Ben Arfa completes Newcastle move

Good price and everything, but I'm quite suprised he didn't jon a 'bigger' club.

IMO Newcastle are a big club. But its whether he will remain fit after his injury or pull a Dean Ashton. We will beat them tonight.

I don't see why Newcastle should be worrying about going down? They've got a great striker and they're doing well.. this is a great signing.. it's around £4 million isn't it? That's an amazing coup
Woah woah woah.

I wasn't saying they should be worrying about going down, not at all. They're safe in my eyes now, well, aslong as they don't do a Hull..

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Can't wait 'till he comes back.

IMO Newcastle are a big club. But its whether he will remain fit after his injury or pull a Dean Ashton. We will beat them tonight.

nah we will beat you hopefully, good signing for us. he not so good in game though.

5-0 should have been couple more, over the moon i am whoooooooo, well done newcastle. I fear for westham now unless avram grant finds his lucky scarf.

Last edited:
Very good signing. A player who 1-2 years ago was wanted by United, Barcelona, Real and some other top teams, so Newcastle have done well to get hold of him. He'll be a very important player when he returns.

Like everyone has said in this thread, a great capture by Newcastle. I really enjoyed playing with him in FIFA 11, top scorer while managing Newcastle... shame you can't buy back players after the club got them back from loan :(

Tbf the position they are in, and the way they've played so far this season means they really should stay up. I can't see them going down unless they have a massive collapse.

At this point in the relegation season, we had the same amount of points, so we will not be safe until we are mathematically safe. The Prem is tight as a badger's **** this year, especially in the bottom half.

Ben Arfa, stunning player, can do the unexpected, create chances out of nothing, is brilliant with the ball, and has good movement off it. What he said, about loving Newcastle, and the fact his wage has apparently barely increased(by 1500 pw) shows he is there to play football. French International too, so his quality is obvious. We had to sign now, a few clubs wanted him.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Very good signing. A player who 1-2 years ago was wanted by United, Barcelona, Real and some other top teams, so Newcastle have done well to get hold of him. He'll be a very important player when he returns.

Liverpool have been linked recently as well. As you said, top deal for a potentially world-class player. He is only 23, so he has 3 or 4 years to improve more. Either way, Newcastle have potentially the coup of the season if he produces.

And, to top it all off they've just hammered West Ham.

Woah woah woah.

I wasn't saying they should be worrying about going down, not at all. They're safe in my eyes now, well, aslong as they don't do a Hull..

Haha, my comment wasn't really an attack on your comment on relegation, just a general belief that they're simply looking too good to go down.. their result tonight proves that :p