Becoming the best team with a league one team?

tjallen900

Reaction score
I am an avid Colchester fan and can always get to the Premier League from League 1 in 3 seasons but I was just wondering what I have to do to become the best team on the game. I have played it for 9 years before and best I finished was 3rd. Regardless of winning Uefa Cup getting to the FA Cup final and finishing 3rd I still only get enough to bring in 1 or 2 top players a season.

Am I missing something? I try and invest in good young players and train them up but struggle to keep them there because of giant teams bidding for them and them becoming unhappy. Is there any tips someone can give me for achieving such an aim of making a league one team the best on the game or do I just have to keep plugging away for many years until I finally get the resources?

Try the "Porto style", young players, very good players and sell them and then buy some good players, not very good and then continue... In 2 - 3 years you will have money, team and a bright future.

Or get a lot of free transfers with bosman and then use them and sell after 1-2 years

I did it with York city from Blue Square Premier so it is possible!
Really it takes a fair bit of luck, with transfers, and sound financial control - try to make a regular profit.

Also it takes some sheer ****** mindedness in rejecting advances for key players, unless they pay far far over the price, so you can buy suitable or better alternatives