Ben's auction game

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 573
  • Views Views 45K
What are you doing about managers Ben? Managers round coming up too?

Totally forgot about managers and stadiums. What about if everyone picked numbers, they'll be assigned the manager/stadium of that number. I'll try and make it as fair as possible. Just seems a little harsh having a manager round when some people have spent all of their funds.

Totally forgot about managers and stadiums. What about if everyone picked numbers, they'll be assigned the manager/stadium of that number. I'll try and make it as fair as possible. Just seems a little harsh having a manager round when some people have spent all of their funds.

Yeah that sounds ace :)

Ben, I'm not sure if you will have got my PM. Please double check and let me know.

Or just give everyone extra 20 million pound an put loads of managers up. Would make it fun.

Suppose ull get loads of tied bids though. But if people spend there extra 20 properly they could get a manager and a decent player in the unsold round. Just make sure the managers round is before the unsold one :)

Or just give everyone extra 20 million pound an put loads of managers up. Would make it fun.

Suppose ull get loads of tied bids though. But if people spend there extra 20 properly they could get a manager and a decent player in the unsold round. Just make sure the managers round is before the unsold one :)

A'ight, everyone okay with this? :)

'Fraid not. Means that saving money while everyone else spends theirs isn't as effective.

I think drawing lots is fairer.

A manager has a big part of how you play so drawing isn't fair, we should have the chance to choose. People have built there squad around having loads of technical players so to get someone like Pulis wouldnt be fair.

Everyone forgot about managers so the extra money would be fair overall.

A manager has a big part of how you play so drawing isn't fair, we should have the chance to choose. People have built there squad around having loads of technical players so to get someone like Pulis wouldnt be fair.

Everyone forgot about managers so the extra money would be fair overall.

I disagree, because it gives people who have spent all their money more cash to spend on players. I planned my bidding to buy players in the later rounds when everyone else had no money and I could get the players cheaper. Now this means that everyone else has more money, and the price spent on each player will increase, which I think is unfair on those who saved money.

EDIT - Bought Marchisio from Sam for £12m.

Last edited:
I disagree, because it gives people who have spent all their money more cash to spend on players. I planned my bidding to buy players in the later rounds when everyone else had no money and I could get the players cheaper. Now this means that everyone else has more money, and the price spent on each player will increase, which I think is unfair on those who saved money.

EDIT - Bought Marchisio from Sam for £12m.

Would it not be fair to just make the £20m independent of player's, so you can bid your excess + £20m on a manager, but you can't use the extra £20m for a player?

If I drew lots, use could trade of course, it's just Nixon raises a very good point. Sorry to **** on everyone's fire like but maybe just giving everyone extra money is a bit unfair. :S

Anyone got a decent solution?

Would it not be fair to just make the £20m independent of player's, so you can bid your excess + £20m on a manager, but you can't use the extra £20m for a player?

Maybe. Although the problem is that everyone will get a manager anyway if there are the same number of managers as players, and everyone will just bid all their money on each manager.

One way of doing it would be to have a list of managers. Then the person with the most money left over gets first pick, and second most money gets second pick etc? Just another idea.

Maybe. Although the problem is that everyone will get a manager anyway if there are the same number of managers as players, and everyone will just bid all their money on each manager.

One way of doing it would be to have a list of managers. Then the person with the most money left over gets first pick, and second most money gets second pick etc? Just another idea.

sounds alright but a random draw sounds the best option

Last edited:

Indeed although that is then unfair on those who wanted to assemble a squad as quickly as possible. I agree with Calum, a random draw seems the fairest option. Use would be able to trade managers/stadiums.

How about you get £20m (Plus however much of your own excess money you have to spend) to buy a manager, however you can't use this to buy a player with any leftovers, for example:

You buy Capello for £13.6m, instead of getting this extra £6.4m to spend on players, it just gets taken away and we don't see it again?

How about you get £20m (Plus however much of your own excess money you have to spend) to buy a manager, however you can't use this to buy a player with any leftovers, for example:

You buy Capello for £13.6m, instead of getting this extra £6.4m to spend on players, it just gets taken away and we don't see it again?

Don't know if I've read this right? Won't everyone just bid 20 million for the best manager? and the people with more money 21?

What's the point of getting the extra £20m then? People will obviously use all their money to bid for a manager to get the best one possible. And then it just means that the person who has the most money gets the best manager. Which is why I suggested picking in order of who has the most money. But that was also unfair, as we didn't know to save cash at the start.

So a lucky draw seems like the fairest option.

Back