Benoît Assou-Ekotto: 'I play for the money. Football's not my passion'

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 3K
Heard lots about this and even Redknapp said he is an odd boy. He is honest about it. 99 percent of the other players aren't.

Agreed, Nice to hear an honest opinion for once. Nice find

Though i don't get why people are slagging him in this thread. Aside from a select few players, most players in the EPL are there for the money, not because of it "makes them proud." Like he said, it's a job like any other!

Shocking!!!

Although it should be obvious it still shocks me quite a bit to read that...

why he would openly say that im not too sure, because Harry or Spurs fans could take it the wrong way.

but like the Yid above, he plays well, so i guess it doesnt matter

That is why Premier league is a fail for England football-it's full of a bunch of money hungry foreigners. That is why the Football league have passionate players

Can someone tell me why players like Adebayor and Tevez moved to Man City? Oh yeah, because they don't care about money.

Props for the honesty, Benoit.

I imagine a huge majority of footballers really don't care about club loyalty. In fact, I get the feeling that a lot of footballers really don't like the fans as they probably get harassed on a daily basis by them.

To be honest, those of us who harp on about players showing loyalty and love for a club, why should they? They do this as their career. If you were working for Nationwide and moved to Santander, you would be thinking purely about the money and providing more for yourself and family.

Of course it would be nice if a player showed loyalty to your club, but I think people need to accept that at the end of the day, it's a job.

This doesn't stop people, myself included, hating on those who leave their club for another though. ;)

lol 'Is there one player in the world who signs for a club and says, Oh, I love your shirt?' Your shirt is red. I love it.'

That is why Premier league is a fail for England football-it's full of a bunch of money hungry foreigners. That is why the Football league have passionate players

In la liga they get massive wages though so are they a fail for Spanish football?

The biggest money hungry mother bleeper in football is Sol Campbell, who is an English footballer.

Thats an Honest opinion tbh. Very very few people play for the love for the game and Club. I remember one player in Bilbao playing for free as his contract was expired. Thats called passion. Rest all are same. Tevez and Ade should top the list for money grabbers.

Lol 'i have my oyster card i take the tube i eat'
I enjoyed that^^)

Back