Bellamy to join Cardiff on loan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 3K
I’m very baffled by this move, and for a few reasons

1. Cardiff’s Finances

Cardiff’s finances are no secret to anyone, transfer embargoes and HMRC winding up orders are not exactly promising. Neither is having to sell Mark Kennedy to pay monies owed to Motherwell for Paul Quinn.

Yesterday Dave Jones said he would have to sell star player Ross McCormack if he wanted to strengthen his squad.

2. Craig Bellamy’s ambition?

Has he become so dejected after the Man City affair that he has lost all ambition? He was one of the best players in the premiership last season, excelling against Manchester United and Chelsea.

We all know Man City would not sanction a move to Spurs but were Cardiff really the only other option? We know Celtic and Fulham showed interest so why not them?

With Celtic he had a highly successful spell which led to him regaining his reputation, moved to Blackburn then Liverpool.

Fulham are now managed by Mark Hughes, who arguably, gets the best out of Bellamy.

But I have to take my hat off to the guy, most players say they want to play for there boyhood club and move when they are past it, Bellamy is playing arguably his best football.

Hopefully he will get them promoted, as for the wage issue, I assume Man City are paying it all, or most of it and will get some sort of deal, providing Cardiff get promotion.

I am so being Cardiff on FM11. :D

Mancini has always had a problem with Bellamy because Bellamy cant train as intesively as the rest of the squad because of a long term knee injury and Mancini didnt like it.

Oh right never knew that, I do remember Tevez complaining about his training but never Bellamy

Great, the taxpayer paying for Bellamy to go to skint Cardiff. They should not be allowed to have anyone in or out, disgraceful.

Why would the taxpayer pay for it? :S - Also considering what Bellamy earns his wage probably contributes at least £2million p/year to the tax-man so I don't understand what your problem is.

Why would the taxpayer pay for it? :S - Also considering what Bellamy earns his wage probably contributes at least £2million p/year to the tax-man so I don't understand what your problem is.

I think hes just ****** that Forest get stuck with the likes of Earnshaw and Tyson.. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Oh right never knew that, I do remember Tevez complaining about his training but never Bellamy

Yea, Bellamy has had the knee injury for quite a while but aslong as he doesnt train too hard he can play as well as ever and be just as committed to the team so aslong as Cardiff dont push him too hard in training I'm sure he will be a great signing for them.

I think he's going to be a great signing for Cardiff because John Arne Riise told me that Craig Bellamy is really effective with small clubs

I Reckon QPR, Cardiff and Burnley will come up, i would have said Bristol City instead of Cardiff, but Bellamy changes everything

They were unlucky last season to not get promotion. They signed Olofinjana and Koumas to great centre mids, and now Bellamy. McCormack can't even get into the team, he can tear any Championship defence to peices. Watched them at our ground on the Saturday just gone, i'm not sure who they would drop for him. Bothroyd & Chopra are both playing to well to be dropped.

Look forward to seeing Cardiff in the prem next season.

One player is not good enough to get a team single handedly promoted.
obviously with a few exceptions

No, but take a look at the rest of their team. Chopra,Bothroyd,Olyfinjana,Koumas,McCormack. They've got a team ready for promotion, and a great manager in Dave Jones.

This is Motherwell assuming that Cardiff are actually paying the wages of these players that they have brought in on loan. I would imagine that they are hardly paying anything of any of these players wages.

Well they are right to be annoyed, Cardiff owe them money and they should be paid.

Tom Heaton and the boy John were free transfers and the rest on loan. I very much doubt Hull and West Brom would let them off without paying something for there players.

wish him well and im glad he is out of the premiership now.

Oh ******* great, another player that's gonna **** on us this season! :(

Back