Being a 'proper' manager

DannyV

Reaction score
Has anyone every played as a 'proper' manager ? and if so, what was your career like ?

On 07 i started as Southend and after 2 seasons i applied for the Tottenham job and got it, then after winning the league with them i accepted the Man Utd job.

It's the only time i have ever bothered to play it that way.

I am currently Blyth manager and am waiting for a big job offer to come up. I have slowly bt surely got them to FL 1, after years of play offs etc.
PLEASE NUFC get me:p:p

i think hes means tht u start off as a small club and try and get linked with a big club and accept the job then try and build ur career tht way for example bein blyth then goin 2 sumwhere like bury then sheffield united and so on

oh ok yeah, no def the way to go

always fun playing with Man Utd for the 1st couple of seasons when u 1st get the game, after that becomes boring!

07 -08 etc played with sheffield etc but stayed with the club, made them into european force!

started with udinese in afterwards, next will probably play with leeds or norwich or something. good on you mate!

i dont like the cheaters and game alterers :p (i just made up that word yes)

maybe should have called it a 'proper career' then :p

Always have a 'proper career' been one of the old school players (original CM days) no cheating, no editing the game, just load up the game and off I go. Me and Kris currently doing a similar thing online, sofar on my career on our net game i've managed QPR, Newcastle and now at Norwich.

Doin' "practice" in Serbian League with Red Star.. On 08 I've play Serbian league 7 season, after that I take Ajax :D

aye :p I'm good in lower leagues whereas struggled at Newcastle (injury prone team) Hows the Man U job coming on?

Yeah. I've gone from Accrington where I only spent one season (got beat in play-off final) to Wycombe who offered me a job after being took over. Come 2nd in league 2. The next season I again lost in a play-off final! The next season with them I won the league. Then I got a job offer from Greece which I rejected. Then about 6 games into the Premier League season (approximately ten games into the championship) I got offered a job by West Ham United. I was going to reject and challenge myself to getting Wycombe into the premier league however I saw that West Ham were 19th in the league with just 3 points in 6 games. I decided to accept for a challenge. I bought an old but on form Carew from Olympiacos, Millan from Colo Colo, Jay Spearing who was a free agent (released by Liverpool), Matty Bates from my Wycombe team and Greg Halford from my Wycombe team. I did stay up an was 14th in the league 36 games in but lost my last two which led me to finish 17th four points clear of the relegation zone. I'm now in my 6th season and am 9th in the league with West Ham after 18 games. Pat Rice went to Wycombe and got them into the Premier League, now they're 20th with just ten points! My challenge now is to try an get into Europe and hopefully next season to win the league!

How can you possibly struggle with Newcastle! Omg, why does everyone say its hard with Newcastle, they are probably one of the easiest teams to win with. Besides when you say a "proper" manager i would say i do that (check my stats below) .... i've not had a better offer since i have gotten Newcastle to be the best team in the world.

As I said I struggled due to injuries, when you only got Ameobi as your fit striker you can't score many! Impressive record like, I've just won the Brazilian League with Sao Paulo, was quite a challenge seeing the brazilian clubs tend to have tons of players to pick! :|

harrogate town 15th at the minute lots o injurys and 1 or 2 of my players are absent cos they are studying has any1 ever come across this before

Honestly... no, but with Harrogate a semi-pro team I can imagine it happening

harrogate town 15th at the minute lots o injurys and 1 or 2 of my players are absent cos they are studying has any1 ever come across this before

No. In my 3rd season with Fleetwood Town (still in the bottom division) who are also semi-pro and never had players going off studying. Your players must be cleverer than mine!

As I said I struggled due to injuries, when you only got Ameobi as your fit striker you can't score many! Impressive record like, I've just won the Brazilian League with Sao Paulo, was quite a challenge seeing the brazilian clubs tend to have tons of players to pick! :|

First of all why did you even have Ameobi? He should of been the first one out the door, get rid of all the **** like him and edgar and bring in the likes of Keirrison and Sanchez, then you end up winning, but thanks! lol

I took over in October, they let Owen go to Wigan of all teams on a free so only had the injured Xisco and Carroll, eventually stepped down and went to Norwich, looking at the boss who took over, he's not doing that wel either, he got them 2nd bottom, lol

View attachment 3235

see tom beattie studying till end o yr o yes and i left harrogate as i applied for the wednesday job and the board advised me to resign rather than be sacked so i did

Last edited:
ive had a player be 'unavailable to play due to personal reasons' before, but never thanks to studying. hes called lukman haruna and pretty sure he starts the game as unavailable. dont know about latest patch 9.3.0 though.