Benitez ponders offer for Turner

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
Voronin Doesnt really need to adapt his game the german league is just like the prem on physical standards only diffrence is pace of the game so hasnt got to adapt really ?

Very possible. But Voronin is a number 10 who scored an average of a goal every other game last season with an assist level of a goal every third game. That's worth a punt for a freebie surely? You rate Michael Owen who couldn't get into a team needing goals to stay up and managed by a mate after all.

Macheda could develop into a good player. He might keep toking away on his cigs and be a disaster. So far he's made cameo appearances when Taggart has gone 2-3-5. Let's see how he does over a full season where he plays a bit more than a full game in total and get a better idea of where he's at - because it would be very unfair to comment on those couple of matches where he bombed badly when he started from last season. So far N'Gog's record is just a bit better by virtue of having played a lot more meaningful football. I think he's good back-up to Torres. When he finishes growing N'Gog has the potential to be a very good (not brilliant though - Torres is genuinely world class remember) lone front man.

I think we'll see where Nemeth is at in competitive league football this season (unlucky injuries last season hampered him a lot). Until then, we can only judge him on his youth team performances at international level. And his record is second to none. He reminds me a lot of Robbie Fowler. I rate him above Bojan and Ballotelli currently (both of them stalled badly last season - too much too soon maybe?). Not seen enough of Paloschi to comment. Benzema is a decent prospect but may well struggle at Real Madrid. And Kun is a different type of player and has the potential to be genuinely world class.

Which Michael Owen are you talking about - the 2009 edition or the 1999 one? The 1999 one would have been signed in an instant. The 2009 one got turned down by Wigan and Bolton. That's kind of a clue at what level he's at right now. Was it not a clue when Liverpool fans started to laugh when they heard the news? Or that redcafe suddenly stopped taking the, erm, michael out of the brochure when they heard he'd signed? Voronin has bad hair, a floozy for a missus and had a bad attitude. If the latter has changed, he's a decent player for sitting on the bench.

this argument is a bit pointless cus no one is gonna change their mind and you make fair points but i do object about what you said regarding macheda. when has he ever smoked. against hull and borough it was not vintage but not bombing and i thought he had a good game vs everton fa cup. you don't give heim much credit either and underrate him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5445445,00.html

i trust his judgement a lot. if he think's he'll be quality then i reckon he will. i doubt you trust his judgement as much as i do seeing as you refer to him as taggart.

Last edited:
this argument is a bit pointless cus no one is gonna change their mind and you make fair points but i do object about what you said regarding macheda. when has he ever smoked. against hull and borough it was not vintage but not bombing and i thought he had a good game vs everton fa cup. you don't give heim much credit either and underrate him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5445445,00.html

i trust his judgement a lot. if he think's he'll be quality then i reckon he will. i doubt you trust his judgement as much as i do seeing as you refer to him as taggart.

There's some pics of him having a cig on redcafe mate - wouldn't make bs like that up, as you should know by now. Not the end of the world for a young lad, but it will impact on his physical fitness. Berbatov smokes too.

Taggart's judgement depends on his weekly whisky intake and who his number 2 is. Not knocking Macheda at all to be honest, he's a decent prospect. But I wasn't overly impressed by his starting appearances (although they were perfectly fine for a young kid) so he's hardly a wonderkid just yet. He's obviously not greatly rated by the Italian youth set-up either as he's been overlooked for their youth teams recently too. In progression terms N'Gog is streets ahead. Macheda may well turn out to be the better player by the time he hits 25 though. If he does, he'll be an international player for one of the world's best teams - Italy ;)

There's some pics of him having a cig on redcafe mate - wouldn't make bs like that up, as you should know by now. Not the end of the world for a young lad, but it will impact on his physical fitness. Berbatov smokes too.

Taggart's judgement depends on his weekly whisky intake and who his number 2 is. Not knocking Macheda at all to be honest, he's a decent prospect. But I wasn't overly impressed by his starting appearances (although they were perfectly fine for a young kid) so he's hardly a wonderkid just yet. He's obviously not greatly rated by the Italian youth set-up either as he's been overlooked for their youth teams recently too. In progression terms N'Gog is streets ahead. Macheda may well turn out to be the better player by the time he hits 25 though. If he does, he'll be an international player for one of the world's best teams - Italy ;)

sad to hear macheda smokes. hopefully fergie cuts out that ****. also why do you go on red cafe. i knew berbatov smoked
View attachment 9468

speaking about macheda being overlooked
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20...aghi-includes-federico-macheda-in-italy-under

sad to hear macheda smokes. hopefully fergie cuts out that ****. also why do you go on red cafe. i knew berbatov smoked
View attachment 9468

speaking about macheda being overlooked
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20...aghi-includes-federico-macheda-in-italy-under

I'm a resident scouser at redcafe. Know a few of the lads in real life as I've lived in Manchester for a while (can actually see the Toilet from my living room window across the city skyline ;) ). Sometimes it's good when even the bitterest rivals can talk and get honest feedback from each other. Some stuff doesn't belong in football and keeping lines of communication open can help limit them appearing again.

Good news for Macheda. Hope he does well for them. Italy need a 'Totti' type player, and I think Macheda can develop into a very good number 10 if he fulfills his potential.

Back