Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jukilo

Reaction score
Hello fellow FM players!

I want a new challenge as I struggle to get a new save going. I can't decide what team and which are the purposes of the save. Hope you guys help me in this quest.

So, here are the ideas:
1- A save where all the big leagues (Spanish, Italian and English. Possibly Germany too) are supposed to be won and win at least 2 Champions League. This means that I won't stay in a club more than 1/2 seasons and it will be all played with big teams;
2- Win Champions League in 4 different clubs. The purposes are the same of the first point;
3- Liverpool. Bring back the glory days and be better than Paisley;
4- Real Madrid. Win "La Decima" and try to recuperate the hegemony in the Spanish League;
5- Arsenal. Long time without titles;
6- Benfica. Recuperate the hegemony in Portugal and try to win, at least, 2 CL;
7- Other sugestions.

Let me know your ideas :)

Ive created a monster!, Nothing really jumps out at me as much of a challenge maybe Benfica?

Not really, winning the league and nearly everything in Portugal is **** EASY. As for the CL's it can be harder, but with the usual advantage you have in the league you can focus your best players for the CL, thus the difficulty is only pretty much average!

Ive created a monster!, Nothing really jumps out at me as much of a challenge maybe Benfica?

Not really, winning the league and nearly everything in Portugal is **** EASY. As for the CL's it can be harder, but with the usual advantage you have in the league you can focus your best players for the CL, thus the difficulty is only pretty much average!
I meant compared to the other options,

Cheers for all the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

In my recent saves with Benfica, Porto almost doesn't drop any points. You need to be very regular which can be hard in some saves due to numerous reasons. But yeah, I've to agree that can be easier than in other countries.

C'mon guys. Your vote is important for me. Tell me your opinion :)

Hum that's a good idea. Cheers for that. I don't know their team but I'll check and see what I'm gonna do. Anyways, there's few time to choose and my choice will be revealed soon. Vote guys!

So, my fellow FM managers, after the poll is closed and I've solved some problems with girls (**** it, they occupy so much time! ahah), finally I can start my story with my beloved club Benfica.
For me, Benfica is one of the best choices to play with in FM. The way we lose the last leagues and our hegemony to Porto is a good motivation to start a save. That's one of the reasons because I've put this option on the poll. The other is simple: I just want Benfica on top of the Europe and be the most successful club.

Ok, preview made and let's go to some details. I start this save with the new LFCMarshall update to give this a more real scenario. Besides the ones that I put in the opening post, I've some more plans:

3 years:
Win 3 leagues
Win 6 cups (Portuguese Cup, Portuguese League Cup and Portuguese SuperCup)
Go as far as I can in CL

4-6 years:
Maintain the previous hegemony
Have a squad with much more Portuguese (home grown specially) people than now
Win CL twice

So, now that the presentations are made let's go meet the squad for this year:

View attachment 466018View attachment 466017

I think I've a pretty well balanced squad with multiple options for the objectives I've this year. Of course that could be some players that aren't, currently, with the value to be on Benfica. But they are there for 2 reasons: develop young lads and have Portuguese players due to European regulations. Some good values were sold to make money and let young lads develop more. Let's see what can they do.

As for Staff this were the changes:

View attachment 466016

Benfica doesn't start with a good staff. So, lot's of changes are needed.

With all of this presented (if you have something more just say), let's go see the fixtures that has already been played, in the next post.

If you want some more SS or info's just tell me.

After the preview let's see how we've done in terms of fixtures. The pre season doesn't matter for me. It is only for team to get gelled and give time to all the players.

View attachment 466013

Pretty satisfied with the results. Let's see the competitive games one by one.

August

Benfica 3 - Arouca 1
View attachment 466012View attachment 466011
A well deserved win. We know the importance of the first game. Go behind just in the early minutes could be an important factor but happily we've the capacity to chase the victory and we win like the stats show was a good performance.

Braga 1 - Benfica 2

View attachment 466010View attachment 466009
An always tough away game. I started with our counter attack tactic and we get the lead deservedly just before half-time. Then, Braga fought back and get their goal. Happily we've a fair penalty, Garay take the chance and give us an important victory.

Benfica 4 - Guimar?es 0

View attachment 466008View attachment 466007

An impressive display by the lads resulting in a comfortable win.

In the meantime, the draw of Champions League occurred putting us in a very tough group. We need to be at our very best to go the next round, which is a requirement from the board.

View attachment 466006

Ok, I've opted for this style of presentation. Maybe I change it in the future. Hope you guys liked it and just tell me what you think.

Cheers guys.

Excellent choice mate..Looking forward for furtheer updates ;)

Hi guys. Time to update my story with the recent fixtures. I've opted to do this for the recent 2 months (September/October). Some nice results. Here it is:

View attachment 465720

Here's how the league stands atm:

View attachment 465715

The greatest result until now:

View attachment 465719

Here's how the things stands in the CL (shame about the Kiev result in home. That game was to be won!!):

View attachment 465718

I've two games at home against the big guys. It will be tough. But I'm counting with the home factor and hope to go, at least, to Europe League.

Finally, here's the best players so far:

View attachment 465717View attachment 465716

And this is it. Tell me what do you think about this. Any SS just tell me. Cheers guys

Wasn't planning on do new updates but due to some recent results I've to. So, here they are:

View attachment 465643

Good performances by the lads in all competitions. Going strong in the league, go to next round in the cup and doing amazingly well in the CL. Here's the standings of both League and CL group:

View attachment 465642View attachment 465641

That's right. We've pass the "group of death" in 1st place!!! Never in my great expectations I would think I'd be capable of doing this. This feels even better because Benfica is my club. Amazing!!

Here's the 2 matches:

View attachment 465640View attachment 465639

Great great performances. Hope that the draw be nice to us in the next round.

Finally, the Portuguese center-back Neto continues to do some great exhibitions and be the best player until now. Here it is:

View attachment 465638

Cheers guys. Hope that you guys enjoy this story as much as I am.

Question for you guys: how can I change the name of my thread? I need to ask to a mod?

New update in a moment ;)

Question for you guys: how can I change the name of my thread? I need to ask to a mod?

New update in a moment ;)

Not sure on how to change the name, but going well so far. How are you finding Rodrigo for consistency? I've had him a couple of times and he seems to be either great or ****.

He has times in the season. In October, for example, he scored 6 goals in a Cup game. From then he can put some great exhibitions and in other games make an average exhibition. But he's my main scorer with 28 goals. If he was much more consistent he could have, at least, 35 goals. On the other hand, I like to rotate my strikers and give oportunities to them. Might be due to that too.

Oh, and thanks for your words. Have more enthusiastic games, luckily it was for us!

Hi guys. New update, new exciting results! :D
Start with the fixtures and our League table. Going amazingly well and I might just see the title around the corner:

View attachment 465344View attachment 465343View attachment 465342View attachment 465329

Just one loss. The fact that it was at home, makes me a bit angry. I was chasing the result until the finish, eventually and the game with 2 wingers and 3 pure strikers. Thinking about it, I think I don't have that need and the draw was a better result. But, it's just terrible losing at home. Bahh. But happily it was the only one until now :)
It is one of the best things in Football when you won at the home of one our rivals. Amazing result!!

In the Portuguese League Cup, it could be better. This was never a priority cup but the fact that our fierce rivals, Sporting, eliminated us was a bit infuriating.

View attachment 465331View attachment 465330

On the other hand, excellent results in the Portuguese Cup. Eliminate Porto and win in the 1st hand in a derby at the home of our rivals:

View attachment 465328View attachment 465327

Finally, the CL. This 2 games speaks for themselves. Totally deserve this.

View attachment 465326View attachment 465325

Neto still is the best player. Great season so far for him.

View attachment 465324

Cheers guys. Just let me know your thoughts!

Going very well, what youth prospects do you have at Benfica? You need to uncover the new Eusebio ;)