Becoming Premier League - A Huddersfield Town story

• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
W

WeArePalace

Hello everyone, if you'd been following my FC Augsburg story, you'll find out that I was sacked in the most bizarre way I've ever known. I was frustrated with that, but look forward to taking on a new journey - this time with Huddersfield Town. Obviously, in real life, they were relegated to the Championship, but here my aim is to get The Terriers to adapt to life in the Premier League and becoming mainstays. This will be quite hard, as there squad is Championship level for me - it certainly will be a test.
attachment.php

I really hope you enjoy this story of me attempting to take Huddersfield up the table and truly become a Premier League level team. Incidentally, I am a massive Crystal Palace fan, however I do have a bit of a soft spot for Huddersfield; they've played some great football even this season at times but just cannot score.
attachment.php

A list of Huddersfield's honours. They've a few trophies to their name, but obviously the biggest trophies haven't yet graced their name. It will be a long journey; we certainly won't be winning anything for a few seasons with the quality in the league; this will be such a hard relegation battle for sure.
My aims are as following:
Season 1 - Avoid Relegation (Desired finish:16th)
Season 2 - Finish Mid-Table (Desired finish: 12th)
Season 3 - Finish Top Half (Desired finish: 8th)
Season 4 - Qualify for Europe (Desired finish: 6th)
Season 5 - Reach the Knockout Stages of a European Competition
Season 6 - Qualify for Champions League (Desired finish: 3rd)
Season 7 - Win the league (Desired finish: 1st)
Season 8 - Win the Champions League

As always, please like and comment on this story; they're always appreciated. Thank you.

attachment.php

Pre-Season has gone well, maybe not in terms of results, but in terms of transfers. We made 6 signings during the window for a combined total of just shy of 30m, although we used some instalments to our advantage to ensure some deals could get across the line. Getting thrashed 3-0 by Basel was really what brought it down, however otherwise we were solid but aside from Real Sociedad we didn't play and major teams.
attachment.php

Our first signing was CDM/CB David Kinsombi, who is a 22 year old from Holstein Kiel, who came in for just 1.7m. He adds a good back-up option who can also start, I'll probably buy another CDM and use Kinsombi as a rotational CB because we don't have much depth in that area.
attachment.php

Next in for just 3m was Matias Vargas, the Argentine CAM who is a top prospect. Unfortunately, however, he has work permit issues so won't play for us for a while. We don't have many CAM's in the team so it'll be a good to have one in the team when he becomes available.
attachment.php

Ollie Watkins arrived for 5.25m from Brentford to start on the LW spot. Another area which needed improvement, as Isaac Mbenza isn't quite there yet. A good piece of business I think, he can develop into a good Premier League player so I'm happy with that.
attachment.php

So our new DM was Ben Pearson, our joint most expensive deal at 7.5m. He is a great pick-up who is already important to us and can only get better as he's only 23. Plenty of experience at Championship level for his age and hopefully he can step up for us.
attachment.php

I wanted a new back-up ST because Laurent Depoitre isn't good at all and Karlan Grant's stats here aren't yet as good as he's doing in real life. So in comes Che Adams, who is on the radar of many Premier League clubs in real life for his great form at the club. He was equal with Ben Pearson as our most expensive deal.
attachment.php

Our final signing was Andre Green from Aston Villa, as the RW area needed back-up as well. He's gone back out on loan to Villa for the season to develop into a good player for us. He came in for 4m.

So, overall, a lot of players in to add squad depth and reliability in those positions as well. LW and CDM have new starters as Jonathan Hogg injured himself for a full year. Aside from Watkins and Pearson, the rest sit nicely on the bench who all have the potential to become future starters for us.

attachment.php

Sacked again!!! This one was a bit fairer but it's fair to say I'm struggling on this years game (Augsburg, Huddersfield, Leicester) or doing insanely well (Schalke, Sassuolo, Western Super Mare). Anyway, I was enjoying it and decided to get through two updates worth of matches. Anyway that was a bad decision.
attachment.php

Here are the results. Do I think was my sacking was warranted? Yes but I think I could've been given a bit more time. Ollie Watkins was our best player and we also had a great Carabao Cup journey making the semi-final.