Ben Foster

damo.superman

Reaction score
Hey guys so i dunno if there is a thread similar to this or not but i dont care because as an England fan i feel i need to voice my opinions on this guy... ok i know ill get some lip about me being biased because im a united fan but i dont care... so here goes i think its about time we as a nation got behind FOSTER he is a very good keeper who unfortunately is stuck in a rut and its not helping that everyone is waiting on him to fail so they can criticise him some more for example the goal against besiktas was NOT his fault i believe he had the initial shot dealt with the wicked deflection was his undoing... while i admit he has been error strewn a lot has been expected of him and most of this expectation is for failure and i think that if we (ENGLAND) are to get anything from the world cup then we need him in top form and to achieve this we need to get behind him and build up his confidence... without him what do we have james is past it kirkland and robinson whilst good need to stop leaking goals also and green is talented too but foster is our best bet so come on guys lets start and get behind foster and all the england keepers so that we can get the confidence high ahead of world cup year

Thank you

I think every football fan knows it wasnt fosters fault to the besiktas goal as it took a wicked deflection. But i personally dont rate him at all to be honest there a far more better english keepers who are impressing more and more where as everytime i see foster play he does tend to make mistakes quite alot and it isnt just one mistake a game its a few.

I would honestly say almunia or Paul robinson

is this the same keeper that got lobbed by paul robinson from the other side of the pitch yes?

if he goes to the world cup and plays for us in goal, i wanna go up front.

I would say either Joe hart or green sliding towards hart tho.

We have had to resort to foreign managers and now there is talk of a german striker enough of the imports stick with british remember this is fosters first big season and yeah fair do's green is impressive i still say we get behind all the candidates because with confident keepers you have a confident team.

Hart needs to be played more at international level but he would be a good choice.

I was at the game when Foster got lobbed by Robinson.

good call on hart i forgot to mention him but he does need international experience thats true but he could be good if not as first choice but as a back up

i was at home but it was still hilarious :) foster is basically an english taibi

Ben Foster is a good...not great shot stopper but is prone to alot of errors or mishaps. He is still young and it does not help only playing once in a blue moon. Keepers need a decent run of games. He had that great season with a bad Watford side. Would not say he was England's number one though.