Bent's move to Villa angers Bruce

Demba Ba would be a great replacement for him, but they do have Danny Welbeck, Asmoah Gyan and Frazier Campbell. All 3 of them are great player, but to bolster them further I think Demba Ba would be a great signing for them :)

Campbell - out for the season
Welbeck - out for 8 weeks, and only on loan
Healy - premier league quality? Don't think so. Besides, he's on the verge of leaving.

Gyan is our only striker at the minute :(

Spurs got £6m from the transfer, didin't they? And i think Demba Ba would be a good replacment...i dont know what was the "fitness problem" that prevented him from moving to stoke.

You've got to understand the circumstances. Yes, we aren't the smartest bunch of fans, but when a player that you idolise hand's in a transfer request and leaves almost immediately, showing no respect to the fans or the club, you're bound to be pretty annoyed.

You had him for what, one season? One and a half? Us Villa fans idolised Gareth Barry, a player who had stayed at our club for over a decade, but we didn't send him death threats for god's sakes. We didn't say anything to Milner, past wishing him well. All we did was wave fake money at Barry. Feel free to do that to Bent, but don't threaten him with death.

Campbell - out for the season
Welbeck - out for 8 weeks, and only on loan
Healy - premier league quality? Don't think so. Besides, he's on the verge of leaving.

Gyan is our only striker at the minute :(

But surely £24m is far more than Bent is worth!! I don't know how you cannot see how much of a poor move this has been for Villa, and an incredible one for you! You could sign two or three quality players for that kind of money! Bent may have been a good player for you, but you have to remember that this money will be spent replacing him for a better player most probably, no?

But surely £24m is far more than Bent is worth!! I don't know how you cannot see how much of a poor move this has been for Villa, and an incredible one for you! You could sign two or three quality players for that kind of money! Bent may have been a good player for you, but you have to remember that this money will be spent replacing him for a better player most probably, no?

I think it's a bit harsh on Bent, actually. Yes, he's not worth £24m, but who else can guarantee goals and is proven in the Premier League? Besides, its more like £12m (£6m to Spurs, £6m based on performance).

And I agree, death threats, if true, is incredibly harsh on a player that scored nearly 40 goals in 18 months for us.

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn talking about the Bent situation. Watching this makes me like the man alot and wish more chairman was like this (even if memory serves me right he scored a winner at stamford bridge years ago) i actually like the man.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw2OpL5if8"]YouTube - Niall Quinn talks about Darren Bent transfer - EXCLUSIVE with Kildare TV[/ame]

A **** of a lot of money for an aging player. Sunderland made a tasty profit

oO) He's 26...

i think they are just jealus because villa made great signing....bent is proven goalscorer so i think 24mils for him is not overpayed...also my opinion is that he is in top 3 english strikers atm (carrol,rooney,bent) :D

Fair deal for both sides, Villa are getting a proven goalscorer and Sunderland have made a tidy profit. He could actually be out finding a replacement rather than crying over it.

Bruce cant talk about loyalty. The guy has been through more clubs than Tiger Woods, and is about as loyal as him too. Ask the fans of all the clubs he's walked out on about Steve Bruce and loyalty.

I think it's really worng what Bent has done to Sunderland!! Although I agree with JP Woody, Bruce can hardly talk about loyalty as look at him !!. Great deal for the black cats though £24m :)

Get two Asamoah Gyan's for that ;)