• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City give Wales captain Craig Bellamy permission to train with Cardiff City fuelling speculation he may sign for the Championship club on loan.

More...

How the **** would Cardiff be able to pay for his wages, they're tight for cash, yet they can still bring in Koumas, Olyfinjana and Bellamy. Yeah, really tight for cash aren't you.

are u f... kidding me? i dont want him to go celtic, but ffs hes not a championship player!

they might only pay a small percentage (i.e 10% or less) of his wages or might not at all

This is all media talk according to Cardiff (this morning) so it'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

City seem to be playing hardball by not allowing their players to move to rivals (which is fair enough, I suppose) but they need to remember that their is a rule that lets players leave for free if they don't play in 10% of games so stockpiling quality players could backfire on them if they aren't aware of this rule.

They spoke to Bellamy himself, I think on Sky and he said that his wife and kid live in Cardiff and he would be interested in going there. He also reportedly supported them as a boy.

Yeah, he probably will go, but, as of this morning, there has been no offer for Bellamy's signature or for him to train with them -- according to Cardiff. Of course, they may be trying to cover their attempts to sign him so they don't get gazumped by someone else?

Cardiff probably feel that if they are known to have bid then Spurs or Celtic will come in with a bid. So yea, they could just be keeping quiet as a bit of a ploy to sign him.

Mancini has banned him from training with City so he's either decided or been allowed to train with Cardiff for the time being. Whether he can push through a loan move there is debatable though, I doubt City will pay all his wages but I am sure a number of PL clubs will be putting together a move for him.

Mancini has banned him from training with City so he's either decided or been allowed to train with Cardiff for the time being. Whether he can push through a loan move there is debatable though, I doubt City will pay all his wages but I am sure a number of PL clubs will be putting together a move for him.

I think City might be willing to pay a fair bit of his wages if he was to go to Cardiff as they dont seem to want him to go to Spurs who are considered a "rival", so I would assume they would do everything they can to stop him going there.

Personally I would like him to stay at City. Which I know isnt going to happen now. Instead of some one like Santa Cruz.

I think he will take a massive pay cut and join Fulham where he once again proves his worth with Hughes. I always felt he is not money grabber. He is a **** but he gives it all when on the field. I want him to join Fulham so that Sparky can do well with Fulham.

Dave Jones said Cardiff have had no contact its just speculation !

he is good enough for premierleague at the moment so why take a step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back