Benfica vs Porto

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K
B

Blynd1

Today, at 20h15 (8h15pm UK time) S.L.Benfica and F.C.Porto will play in what will probably be the match for the title this season.

The game will be @Benfica stadium, Estádio da Luz (Stadium of Light).

2 weeks ago, Benfica was 1st place with 5 more points then FCPorto, and everyone had no doubts about them winning the title this season... today they have the same points as Porto, Porto being 1st place, because they have the best attack and defense in the league.

So, everyone is calling this one, the Title Match... In my opinion, it's not the title match, but its a very important match, because the loser, can drop to 3rd place, if Braga wins the match against Nacional da Madeira.

Portuguese league at the moment (top6)

1 - Porto 49p
2 - Benfica 49p
3 - Braga 46p
4 - Sporting 38p
5 - Maritimo 38p
6 - Guimarães 29p

Both teams have a few problems because of the international fixtures during this week..

Porto James Rodriguez might not be on the starting eleven, as he played for his national team (Colombia) 2 days ago, he is a very important piece of Porto attack, and since Porto doesn't have Varela (injured) they'll probably have to use Djalma a very fast forward, but rarely an option for a starting eleven, they can also use Iturbe, a very talented youngster, but still needs match time to be what everyone wants him to... (the right winger position is the only one that the manager needs to worry about, as the other ones, Porto have pretty good options)

Benfica also has a big problem, their right defender, Maxi Pereira, the only right defender on the club, he also played 2 days ago for his national team, for 90 minutes (Uruguay), he will probably be on the starting eleven, as Benfica doesn't really have another decent option for that side, but he won't be in the form he should for a match like this..

The starting elevens will probably be..

Benfica - Artur, Emerson, Luisão, Garay, Maxi, Witsel, Javi Garcia, Gaitan, Nolito, Aimar and Oscar Cardozo

Porto - Helton, Alvaro Pereira, Otamendi, Maicon, Danilo, Fernando, Moutinho, Lucho, Hulk, Djalma(or James..) and Janko

There are a lot of streams online if you want to see the game, find them here: FirstRow Free Live Sports Streams on your PC, Live Football Stream, Myp2p, Live MLB, Live NBA, Live NHL and more...

Enjoy the game if you wish to watch it, and as a Porto fan.. COME ON PORTO! :) .

Edit: Danilo is injured, i forgot. Instead of Danilo, it will be Sapunaru (on the starting 11)

Last edited:
Match for the title? It's a completely irrelevant game, Braga have it in their pockets!

What.a.game. A must see. And ****, Benfica is really playing some nice football. Porto leads 1-0 though.

Completly deserved Duca. They were much better. What kind of goal did mr. Incredible score ?

Yea, great set piece and even better header. Cardozo is so powerful.

I was watching it for a little while, not too long. Hulk's goal was amazing! 108 k/m into the top corner, no keeper is saving that.

Hulk's goal was insane, seeing from the highlights, although it seems none of the other goals were shabby, either! I didn't watch the game, but only the highlights, but it looked to be a good game of football. I wish I'd watched it now!

​- PZW