Death Ball

Reaction score
After the failure in the last season of my Crewe story, I'm starting a Leeds game. I'm in august and have played the first league match.

Around one whole week ago, probably a bit more, I asked my scouts, who had finished the previous batch of orders, to report about a few prospective signings (two goalies, three centrebacks and, I think, one striker).

I'm still waiting, and in the meanwhile the two who seemed the most likely to be good enough to try sign have been signed by other teams, as I'm not willing to spend before knowing for sure they'll be good enough.

The question, then, is if that's normal and why does it happen or is it a bug?. I've never had an scouting mission for players taking this long. Obviously if I ask for a lot of players there'll be three or four per day and several days may be needed to finish, that's good. But it's been a whole week without reports and those I asked aren't coming.

not sure mate, maybe your search was a bit specific and they are struggling to 'find' that type of player to report back on?

Thank you, but it's not that. It's like Vito Mannone, right click, scouting->get scout report. And a few players more.

Still waiting, and no reports in a week. Well, I forgot that like six days ago, the backroom advice included scouting a few players and I got those in one or two.

Maybe, because in the centrebacks search, I asked for the scout report of three selecting them at once, one of them was out of range and instead of the one causing a can't scout message as usual is making the scout "hang" in the one outside the range. Problem is that I've made a couple more searches after that and now I don't remember all players. I know they weren't more than six, but only know of Mannone and a Croatian guy, both of whom are for sure within scouting range.

Maybe that particular scout is busy scouting somewhere else at the moment? I rarely ask a specific scout to give me a report, I almost always ask the scouting pool and get a report within a few days at most. I've had similar things happen when I gave a 20/20 scout in FM12 the same task, aka to scout many players for me. It took him weeks to even start getting me reports on them because he was scouting for talent to begin with.

Yeah, you can have a problem if your scout has an ongoing assignment. i requested a scout report for lucas barrios as ajax manager, but i forgot that the scout had a previous assignment. It's been a month and the report hasn't been completed. Almost like he went AWOL!