Reaction score
Being: Brendan Rodgers
images

"Welcome to Anfield, Mr Rodgers." Thomas Werner's thick American accent meeting me as I came through the door.

"Pleasure to be here, sir." I responded, extending my right hand.

"Come on through to my office, we need to discuss terms and what you would and could bring to the club." I followed him into a well-lit well sized room, he sat at one end of his large desk and asked me to sit opposite him.

"The directors and I do see you as the perfect candidate for this club so we would like to get these negotiations over with as quick as possible" I was more than happy with how the talks began!

"Of course, I feel as a manager coming here from Swansea is a massive step for me as a manager! What would you be offering?" I tried to keep the massive grin of my face! This was massive.

"A one year contract - that WILL be renewed if expectations are met - on around £22,500 a week?" I was a bit taken back by only being offered a one year deal, but I quickly accepted, he went on to say playing in Europe next season was the aim and if that was met I'd have the contract renewed. They released it to the public that night that I was the man to take over after the legend, Kenny Dalglish. I was to meet the media officially the following day at 3!

-----------------

The Press Conference

Thomas Werner: Brendan Rodgers is ready for questions, we'll take a few and then go down to the pitch for photo's

BBC Sport: First of all, Brendan, congratulations on being hired as Liverpool manager, but how does it feel to come to the Reds and leave the Swans?

"Thanks, and I had to come here, I couldn't turn down the chance to join one of the biggest clubs in Europe! I am upset to leave Swansea but I am incredibly delighted to be hired here at Liverpool."

Sky Sports: After having Swansea play brilliant football, will you try the same at Liverpool?

"I like my teams play that way, so yes I will try have them play a nice passing style."

Eurosport: What is the clubs aims for this season?

"Getting into Europe, but we can aim for the skies! If the players believe we can get anywhere. We have the quality!"

LFC TV: Can you give us any hints on who you may aim for in the current transfer window?

"Not given it to much thought, although I can tell you that we have approached Ronaldinho with a contract, that being all I can say"

Daily Mail: Also, what can we expect in the Europa League from Liverpool?

"Well, we should be reaching the latter stages, we'll see how it goes though"

Thomas Werner: That shall be all, Brendan Rodgers shall be available in a few minutes pitchside for photographs

images

Who'd want to be Brendan Rodgers? I'm sure Brendan Rodgers doesn't want to be Brendan Rodgers. Lol, I'm kidding. But on topic, I'll probably follow your progress. I enjoy reading these stories. Good luck.

Who'd want to be Brendan Rodgers? I'm sure Brendan Rodgers doesn't want to be Brendan Rodgers. Lol, I'm kidding. But on topic, I'll probably follow your progress. I enjoy reading these stories. Good luck.

Cheers! Personally, I dislike him also. He seems far to arrogant for my liking but felt like going as Liverpool and would try get a good story outta it.

It would have been 'Being: Liverpool' like the show they have on Five but tweaked it for BR.

Last edited:
I'm loving the irony of your username and the fact you're managing Liverpool.. for this reason, I am following. lol

Approached Ronaldinho? Lol. and have to agree with GlenYid.. oh the irony.

I'm following. I support Liverpool so i'd like to see where you take this