Bentley close to Birmingham loan

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham winger David Bentley will have a medical at Birmingham over the weekend prior to joining on loan.

More...

Nice signing for Birmingham

Great signing!

Although local sources now say this means Seb Larsson is to join Newcastle for 1.5 million.

Long time servant of the club, fan favorite, will be missed although hasn't looked interested for the last 6 months or so.

Good move by Big Eck. Would like to see a permanent switch if he plays well for us!

Good transfer Bentley, this is the kind of club he does good at. Well one Arsenal lad out another one in.

Great signing!

Although local sources now say this means Seb Larsson is to join Newcastle for 1.5 million.

Long time servant of the club, fan favorite, will be missed although hasn't looked interested for the last 6 months or so.

Good move by Big Eck. Would like to see a permanent switch if he plays well for us!
Only £1.5m for Larsson? Bit cheap? :S

Only £1.5m for Larsson? Bit cheap? :S

Contract is expiring in July.

There's a long list of foreign clubs trying to snap him up, and a fair few prem clubs for the end of the season. So i think were trying to cash in. He is demanding a lucrative contract with us, because of how much he's done for the club. Bit of a joke really!

Great signing for Blues!

Don't really rate Larsson, he goes missing far too often and doesn't have the physical abilities for a winger in the Prem! Good luck to him though if he does move on, he has been a great servant to us over the past few seasons, but both parties need to move on at some point!

Hopefully we will also see Bentley's team mate Robbie Keane, down the Blues aswell!

Anybody know if Keane and Bentley are cup tied for the Carling Cup?

Great signing for Blues!

Don't really rate Larsson, he goes missing far too often and doesn't have the physical abilities for a winger in the Prem! Good luck to him though if he does move on, he has been a great servant to us over the past few seasons, but both parties need to move on at some point!

Hopefully we will also see Bentley's team mate Robbie Keane, down the Blues aswell!

Anybody know if Keane and Bentley are cup tied for the Carling Cup?

The Keane deal looks dead in the water with Spurs demands being pretty high, and Keane unsure about wanting to live in Brum.

But its alright, were getting Kenny Miller oO)

Great signing and a very good replacement for Larsson. Zigic will love this mans crosses.

should be a good signing if he can find his former form

Good signing. Maybe with Bentley's service Zigic can thrive (although that said, he hasn't exactly been great on Larsson's service), Brum have a history of taking players to the next level, and Bentley's still young.

The Keane deal looks dead in the water with Spurs demands being pretty high, and Keane unsure about wanting to live in Brum.

But its alright, were getting Kenny Miller oO)

22 league goals against League 1 opposition, Might as well go for Ricky Lambert... lol

22 league goals against League 1 opposition, Might as well go for Ricky Lambert... lol

Ye i can't wait to see him in a Blues shirt...

Ecstatic doesn't come close to summing up how i view that deal <)

Has tried and failed in England, but for 700k, worth a spot on the bench i guess.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Good signing. Maybe with Bentley's service Zigic can thrive (although that said, he hasn't exactly been great on Larsson's service), Brum have a history of taking players to the next level, and Bentley's still young.

Totally agree, Zigic hasn't had any service from Seb this season so far, Larsson has this tendency of late to sit deep and let Carr drive on and put the ball in. So maybe Bentley can actually do the job properly.

In all honesty, I would rather see Keane play for us than Bentley! We can survive without a winger at the moment, with Mcfaddy coming back soon, Beasuejour and Hleb.
But, we need a goalscorer, BADLY!!!!

Keane is cup tied but i don't think he will come.
Bentley don't know if he's cup tied, he's a great signing though much better than Larsson. Othet rumours for Blues is that where trying for Babel again and after Charlie Adams

In all honesty, I would rather see Keane play for us than Bentley! We can survive without a winger at the moment, with Mcfaddy coming back soon, Beasuejour and Hleb.

I think the presumption is, we have a lamp post in the box, if we have people who can hit it regularly it may end up bouncing in a few times...

with strikers being so expensive, its the easier option.
we are still going for strikers though as highly reported

we've already had, Robbie Keane, Kenny Miller and Jo highly linked. Wait for the rest to pile in...

Totally agree, Zigic hasn't had any service from Seb this season so far, Larsson has this tendency of late to sit deep and let Carr drive on and put the ball in. So maybe Bentley can actually do the job properly.

Can reply to both in one. Yeah, Bentley's a proper winger of the ilk that you don't have at the minute. He's a very very talented player, hope he does well. Not TOO well, mind... :p

Can reply to both in one. Yeah, Bentley's a proper winger of the ilk that you don't have at the minute. He's a very very talented player, hope he does well. Not TOO well, mind... :p

He will be signed for the 16th :)

Bentley wips it in ZIGGICCCCCC strikes again in the second city derby XD

ring ring, ring ring, and the alarm goes off <)

He will be signed for the 16th :)

Bentley wips it in ZIGGICCCCCC strikes again in the second city derby XD

ring ring, ring ring, and the alarm goes off <)

Or, more pleasingly, Bentley whips it in, Zigic loses a header to Barry Bannan who knocks it up the wing for a BETTER right winger in Marc Albrighton who plants it on the header of Gabby Agbonlahor for ANOTHER goal against Brum... :D

Yeah, my dreams are becoming increasingly unlikely...