Benitez ponders offer for Turner

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez hints that he is interested in signing Hull City defender Michael Turner.

More...

Heh, he's in my Fantasy Football team. He's a big, solid defender. I rate him.

Heh, he's in my Fantasy Football team. He's a big, solid defender. I rate him.

Off-Topic: Finally an active Spurs fan... :P
I didn't heard many things about him, so I won't say nothing.

he is not liverpool quality, carragher, srktel and agger are better

He was solid as a rock last season and scored alot aswell, had him in my fantasy team.
But what i want to know is why the **** are we looking at CB when we have 3 good CBs already..we need a striker Rafa u ***

He was solid as a rock last season and scored alot aswell, had him in my fantasy team.
But what i want to know is why the **** are we looking at CB when we have 3 good CBs already..we need a striker Rafa u ***

lol kinda touché

lol kinda touché
Hahaha it would be lovely if he could score enough from corners to make up for a 2nd striker, but i doubt that :L
Hes a good player tho guys, dont underrate him. Very strong in the air

Also - Carras getting old and remember the Champions League Home Grown rule - hes an English player which could be very helpful

He is gd..not Top 4 gd..Dont know why Liverpool want him when they have Carrager, srktel and Agger

Liverpool really need a LB tbh Aureilo, Dossena are **** and need a ST if Torres is injured who you got? N'Gog? Vorinin? lool

If Torres is injured we have Kuyt, Babel, Nemeth, N'Gog, and Voronin.

Not sure what your problem with Aurellio but he's probably one of the best left backs in the league. We've got Insua too who showed a little of what he could do last season.

I really hope Turner doesnt leave as he was easily our best player last season

If Torres is injured we have Kuyt, Babel, Nemeth, N'Gog, and Voronin.

Not sure what your problem with Aurellio but he's probably one of the best left backs in the league. We've got Insua too who showed a little of what he could do last season.

so wot you getting at kuyt will play right wing again, and the rest are just let down after let down, VORONIN=NO GOOD, N'GOG=SHOCKING, KEMETH=TALENT BUT NOT READY, BABEL=AWFUL

so wot you getting at kuyt will play right wing again, and the rest are just let down after let down, VORONIN=NO GOOD, N'GOG=SHOCKING, KEMETH=TALENT BUT NOT READY, BABEL=AWFUL

Voronin = one of the best players in the German league last season. N'Gog = one of the best goals per minutes on the pitch averages of any young player last season. Nemeth = one of the hottest young strikers in European football. Babel = raw talent which can only improve.

Not bad options. Shall we take a look at the Manc bench and that former Newcastle player who is so good that he was dropped by one of his best mates from a team which needed goals to avoid relegation? Hmm..

CB is needed by us. Hyppia has left so it's a choice between bringing the youth through or buying. I think Rafa was happy to play a youth player alongside a senior pro, but all three of our senior pros are out injured right now. Playing two youth players at the same time would be silly, no?

Turner looks decent. If Rafa can mould him and improve him, then I trust Rafa's judgement.

Voronin = one of the best players in the German league last season. N'Gog = one of the best goals per minutes on the pitch averages of any young player last season. Nemeth = one of the hottest young strikers in European football. Babel = raw talent which can only improve.

Not bad options. Shall we take a look at the Manc bench and that former Newcastle player who is so good that he was dropped by one of his best mates from a team which needed goals to avoid relegation? Hmm..

CB is needed by us. Hyppia has left so it's a choice between bringing the youth through or buying. I think Rafa was happy to play a youth player alongside a senior pro, but all three of our senior pros are out injured right now. Playing two youth players at the same time would be silly, no?

Turner looks decent. If Rafa can mould him and improve him, then I trust Rafa's judgement.
this is rubbish,

voronin is absolute rubbish and everyone knows it.

macheda 1 goal every 92 minutes in the league i'm pretty sure that beats david n'gog's 2 in 14 matches. so i doubt what you said is true and is a reason why it's stupid for you to attack our backup strikers.

nemeth may be good but i doubt he is even in the top 5 or top 10 best young strikers.

your backup strikers are wank.

michael owen is a proven goalscorer and is one of the top scorers for england.

this is rubbish,

voronin is absolute rubbish and everyone knows it.

Apart from teams in the German league it would seem. But if he's willing to adapt his attitude and approach to what Rafa wants, then we'll take a **** player who scores every other match in the German league.

macheda 1 goal every 92 minutes in the league i'm pretty sure that beats david n'gog's 2 in 14 matches. so i doubt what you said is true and is a reason why it's stupid for you to attack our backup strikers.

Lol It's stupid because you doubt? Hmm. N'Gog scored 3 goals in 589 minutes last season. That's an average of roughly a goal every 2 full games. When Macheda does a bit more than come on for a 5 minute cameo at the end of a game when you're chasing a goal, we'll discuss his merits.

nemeth may be good but i doubt he is even in the top 5 or top 10 best young strikers.

In European football? UEFA consistently list him as being one of the best youth players. Look at his scoring records for the Hungarian youth teams and then maybe make a comparison with his peers?

your backup strikers are wank.

michael owen is a proven goalscorer and is one of the top scorers for england.

I love how you make that jump. XD St.Mike is a cripple and a shadow of the player who terrorised defences with raw pace. Do you remember the hoof ball we used to play under Houllier? That's when he was good that was. Do you remember Newcastle getting relegated? That's him as he is now, that is. Did he touch the ball more than once (legally I mean, apart from his 'hand of God' moment) in the Charity Shield? Must have blinked and missed it, because I saw his head poking out of Terry's back pocket. England's finest current striker was it?

Apart from teams in the German league it would seem. But if he's willing to adapt his attitude and approach to what Rafa wants, then we'll take a **** player who scores every other match in the German league.

Lol It's stupid because you doubt? Hmm. N'Gog scored 3 goals in 589 minutes last season. That's an average of roughly a goal every 2 full games. When Macheda does a bit more than come on for a 5 minute cameo at the end of a game when you're chasing a goal, we'll discuss his merits.

In European football? UEFA consistently list him as being one of the best youth players. Look at his scoring records for the Hungarian youth teams and then maybe make a comparison with his peers?

I love how you make that jump. XD St.Mike is a cripple and a shadow of the player who terrorised defences with raw pace. Do you remember the hoof ball we used to play under Houllier? That's when he was good that was. Do you remember Newcastle getting relegated? That's him as he is now, that is. Did he touch the ball more than once (legally I mean, apart from his 'hand of God' moment) in the Charity Shield? Must have blinked and missed it, because I saw his head poking out of Terry's back pocket. England's finest current striker was it?

Lmao!!! I like you. But in all seriousness Owen is absolute sh1te!

in german football was the key part of that.in english football where unfortunately liverpool play he was and is wank. quaresma looked like a world beater in portugal but every time he moved to a tougher league he was a flop.

macheda is class and you know it. so n'gog's goals per minute ratio isn't bad. he is still rubbish back up for torres. macheda > N'gog

i reckon he is nowhere near bojan, pato, ballotelli, aguero, benzema, paloschi. i reckon macheda is better. also he can;t be that great if he is 20 and still not playing for hungary seniors

you can say whatever you want about owen you know he's three times better than voronin.

Don't mean to invade into this ego fest but i'll give my honest opinion.

Liverpool need better backup, if Torres goes down you won't have someone who steps up to even 3/4 of his level.

Voronin can cut it in the german league but he can't in the English, that's been established already. Ngog, is a promising youngster, that's all he is so far. As for Kuyt, he has a solid workrate and will get a few goals but he's not up to the same standard as Torres.

Manchester United have better options available yes, but even they're gonna have to adapt to replace the goals they've lost in Ronaldo.

As for Turner, can't say i've seen enough of him to pass judgement. I do question Liverpool's need for another CB, unless he is thinking of Carragher's advancing years.

Last edited:
in german football was the key part of that.in english football where unfortunately liverpool play he was and is wank. quaresma looked like a world beater in portugal but every time he moved to a tougher league he was a flop.

Very possible. But Voronin is a number 10 who scored an average of a goal every other game last season with an assist level of a goal every third game. That's worth a punt for a freebie surely? You rate Michael Owen who couldn't get into a team needing goals to stay up and managed by a mate after all.

macheda is class and you know it. so n'gog's goals per minute ratio isn't bad. he is still rubbish back up for torres. macheda > N'gog

Macheda could develop into a good player. He might keep toking away on his cigs and be a disaster. So far he's made cameo appearances when Taggart has gone 2-3-5. Let's see how he does over a full season where he plays a bit more than a full game in total and get a better idea of where he's at - because it would be very unfair to comment on those couple of matches where he bombed badly when he started from last season. So far N'Gog's record is just a bit better by virtue of having played a lot more meaningful football. I think he's good back-up to Torres. When he finishes growing N'Gog has the potential to be a very good (not brilliant though - Torres is genuinely world class remember) lone front man.

i reckon he is nowhere near bojan, pato, ballotelli, aguero, benzema, paloschi. i reckon macheda is better. also he can;t be that great if he is 20 and still not playing for hungary seniors

I think we'll see where Nemeth is at in competitive league football this season (unlucky injuries last season hampered him a lot). Until then, we can only judge him on his youth team performances at international level. And his record is second to none. He reminds me a lot of Robbie Fowler. I rate him above Bojan and Ballotelli currently (both of them stalled badly last season - too much too soon maybe?). Not seen enough of Paloschi to comment. Benzema is a decent prospect but may well struggle at Real Madrid. And Kun is a different type of player and has the potential to be genuinely world class.

you can say whatever you want about owen you know he's three times better than voronin.

Which Michael Owen are you talking about - the 2009 edition or the 1999 one? The 1999 one would have been signed in an instant. The 2009 one got turned down by Wigan and Bolton. That's kind of a clue at what level he's at right now. Was it not a clue when Liverpool fans started to laugh when they heard the news? Or that redcafe suddenly stopped taking the, erm, michael out of the brochure when they heard he'd signed? Voronin has bad hair, a floozy for a missus and had a bad attitude. If the latter has changed, he's a decent player for sitting on the bench.

Back