Becoming Rogério Ceni: A Scoring Goalkeeper Story

Glauber Daniel called up for World Cup, together with Juventude star strikers Icaro Dresch and Edgar Machado (Fredinho eventually missed the cut).

View attachment 140079

It wasn't a great tournament for Brazil as they were knocked out in second round (against Portugal), exactly like Alberto Rossini's Chile. Glauber didn't play a single game in the World Cup, which is disappointing as he got to miss two league matches just to warm Brazil's bench... of course we had two penalties in those games.

View attachment 140078

As a result Brazil manager was fired, while Rossini resigned from Chile. You know where this is going...

View attachment 140077

Brazil were happy to offer me the job, which I gladly accepted. Didn't really want any serious commitment with national teams in this save (managed Brazil U23 at the Olympics, then Mexico and Chile for a couple of tournaments), and didn't really expect Glauber to be involved with the NT so early in his career. Then again if he has to miss games for the club due to international duty, at least now he's going to have the chance to score at international level...

Last edited:
Awesome story so far, nice to see you get the Brazil job. I think we can guess who will be your number 1 keeper for Brazil now!

Awesome story so far, nice to see you get the Brazil job. I think we can guess who will be your number 1 keeper for Brazil now!

thanks mate, yeah going for José Luis Chilavert's record of international goals for a keeper: 8!

Glauber Daniel was again selected for Copa Libertadores Dream Team as Juventude won the tournament once again.

CRojj0O.png

4 goals in 14 matches, a good tally considering the level of competition. Credit to Glauber's teammates winning penalties at impressive rate - unfortunately Glauber has missed quite a few PK's this season... Not cool!​

And the Winner is... Glauber Daniel!

Glauber Daniel winning any possible award you could imagine as Juventude enjoy another extremely successful season in 2022:

View attachment 139527 View attachment 139526

Série A team of the Year and Goalkeeper of the Year, with 4 goals scored, 15 goals conceded and 22 clean sheets in 36 appearances for Papada. Plus:

View attachment 139525 View attachment 139524

South America Team of the Year and Brazilian Cup Best Goalkeeper, as Glauber dedicates the award to his manager and mentor Alberto Rossini. Needless to say Juventude won all these competitions as well.

And wait there's more...

Last edited:
Glauber Daniel doesn't get on the score sheet but records 3 assists (two indirect free kicks and a long pass from open play) in a thriller Club World Cup final against Atletico Madrid:

fGsLFKf.png

Glauber surprisingly led CWC in assists, while legendary striker Icaro Dresch was Top Scorer and Best Player with 6 goals (two hat tricks in two matches).

aAChrum.png

For the record, Dresch is now officially my second favourite regen in the history of FM.​

Glauber Daniel: Year 2022

End of season update as Glauber Daniel and Juventude complete a very successful 2022 year.

MEnaOZp.png

15 goals in 79 appearances for Glauber (13 penalties and 2 free kicks), a decent tally though down from last year's 17. Glauber actually had a sub-par season as a penalty taker, converting only 13/20 of his penalties (14/16 last year).

GXDBk86.png

Hopefully this was just a bad year for Glauber, I really need him to be more clinical from the spot considering that goals from free kicks seem to be pretty rare for anyone in FM16. He finally managed to reach an attribute of 15 for FK's though, so he's now trying to learn the 'Hits free kicks with power' PPM, hopefully this will help a bit.

All time stats:

LC6y2Y9.png

35 goals in 177 appearances (29 penalties and 6 free kicks), a good result after all for a 20 years old keeper!​

News from Glauber Daniel:

i0mAMXq.png

Glauber put in some extra work in training and has now mastered the art of taking free kicks with power. Hopefully this will help him scoring more FK goals, and the results have been encouraging:

View attachment 138847 View attachment 138846

Glauber scored two goals from direct free kicks in the Gaucho State league, of course against rubbish teams but when you consider his career high is 3 goals from FK in a season this is indeed promising. I think this style suits him better, with above average attributes of strength, kicking and free kicks I think it makes sense for Glauber to use power rather than finesse. We'll see...​

Last edited:
Glauber Daniel: Cracking the Top 5

After a good start in 2023 Glauber Daniel scores his 42nd career goal (in 193 apps) to surpass colombian legend René Higuita and become 5th top scoring goalkeeper in history:

GIadyo1.jpg

Glauber is now tied at 4th place with Dimitar Ivankov (also 42), with Jorge Campos at third place with 46 also very close. Rogério and his 131 goals are still pretty far though...

UVq0PKg.png

Wow never seen a goalkeeper score on fm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whooaa.. This thread inspire me to do the same with my guernsey save. Good luck mate!!

Great start of 2023 for Glauber Daniel as Juventude won yet another Gaucho State title:

w2d0zOT.png

Team of the Year of course, with a career best 10 goals in 17 matches (8 penalties and 2 free kicks) - unlike last season he has been perfect from the spot so far. This is also the first time that Glauber reaches double figures in a single competition, so I'm particularly proud of him!​

More achievements for Glauber Daniel as the young keeper experiences international success for the first time in his career:

View attachment 137963 View attachment 137962

Copa America Best Goalkeeper and Dream Team selection for Glauber as Alberto Rossini's Brazil won Copa America thanks to a ridiculously easy schedule - beat Mexico and USA 'B' teams and never had to face Argentina in the whole tournament. Sadly no goals scored for Glauber, who also missed a penalty and the chance for his first international goal, while fellow Juventude wonderkid Edgar Machado won Top Scorer and best Player awards.

Guess what, another Copa Libertadores Dream Team selection for Glauber Daniel as Juventude won the competition for the 5th - or was it 6th? - consecutive time:

OkBqJFx.png

3 goals in 13 apps, not bad and actually Glauber is enjoying his best goal scoring season ever with the club despite missing a few games on international duty. The new PPM is really helping him with free kicks, it's a joy to see Glauber blasting those powerful shots and he's already broken his record for FK goals in a season - currently at 5.

Glauber has recently scored his 50th career goal (in 218 matches) and is now 3rd only behind Rogério Ceni and José Luis Chilavert in the goal scoring goalkeeper charts.

D5ShjLC.png

Another exhausting season coming to an end for Glauber Daniel, Juventude and Brazil. Glauber once again won every possible trophy and individual accolade in a dominating season for both the club and the national team. In order of time: Gaucho State championship, Recopa Sudamericana, Copa America (NT), Copa Libertadores, Série A, Copa do Brasil and Club World Championship. Add various Best Goalkeeper awards and Dream Team selections for Glauber in most of these competitions.

It's getting a tad easy and repetitive at this point, this had to be the fourth consecutive Sextuple for Juventude. This is how we obliterated Manchester City in CWC final:

TKlJ2kS.png

Could and should have been more embarrassing for City without a monstre performance of their keeper Rulli, or if legendary striker Edgar Machado hadn't wasted multiple clean chances... Can't really blame Edgar for an off game though, he did have a decent season after all...

GQlQdjx.png

Yeah, he's that good. I mean Alessandro Paolone good (no disrespect). Next: more on Glauber and his goals.

Last edited: