Beginners guide to Editing

Alright guys, I can't find the Data Editor and I downloaded with Steam. I've looked in my Program Files and its not there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Never mind, found it eventually!

Last edited:
When you save the changes where does the file save too? I have made a boo boo and need to delete and start again. Thanx for the instructions mate.

Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > db > (your database)
If you want to delete the database, just delete that folder.

I'm having a problem with my editing, a friend and I are seeing who can win the champions league with Fisher first my making them a superteam. I set the teams balance to a ridiculously high amount, do the same with the transfer and wage budget, but when I play the game I've only got about 3k for wages. Anyone tell me how to sort this?

Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009 > db > (your database)
If you want to delete the database, just delete that folder.

I'm having a problem with my editing, a friend and I are seeing who can win the champions league with Fisher first my making them a superteam. I set the teams balance to a ridiculously high amount, do the same with the transfer and wage budget, but when I play the game I've only got about 3k for wages. Anyone tell me how to sort this?

it'll have something to do with the team reputation, so if you want to make the team have loads of money like they have just been bought out by an Arab oil consortium, yet still have the same reputation, download a realtime editor and change the budgets with that, whilst keeping the reputation the same.

I am a steam user and I cant find the editor anywere. Please help, thanks

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

No other steam users who have the editor then?

Computer > C:D: Drive > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Football Manager 2009 > Tools > Data Editor > Data Editor

I had some problems finding it aswell but I got there.

I've made my own database and saved it under a different name, but when I go to start a new game, the only available database's are the updates (9.0.3 etc. etc.). Any idea where i've gone wrong?
Thanks in advance

Same problem

Hello guy i need some help i created my own team i want to start a new game i choose the database as the one i saved my team now i try to select England league but is not showing its showing all nations but not England help please

Ive got the same problem and I have swaped my team with an team in the swedish league (Im swedish). And I cant find sweden in the pick 3 nations.

please help me

same problem as above!!!

i made my own team using fm editor09

...and i added them into a league in england (coca-cola league 2).

I moved 1 team out of the league and edited them so now they r in albania or something. i thought that would fix it because now the amount of teams in the league is back to normal again.

but wen i go to new game, i select my database, but then i cant choose to manage a club in england.

why is it not letting me play as my own team???

thanks

You need to SWAP your team with a team already in the league you cant add them in this is how yours isnt working.

I moved Man Utd into a different league...but now it says they're not in champions league :(
How do i re-enter them in...because i ticked the box and put champo league in...but wen i loaded the game, champo league wasnt on the list of leagues/cups

is dere any way u can edit the game wit out starting a new game??

Problems with attributes

I must be doing something wrong but can't work out what it is. I have been able to make some changes using the editor - moving players into the team, changing finances, staff etc - but I can't seem to save changed attributes. I have set the CA and PA to 200 (occasionally setting CA just below so there's a little room for improvement) and then changed a couple of attributes to 20 as a test. When I start a new game the other changes (finances etc) have been modified, but the player attributes always revert to the original settings. What am I missing?

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

is dere any way u can edit the game wit out starting a new game??

As far as I can tell you can only make edits before starting a game. One of the other in-game editors on this site might be what you're looking for (provided you're using a PC, not a Mac).

for some reason i dont have it never had it for 08 too :(

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

can someone tell me how i tranferr a player on FM Real Time Editor v2.0.0311 ie kaka and ronaldo to real
cheers

On the Real Time Editor you can only edit transfers already arranged.

Can anyone tell me how to upload

HELP Please

The Data Editor provided with FM09 allows for the manipulation of the game database, which is the life and soul of the game. It is a simple enough tool to use and can change almost (note almost) anything within the game.

The most common manipulations are:
Clubs
Players
Leagues
Stadiums
There are countless other things that can be changed, but these are the main ones. Therefore these are what I will cover in a brief tutorial. They are easily done and once the concept has been grasped it should then be possible for user to change other data on their own.

Starting the Data Editor
The Editor can be found in Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Tools/Data Editor. Another way of finding the tool is to go to the Start Menu/All Programs/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/Tools/Data Editor.
Fig1.jpg

For Steam users, I've heard its here...
C: Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Football Manager/Tools/Data Editor

Using Editor
So you now have the Editor running. To begin editing you first need to load your database. This is achieved by selecting File along the tool bar and then Load Database. You should have a choice of Default and you’re Updates
Fig2.jpg

Clubs
To edit a club first choose Clubs under the Search tile in the left hand window of the editor. Then proceed to type the name of the club you wish to search for in the Text Field next to the Filter button. Then press return. For example I have searched for Nikao.
Fig3.jpg

Double click to go to the club editing screen. For example I want to change how much money the club has; I want them to have 40Million, I would go to Finances and then change the Balance to 40,000,000.
Fig4.jpg

To put players into the selected team go to Staff and Players---Players---Add---then enter the name of the player you want. Highlight, then OK.
fig6.jpg

Players
Go back to Search (you can do this by clicking Search in the recent items field and then click on People, write the name of the player you want to edit into the Text Field. Similar to how you did in Fig 3. Lets say you searched for Wayne Rooney.
fig7.jpg

Double click on him. Now comes the question of what you want to do with him. Maybe you want him to be the finest footballer in the world... easy. Edit his CA (current ability, how good he is now) and PA (potential ability, how good he could become).
fig7.jpg

There are many other things that can be changed if you look about, by going on attributes 1 or 2 you can change his specific skills, bear in mind that he cant have 20’s for everything even a CA of 200 will not allow that, you can set everything to 20 but the game will reconfigure his stats to best fit when the game starts.

Leagues
As you by now should be getting the gist of how this works I’ll go through things a little quicker.
You may wish to put your local team into the Leagues so you can play them, no problems. Here’s how to do it. Search---Competitions---(enter the league you want)---Select the team you want to swap with. You do this the same was as adding a player; by searching for them but highlight a team to swap with first. As the team that you have entered will most likely have a poor reputation (and reputation affects who you can sign amongst other things) you may want to edit the reputation of the club. You can do that on the details page of the Club, I recommend you change it to the same as the team you swapped with, this makes it fair. For seeding purposes in cup competitions, it is also advisable to swap the "last position" of the 2 teams around. This should stop you having to wait for a year to be entered into some cups and will enter your Reserve and U18's into their respective leagues.
Fig9.jpg

Stadiums
You may wish to edit, but most likely you will want to create a new one, I will explain how to edit one, then it will be easy to use that knowledge to create one if you wish. Click on the Stadium option of the club menu, this will bring up the club menu of the stadium. From here you can change the youth and training facilities, academy, ticket prices and attendances, it’s all self explanatory.
Fig10.jpg

If you select the underlined name of the stadium you can change the ground itself. Note your stadium doesn’t have to be in the same country as you play i.e. Cardiff is in Wales, this means your youth regens will come from Wales. If you placed Old Trafford in Moscow, Man Utd would get Russian regens. From here you can change the capacity of the stadium and also the expansion capacity too.
Fig11.jpg

If you wish to create a Club, Player or Stadium. Click Edit on the toolbar and scroll down to what you want to create, if you’ve read the above you should have no worries creating whatever you want.

When you save your DataBase... dont save it as default or your updates, otherwise you'll have to reinstall to get back to normal. Save as something else.

Whenever I create a new database I seem to be unable to select it when starting a new game can someone help me as this is driving me nuts!!