about his about playing time so I offer him up for loan deal

Player injuries
View attachment 184154View attachment 184153
Meppen-Walter returns from his short term injury while Jabo Ibehre picks up a facial injury but will play with facial protection

FA Cup Round 3
Carlisle United vs Southampton
View attachment 184152
We put up a valiant effort against the big boys and they beat us 2-0 should of really been 1-0 but can't complain when you see match was nearly a sell-out

Loan Deal
View attachment 184150
Tom Miller rejects the opportunity to rejoin Gateshead on loan in favour of Wrexham this time
View attachment 184160
Sky Bet League 2 Game 26
AFC Wimbledon vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184149
Despite Wimbledon having more shots on target than us, we took our chances and got the game done early

Sky Bet League 2 Game 27
Barnet vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184148
Barnet came from behind to get shock win over us, we should of done better

Sky Bet League 2 Game 28
Carlisle United vs York City
View attachment 184042
We smash 4goals past our opponents Weston, Grainger and Gillilead the scorers.

Player Injuries
View attachment 184039View attachment 184038
Jabo Ibehre is ruled out with a bruised rib and Alex Gillihead has a serious knee injury which means I have to send him back

View attachment 184160
Sky Bet League Game 29
Dagenham and Redbridge vs Carlisle United
View attachment 184040
we were totally embarrassed by Dagenham need to do better

League Table
View attachment 184041
We go on a springboard between 1st and 3rd for the duration of the month but after this month it shows that looking more of a 4 horse race between us, Portsmouth, Plymouth and Notts County.

Last edited:
February 2016 Update​

View attachment 183883

Loan deal
View attachment 183882
Matty Douglas becomes the third player to join Annan on loan

View attachment 183881
Sky Bet League 2 Game 30
Carlisle United vs Accrington Stanley
View attachment 183879
Myles Weston continues his goalscoring record by getting the winner against Accrington Stanley.

Unhappy Player
View attachment 183877
Micheal Raynes wants more playing time so I offer him a loan deal.

View attachment 183881
Sky Bet League 2 Game 31
Newport County vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183872
Jabo Ibehre and Derek Asamoah turn up late to steal us a point off Newport.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 32
Carlisle United vs Stevenage
View attachment 183869
We come back from being 2 goals down to put 4 past Stevenage Weston, Dicker, Gillesphey and Asamoah were the scorers

Loan Deal
View attachment 183864
Mike Mampuya joins Altrincham on a month loan

View attachment 183881
Sky Bet League 2 Game 33
Morecambe vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183859
We get the game done early with Osei and Meppen-Walter scoring Morecambe did get one back but it wasn't enough

League Table
View attachment 183854
After a great run of form we are back on the top spot but Oxford United also join the fight for the top spot.

March 2016 Update​

View attachment 183516
View attachment 183536
Sky Bet League 2 Game 34
Carlisle United vs Leyton Orient
View attachment 183542
Kevin Osei and Patrick Brough help us get a comfortable 2-0 win

Player Injuries
View attachment 183527View attachment 183526
Two players are injured in the Orient game Brough is ruled out for 3 months with knee ligament damage and Jason Kennedy is out for a week with a twisted ankle

View attachment 183536
Sky Bet League 2 Game 35
Carlisle United vs Northampton
View attachment 183519
We come from behind to put 3 past Northampton Asamoah and Joyce were the scorers

Sky Bet League 2 Game 36
Exeter City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183518
Myles Weston could help us get a draw against Exeter City a point it is.

Sky Bet League 2 Game 37
Carlisle United vs Wycombe Wanderers
View attachment 183515
The last few minutes of the game were crazy we nearly didn't get a single point from this game

Loan Player Return
View attachment 183511
Mike Mampuya returns from a month loan from Atrincham

Absense Player
View attachment 183510
Dan Hanford is Absense from training again and this time I give a weeks wages fine

Unhappy Player
View attachment 183508
Joe Thompson is unhappy about playing time I decide to let him have some time

View attachment 183536
Sky Bet League 2 Game 38
Yeovil vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183505
We could only manage another draw against Yeovil both goals being own goals

Sky Bet League 2 Game 39
Carlisle United vs Bristol Rovers
View attachment 183504
Meppen-Walter scores a late winner to give us a 3 points

League Table
View attachment 183503
Leading into the last few games of the season we open a 3 point gap at the top of the league

April 2016 Update​
View attachment 183373
View attachment 183372
Sky Bet League 2 Game 40
Portsmouth vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183371
April didn't get off to the best start as took a 1-0 loss to Portsmouth

Player Return
View attachment 183369
Jason Kennedy returns from his twisted ankle injury
View attachment 183372
Sky Bet League 2 Game 41
Carlisle United vs Mansfield
View attachment 183365
Danny Grainger gets a crucial penalty to get us three points from Mansfield

Sky Bet League 2 Game 42
Cambridge United vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183361
Cambridge nearly took 2 points off us but Jason Kennedy got us all 3 points

Sky Bet League 2 Game 43
Carlisle United vs Luton Town
View attachment 183354
Craig Mackail-Smith gets a injury time goal to steal 2 points from us

Player Injury
View attachment 183352
Jason Kennedy is injured yet again another foot injury
View attachment 183372
Sky Bet League 2 Game 44
Crawley Town vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183351
We get this game done in the first half winning the game 3-1 Ibehre, Hery and Grainger were the scorers

Sky Bet League 2 Game 45
Carlisle United vs Oxford United
View attachment 183348
We held our title rival Oxford to a draw meaning the title will be decided on the last day.

Unhappy Player
View attachment 183339
Charlie Wyke is unhappy about playing time and tell him I'll play him next season seen as there only 1 game left.

League Table
View attachment 183338
One game left who will take it us , Portsmouth, Oxford or possible Notts County?

May 2016 Update​
View attachment 183060

Absense Player
View attachment 183059
Hanford misses training yet again so get a 2 week fine this time.

View attachment 183058
Sky Bet League 2 Game 46
Notts County vs Carlisle United
View attachment 183057
A point is all we need to secure the title and a point is what we got !!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 183055
View attachment 183053
View attachment 183050

Player Injury
View attachment 183044
Kevin Osei picked up a facial injury and will be out for 2 weeks

Next Season Budgets
View attachment 183040
Board sets the budgets for next season I imagine these will soon change

Reactions
View attachment 183039View attachment 183038View attachment 183037
The Carlisle Fans, The Board and Carlisle Legend Peter Murphy react to me winning the title.

Prize Money
View attachment 183036
We receive 25,000 for winning the League 2

Injury Return
View attachment 183035View attachment 183034
Patrick Brough returns from his 3 month injury and Jason Kennedy is back from a month loan injury

End of Season Awards
View attachment 183033
The player of the year was handed to Gary Dicker who pipped Bastian Hery and Derek Asamoah to the award. Bastian Hery however did pick up the young player of the season. Myles Weston was the signing of the season. There was 3 joint top scorers this season Myles Weston, Jabo Ibehre and Derek Asamoah. The best eleven of this season is Gilliespie, McQueen, Gillesphey, Meppen Walter, Grainger, Hery, Dicker, Asamoah, Weston, Osei and Ibehre

2015/2016 Season Review
View attachment 182995

Retirement
View attachment 182994
After only hiring him last season my assistant manager has decided he will call it a day

Prize Money
View attachment 182993
We were giving 250K for participating in the Sky Bet League 2

Loan Return
View attachment 182992
The three players that were on loan at Annan return Dan Atkinson, Matty Douglas and Connor Hammell

Retirement
View attachment 182990
Derek Asamoah says he will retire after next season

Awards
View attachment 182987
To finally finish the month of May I shocked everyone by picking up the manager of the year award

Last edited:
Competition Review​
Champions League
View attachment 182674
Winner: Chelsea
Runners Up: Manchester United

UEFA Cup
View attachment 182673
Winner: Fiorentina
Runner Up: Liverpool

Premier League
View attachment 182672
Winner: Manchester City
Runner Up: Arsenal
3rd Place: Manchester United
Relegated: Leicester City, West Brom and Sunderland

Sky Bet Championship
View attachment 182670
Winner: Wolves
Runner-Up: Brighton & Hove Albion
Playoff Winner: Hull City
Relegated: Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers and Rotherham

Sky Bet League 1
View attachment 182668
Winner: Wigan Athletic
Runner Up: Millwall
Playoff Winner: Barnsley
Relegated: Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Crewe Alexandra and Scunthorpe United

Sky Bet League 2
View attachment 182663
Winner: Carlisle United
Runner Up: Portsmouth
3rd Place: Oxford United
Playoff Winner: Luton Town
Relegated: Accrington Stanley and Mansfield Town

FA Cup
View attachment 182659
Winner: Chelsea
Runner Up: Liverpool

Capital One Cup
View attachment 1017775
Winner: Manchester United
Runner Up: Swansea City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
View attachment 1017778
Winner: Millwall
Runner Up: Bradford City

June 2016 Update
View attachment 182387

Retirement
View attachment 182385
Mike Mampuya drops a bomb that he will leave in 3 weeks

Youth Intake
View attachment 182384
This year Youth intakes are being announced

Transfer
View attachment 182383
Dan Hanford leaves to join Wrexham

Retirement
View attachment 182382
My second Assistant Manager calls it a day

Review
View attachment 182380
Sky Bet League 2 review marks us as the biggest overachievers

TV Rights
View attachment 182378
We will receive 444K in TV rights for next season

View attachment 1018112
Capital One Cup draw
View attachment 182375
We face a difficult draw of Nottingham Forest away in the first round of the Capital One Cup

Releases
View attachment 182374
I have decided to release Micheal Raynes, Anthony Sweeney and Tom Miller as I don't think there up to the League 1 standard

July 2016 Update
View attachment 181899

New Staff
View attachment 181898
After my second assistant manager quit last year I needed a new one and this name popped up and I had to sign him

New Signing
View attachment 181894
My first signing of the season is a familiar face in Liam Noble, two seasons after he left the blues for Notts a County. He joins a free transfer from Notts County.

Pre-Season Cup
View attachment 181867
I decided to bring back acompetition between the Cumbrian football teams. I decided to invite Barrow AFC, Workington AFC and Penrith Fc. I wanted to invite Whitehaven but they weren't in game for some reason. We drew Penrith Fc in the first round of the Cumberland Cup and Workington would play Barrow.

Cumberland Cup Semi-Final
Carlisle United vs Penrith
View attachment 181882
Penrith managed to hold us to the second half where Joe Thompson and Kevin Osei would put us in the final.

Final Opponents
View attachment 181878
We would meet Barrow AFC in the final

Cumberland Cup Final
Carlisle United vs Barrow AFC
View attachment 181871
We stormed the final putting 4 past Barrow, Rigg, Wyke and Asamoah the scorers. Crowning us as the champions

View attachment 181870

European Cup Winners
View attachment 181866
Germany were crowned the European Championship winners in France with a final win against England

Injury
View attachment 181861
Dan Atkinson is ruled for 3-4 weeks with a groin injury

Loan deal
View attachment 181860
Matty Douglas rejoins Annan on loan

Injury
View attachment 181859
Steven Rigg is ruled out for just under two weeks with a bruised thigh.

Loan deal
View attachment 181855
I loaned in Derby's 20 year old Spanish Striker Valentin to be my second signing

Loan deal
View attachment 181853
Connor Hammell also rejoins Annan on loan

Promotion Chances
View attachment 181852
Bolton were favourites for promotion followed by Birmingham. We rank at 100-1 to be promoted

Friendly
Carlisle United vs Doncaster Rovers
View attachment 181850
Quite a boring game nothing much to report other than we can compete against League 1 opponents.

Loan deal
View attachment 181849
I brought in a second loan deal of Middlesbrough's 20 year old Centre back Johnny Burns

New Signings
View attachment 181848View attachment 181847
I made two more additions to my squad in the shape of Dagenham and Redbridge right back Gavin Hoyte to help the right problems. The second signing was veteran Leroy Lita who I hope would help get some goals

Loan deal
View attachment 181845
My third player rejoins Annan on loan this time it's Dan Atkinson

Friendly
Carlisle United vs Bradford City
View attachment 181844
Bradford would pick up a second half goal against to take a win in this friendly

August 2016 Update​
View attachment 181027
View attachment 181024

Sky Bet League 1 Game 1
Coventry City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 181021
I was determined not lose our first game as League 1 club but we faced a tough away trip to Coventry. Coventry did get better of us going 1-0 up but Jabo Ibehre would get a late 89 minute to steal us a point.

Season Tickets Update
View attachment 181020
We sold 2063 Season Tickets so far this season

View attachment 1019629
Capital One Cup 1st Round
Nottingham Forest vs Carlisle United
View attachment 181019
We faced a another tough away journey this time to Nottingham. I'll be honest I thought we would get smashed by Forest but my team played like their lifes depended on it. We would go behind 3 times only to equalise 3 times through Myles Weston, Leroy Lita and Jabo Ibehre takes us to extra time. I couldn't believe it when in extra time left back Patrick Brough scored to takes us through into next round against bigger opponents.

2nd Round Draw
View attachment 181014
The draw was made just before game and we face another championship side this time Cardiff City and its another away trip.

View attachment 181024
Sky Bet League 1 Game 2
Carlisle United vs Portsmouth
View attachment 181013
Our first home game was against familiar opponents in Portsmouth and we would smash them to take all three points Grainger, Hery and Valentin scoring and a own goal to make it 4-1.

Strange Dealings
View attachment 181012
This popped up PSG for some reason signed Fellaini crazy haha

View attachment 181024
Sky Bet League 1 Game 3
Oldham Athletic vs Carlisle United
View attachment 181011
We shocked everyone yet again when Jason Kennedy late goal would give us 3 points against struggling promotion contenders Oldham

Sky Bet League 1 Game 4
Carlisle United vs Bolton Wanderers
View attachment 181010
Our form continues as we manage to steal a point off newly relegated Bolton Wanderers

View attachment 1019629
Capital One Cup 2nd Round
Cardiff City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 181009
We cause yet another shock in the Cup as we take Cardiff right to a penalty shootout and manage to eliminate them 5-4 on penalties. Are we this years giant killers?

International duty
View attachment 181008
I get my first player on international duty as a Carlisle manager as Justin Hoyte is called up for Trinidad and Tobago Squad.

View attachment 1019629
3rd Round Draw
View attachment 181007
The cup draw wasn't kind again drawing us against Premiership side Bournemouth and yes it's another away game.

View attachment 181024
Sky Bet League 1 Game 5
Carlisle United vs Burton Albion
View attachment 181006
We take 3 points from another struggling team to make us undefeated in the whole of August .

League Table
View attachment 181005
We surprisingly sit in second in the league after 5 games but I believe this form it won't last as play stronger teams like Birmingham but it's nice while it lasts haha

September 2016 Update​
View attachment 180184

Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Second Round
View attachment 180183
We get a decent draw of our League rivals Port Vale and it's yet another away draw

Injury
View attachment 180182
On loan centre back Johnny Burns takes a gash to the head and will miss the Rotherham game

View attachment 180180
Sky Bet League 1 Game 6
Fleetwood Town vs Carlisle United
View attachment 180172
A late goal from Joe Thompson continues our unbeaten run in the league

Unhappy player
View attachment 180179
Rigg wants to leave the club I put him in the reserves

View attachment 180180
Sky Bet League 1 Game 7
Carlisle United vs Rotherham United
View attachment 180181
We played well against Rotherham with Joe Thompson getting an early goal and the smashing 3 goals in the last 15 minutes through Noble, Lita and Thompson again

Sky Bet League 1 Game 8
Colchester United vs Carlisle United
View attachment 180178
We get goalless draw in a game that should of won

Injury
View attachment 180177
Dan Atkinson on loan at Annan fractured his rib and is out for 2 months

View attachment 180180
Sky Bet League 1 Game 9
Carlisle United vs Luton Town
View attachment 180176
We suffer back to back draws due to a late goal from Luton is this start of downward spiral

View attachment 1020552
Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Bournemouth vs Carlisle United
View attachment 180175
In no way did we deserve this game, it was one of the most flukest games I've ever played on football manager. Two mistakes from the Bournemouth defence got the game, second half was all Bournemouth and should of pulled it back. The fourth draw was right before the Bradford City game and we drew yet another premiership side this time it's Hull City once again this season it's away

View attachment 180180
Sky Bet League 1 Game 10
Bradford City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 180174
Three draws in row in league shows that were not invincible

League Table
View attachment 180173
All draws take its toll as we drop from 1st with 3 point gap to 2nd and 3 point behind

October 2016 Update​
View attachment 179476
View attachment 179475

Sky Bet League 1 Game 11
Carlisle United vs Southend United
View attachment 179474
Valentin manages to pull this one back but Johnny Burn is red card slashes our chance of a late winner

Player Banned
View attachment 179471View attachment 179470
Johnny Burn is suspended for one game despite our appeals

View attachment 1021312
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North 2nd Round
View attachment 179469
We take Port Vale all the way to a penalty shootout and prevail. The draw was made for the north quarter final was made away the game and we would face Bolton Wanderers away.
View attachment 179468

View attachment 179475
Sky Bet League 1 Game 12
Walsall vs Carlisle United
View attachment 179467
We record our first lost of the season but I think we done well to last 12 games unbeaten.

Player Banned
View attachment 179466
Gary Dicker is banned for a game

View attachment 179475
Sky Bet League 1 Game 13
Carlisle United vs Birmingham City
View attachment 179464
I don't understand this season we seem perform well against the big teams but mess up against the smaller teams.

Further Suspension
View attachment 179463
The FA decide to hand Gary Dicker to 2 more games suspension I appeal

View attachment 179475
Sky Bet League 1 Game 14
Rochdale vs Carlisle United
View attachment 179461
We suffered our second loss of the season as we are outclassed by Rochdale

Appeal Decision
View attachment 179460
FA decide to reject my appeal and the suspension will stand

Unhappy Player
View attachment 179458
Luke Joyce is unhappy about game time So I agree to give him to.

New Contract
View attachment 179456
The Carlisle Board offers me a new contract and I accept straight away.

View attachment 179475
Sky Bet League 1 Game 15
Carlisle United vs Bury
View attachment 179455
We get the job done early against Bury, goals coming from Noble and Burn.

View attachment 179452
FA Cup 1st Round Draw
View attachment 179451
We would meet either Stockport or Guiseley at home

View attachment 1021333
Capital One Cup 4th Round
Hull City vs Carlisle United
View attachment 179448
Our Giant Killer run comes to end as we suffer 2-0 to Premiership side Hull City

Injury
View attachment 179446
Kevin Osei is ruled out for 3-4 weeks with Groin Strain

FA Cup Draw
View attachment 179443
We find out that we would play Guiseley as they win there replay game

View attachment 179475
Sky Bet League 1 Game 16
Doncaster Rovers vs Carlisle United
View attachment 179441
A Valentin a Hat Trick isn't even enough as we draw 3-3 all against Doncaster Rovers.

League Table
View attachment 179439
The League starting to become strange as Luton Town another newbie who sneaked through the play off final past us to go 2nd. The big clubs aren't performing is becoming clear.

November 2016 Update​
View attachment 179051
Loan Deal
View attachment 179050
I decide to let Patrick Brough join Bristol Rovers for a month in order let him progress

View attachment 179049
FA Cup 1st Round
Carlisle United vs Guiseley
View attachment 179048
We easily roll over Guiseley with a 3-0 win Grainger, Valentin and Wyke were the scorers. The draw was made after the game and we would play at home against Dagenham and Redbridge.
View attachment 179047

View attachment 1021805
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Quarter Final
Bolton Wanderers vs Carlisle United
View attachment 179046
We come from the 1-0 down to comeback to win 2-1 with Noble and Weston getting the late goals. The draw right after the game would see us play Oldham at home
View attachment 179045

View attachment 179041
Sky Bet League 1 Game 17
Carlisle United vs Oxford United
View attachment 179044
Oxford got a good start going 3-0 and we nearly fought back but we could manage 2 goals finishing 3-2.

Injuries and Returns
View attachment 179043View attachment 179042
We get Kevin Osei back but lose Valentin for 6-7 weeks with sprained ankle

View attachment 179041
Sky Bet League 1 Game 18
Carlisle United vs Port Vale
View attachment 179040
Port Vale took a 2-0 lead but we come back win 3-2 with Ibehre, Lita and Osei all scoring.

Sky Bet League 1 Game 19
Carlisle United vs Chesterfield
View attachment 179039
A loss to Chesterfield round a off a month not to remember in the League with 1 win and 2 losses

Agreed Deal
View attachment 179038
I was looking through my reserves squad and realise that my youth prospects weren't brilliant and wanted to Make few a addition. First of which was Aaron Norris wasn't a brilliant signing but I thought I'd train him up and sell him on a small profit

League Table
View attachment 179037
Our poor perform in the league as seen us drop down in the league and we now sit at 7th in the league out of the playoff zone.