MagicWithin

Reaction score
*TITLE CHANGE TO 'Roberto's Legacy'

View attachment 981005

Breaking News: Alex Neil out Roberto Di Matteo in!

The news has shocked the football world as most people think they've been playing excellent football but according to the Norwich board, they weren't getting the football results needed to keep them in the premier league. Having only joined Norwich in January and propelled them into the playoffs and eventually winning the play off final against Middlesbrough. However, Neil was always going to leave his post after the Norwich game regardless of the result.

Alex Neil-: "I would like to thank Norwich City for this wonderful opportunity and I am glad that I managed to bring joy to these fans after getting relegated the season before. I want to carry on managing and feel like the experiences here will help me become a better manager. I wish Norwich City the best."

View attachment 212965

The suprising announcement of Roberto Di Matteo has got the Norwich fan base rocking as the board show ambition to progress and eventually challenge the top 4. Roberto Di Matteo, winning the Champions & Europa league in 2012 & 2013 has been without a club since leaving Schalke in may of 2015.

Roberto Di Matteo-: "I am very happy to join Norwich City, they are a good club with passionate fans who want to win, I want to play good football and also get great results. I hope to lead Norwich onto great things and eventually leaving my own legacy!"

Sorry my FC United of Manchester save got corrupted and didnt have any backups and did a whole season... So i didnt want to redo the whole season again... I was annoyed lets just put it that way & I know now to keep backups :p

Last edited:
Transfer Dealings:

• [*=center]1 Non-Eu player (21+) per season (Inc Free transfers)
-​

• [*=center]2 Non-British EU Players (21+) per season (Inc Free transfers)
-​

• [*=center]3 British (21+) players per season (Inc Free Transfers)
-​

• [*=center]Unlimited under 21 Transfers
-​

• [*=center]Max of £7.5m on one player
-​

• [*=center]Must not pay excessive Signing on fees (1m Max!)
-​

• [*=center]Develop Youth through our own Academy as first option before Transfer market.
-​

• [*=center]Max of 7 players bought (Fee involved)
Since the full game has been released now I want a challenge as if I just play the game normally, I get bored after 1-2 years and with the rules, hopefully they'll make me scout for the right players and keep the enjoyment.

View attachment 981422

Breaking News: 4 In 4 Out at Norwich

Norwich city have completed the signings of Daniel Ayala, Louis Reed, Brendan Galloway and Ruben Loftus-Cheek. It is rumoured that the combined fee is in the region £20m. Whilst there are incomings, they have also shipped out Gary O'Neil, Sebastian Bassong, Ryan Bennett and Kyle Laffety for a combined fee of £4m.

View attachment 212794
Daniel Ayala, coming back for a third spell at the club says he can't wait to get started as he feels as he has matured not only a player but as a person as well. Having only made 7 appearances for the club, he is wanting to prove himself that he is premier league quality.

View attachment 212788
The highly rated central mid was signed for around £3m became a first team regular at the age of only 18 years of age. However, it's likely he is going to be seeing first time football away from Carrow Road for his first year according to sky sources.

View attachment 212786
Having only joined Everton last season, the highly rated left back has already left Everton to join Norwich on permanent has been promised to be getting first team football which really interested him joining Norwich.

View attachment 212779
Highly rated in England, has got the potential to become a great player in the future. He made his debut last year but didn't set the world on fire. However, he is determined to prove that he is capable to be premier league quality at such a young age.

View attachment 212615

Before I get into this update I may warn you I may be at a new club...

Preseason:

View attachment 212614Good Preseason, only dissappointing result is the Trnava game but even in that I just played youngsters. The first game was disappointing but at least it gives me an insight on the youngsters and on who I should be looking out for in the few years. Rest of the games were trying different formations and tactics and by the end of preseason I thought I had the right tactic.

August - Start of Season

View attachment 212613
Mixed start to the season... I Just realised I cropped out the Crystal Palace game but we won 3-2 so it's all good... MY BAD.... Bourmouth game, we scored 2 late goals and I MEAN LATE LIKE 90+1&2 MINUTE LATE... Watford, we were dismal but the early sending off didn't help it so I fined Brady. Yet again, we were dismal and by the end of this game I knew we had to tweak our tactic and then the Southampton game.... OH DEAR... our defending in the game was S**T.

September - Start of Turmoil

View attachment 212612
The leicester game though... We are going from worse to worse... We literally couldn't defend and for the last few weeks training has only been defending... The Man City games... I can't blame the lads, City are one of the toughest teams to play against... especially at the empti... Wait that not the name? oh its Etihad. Lol. West Brom game... We finally got our act together after 'Several' loses...

October - Mood Lifting?

View attachment 212611
View attachment 212610
On the brighter side of the note we will (hopefully) be getting better youth intakes now.. That's if I am still around though....

View attachment 212609
Aye, Guess who's back to give the fans a bit of entertainment ;) since we are in a massive slump...
View attachment 212607

FFS..... GUESS WHO'S ABOUT TO BE SACKED!! WELL NOT TODAY AS I CONVINCED THEM TO LET ME TRY AND WIN AGAINST SUNDERLAND!

View attachment 212608

OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR! WE LOST 4-0 TO SUNDERLAND! GUESS WHO'S GETTING SACKED NAH NAH NAH NAH GUESS WHO IS GETTING SACKED NAH NAH NAH NAH ME (HOPEFULLY NOT)

ANOTHER UPDATE SOON... NEED TO SEE IF I GET SACKED OR NOT

Sacked, Resign or Stay? Which one?

View attachment 212605
Well they forced me to resign.... Oh well... The board and players were against me from the very beginning... I had a player literally complain to me every week and when i did play them, They were awful and then i didn't play them they got the squad against me.. It was unmanageable.

View attachment 212602
Job hunting time... This should be fun.. Preferably I would want to still manage in the Premier League. So the hunt for a job begins.

View attachment 983001
Breaking News: Roberto Di Matteo signs a 3 year deal with the Hammers

Sky sources understand Di matteo is on rougly £15,000 per week for 3 years. Di Matteo, recently resigned - due to bad harmony in the squad - from Norwich was eager to get back into management after a 'Disappointing time with Norwich board and supporters'. Having stated in recent times 'I have learnt from my experiences, when I get into my next job I will make sure the board, players and supporters are happy with me. Will the mean change in Di Matteo managerial style.

The West Ham board officially made the announcement at 6pm on the 14th of January. They are willing to back Di Matteo from the very beginning till the very end, however they're entitled to deplete or increase the transfer and wage budget dependent on the financial front. They have also expressed their delight of being able to move in to the 'Olympic Stadium' which currently holds around 55,000 people.

View attachment 212136
Roberto Di Matteo
-: "I am delighted to become the next West Ham manager. I had always admired them as a constant and stable team but they have shown more ambition and desire to have success in the last year or two. I feel like the board and I share similar desires and ambitions. However, at the current state of the team - I will have to win games in any style. Even if I have to play the dirty way."

Did West Ham offer you a job or did you just create a new manager?

Shame it did not work out at Norwich, was looking forward to seeing how you'd get on.

Did West Ham offer you a job or did you just create a new manager?

Shame it did not work out at Norwich, was looking forward to seeing how you'd get on.
They offered me the job after I applied. I'm glad I'm not managing them as atleast 1 player a week was moaning at me which just got very annoying and with barely winning games.. It doesn't make it fun

View attachment 212080

View attachment 212014
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rest of January - Start of something special?

View attachment 212013
Really can't fault the lads. Liverpool were given a controversial penalty which annoyed me but its football you get some and you don't. We defended well and as a unit. In doing so it allowed us to try and be creative.

View attachment 212001
Nice revenge on effectively on the team that got me sacked. Sakho's goal was quality this game, causing runs, tracking back. The defence didn't know where he was most of the game! A quality finish from Sakho in the 37th minute set us up for 1-0. Zarate came on during the second half and he impressed me too by scoring a brace.

View attachment 211996
Frustrating game attacking wise but defensively we were sound solid. They never really caused us worry except for a couple of times this game. However, going forward we couldn't find that one pass in the final third to create the opening. To be fair 0-0 against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park is a good result as they have plenty of entertaining players at their disposal.

View attachment 211992
Good result. Got quite nervy when they scored but good to progress in FA Cup and again Zarate is killing it in the Trequista (however you spell it) role as his movement since I have came in has been excellent. I was just happy to get the confidence flowing throughout the group.

View attachment 211984
Good month. I wasn't the manager for the Sunderland and Newcastle but since I came in we looked solid at the back. We could be more prolific in front of the goal though but I'm not to fussed as long as we win the game.

Other News:

View attachment 211976
Didn't know this was a thing in FM but I felt angry over the decision that my emotions took over.

View attachment 211973
Quality signing for £1.1m but the fans think its bad??? It's not like we're rivals with United anyways. He'll be our only signing so no point in like a transfer story and he'll be first choice ahead of Adrian.

Player of the Season:

View attachment 211972
Marou Zarate
-: Scored 3 in 4 goals whilst I have been in charge. Will get more starting game time since he's impressed me so much

View attachment 211394
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

February - Continuing our redemption?

View attachment 211392
Quite a nervy game. Luckily Valdes was between the sticks as he managed to keep out some very good efforts from Callum Wilson and Matt Richie. Luckily for us we managed to get a dubious penalty given away by Glenn Murray and Aaron Cresswell managed to tuck away the penalty nicely.

[Insert Watford screenshot but forgot to screenshot]

We won 2-0 and Mauro Zarate and Dimitri Payet scored the two goals. Defesively we never looked like conceding but we only had 5 shots on target for the whole game so both teams were set up to counter each other and this produced a fairly boring game which we managed to eventually scrape.

View attachment 211381
Frustrating game... Kouyate's red card changed the complex of the game. We managed to score through Lanzini and we tried to shut up shot so early on as I knew Southampton would keep pressing and try and capitalize on our mistakes - which we made none. However, when we got the red card through a reckless and unneeded tackle, defensively we were shaky and that was shown through a late Mane equalizer.

View attachment 211376
Unlucky performance but attacking wise we were not creative but defensively we managed to keep Everton at bay by making them shoot at long range but for a couple of times of lack of concentration, they scored. I couldn't be too harsh on them as they gave it their all against a very good Everton side.

View attachment 211371
A very even game but luckily for we were more clinical in front of goal, so on another day Leicester could have easily drew or even win the game. Valdes has been impressive since joining and today was no exception. He managed to turn around a Jamie Vardy strike which looked like a certain goal. But no it was Valdes to the rescue, he felt like he was turning back the years.

View attachment 211366
A very good month, we were unlucky against southampton but the lads were looking very good in my full month of charge at 'The Hammers'.

Player of the month:

View attachment 984877
Victor Valdes-: Had a very solid month, managed to win us points and steer us out of the relegation zone and overall he has already earn't his £1.1m price tag

View attachment 210565

Massive Review for the end of season

View attachment 210564
View attachment 210563
View attachment 210562
Good solid results in March. Firstly, in the city game, set up defensively from the very beginning so a 0-0 draw against them was excellent. The next game, 3-0 against Tottenham was our result of the season against one of our rivals. Finally, the 2-0 victory over Sunderland was a bog standard should beat this team victory.

View attachment 210561
View attachment 210560
Nick Higgins looks phenomenal and he could end up being a world class player in the future. His crossing and determination are the stand out stats on him. Les Fowler, he was the second and final decent player from the youth intake. No particular stand out stats other than determination. In my opinion a successful youth intake.

View attachment 210559
View attachment 210558
View attachment 210557
A solid and stable month for April. Not many goals scored but not many conceded either. The 1-1 against Everton was particularly pleasing as everyone knows, they've got a well rounded team. However, I was slightly disappointed against Stoke but we didn't manage to do it on a cold night in stoke (even though it was day) :( 1-0 against swansea was a standard win which could have gone either way and luckily for us we managed to scrape the result.

View attachment 210556
View attachment 210555
View attachment 210554
May was a solid month against some very good sides. The 2-2 against Manchester United and the 0-0 against Chelsea were very pleasing and in doing so we set up defensively from the very start for both games. However, the 0-0 against the relegated Aston Villa was poor but we couldn't have finished higher or lower than 12th so I wasn't to fussed.

View attachment 210552
View attachment 210550
Solid season from January on wards. Defensively we were solid from there on but attacking wise we may need to get another striker...Sorry for transfers coming up as I forgot about the rules as I played FM for like 7 hours straight and I covered from March-September so I've missed screenshots

Sorry about lack of screenshots for the upcoming reviews!

View attachment 987327
Breaking news: West Ham have completed 5 signings just today!

West Ham have just confirmed on their website that they have completed the signings of Christian Benteke from Liverpool, Yannick Ferreira Carrasco from Atletico Madrid, Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Borussia Dortmund, Nikola Vlasic for Hajduk and Martin Montoya. Having all these signings joined for a combined fee of £38.5M and most it paying off over 48 months, on and off the field the future looks bright for the hammers.

These signings have added the extra quality to the team needed to 'The Hammers' in order to qualify for the Europa or even the Champions league! Having only just moved into the Olympic Stadium this summer. The new signings add extra excitement for the fans of West Ham. Will qualification for the champions league be happening soon? Will it even become a possibility?

View attachment 209702
Christian Benteke.
Having found game time limited at Liverpool he is glad he found a way out to get regular first team football after missing out on the 2016 Euros. With Assurances from Roberto Di Matteo he is going to get plenty of game time and Mauro Zarate leaving West Ham, it appears to be Benteke he will be the No9.

Christian Benteke-: "I am glad to be at West Ham. It's a very exciting time to be a fan and a player as we have progressed to a team now capable to challenge for Europe and I want to bring that to the West Ham Faithful."

View attachment 209700
Injury torrid time for Carrasco at Atletico and when fit, didn't really force himself into the first team. Fortunately for him he managed to just get into the Euro 2016 squad and did fairly well for them, managing to grab 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 games before getting knocked out by France.

View attachment 209692
Didn't do to well at Inter. Managing to pick up a former Barcelona graduate is something you can't say no to even if he didn't to well. However, for only £5m it is worth a gamble. Was a regular under Roberto Mancini as he was the only first team quality RB at that but was shipped out at the end of the season.

View attachment 209691
Quality CB but Sokratis' surname is something of a challenge... I'm gonna call him Sokratis. Did well at Dortmund so was a suprise to see him listed for transfer. I would say this is quite a coup considering we aren't in europe. With these signings we will be challenging for europe soon.

View attachment 209690
Quality youngster, watched him for 6 months when I got to West Ham and he averaged a 7.46 or something around there for Hajduk so he was someone who could take our team to the next level in a couple of years and can already play for the first team!

Overall I am pleased with my transfer dealings and hopefully can challenge higher up in the league.

Sorry for the overspending on transfers - I forgot about the rules and will stick to them now on.