Berbatov - Hugely Under-perfoming

Nyuu~

Reaction score
I've used the search option and I haven't found much for this.

Dimitar Berbatov... he is such an awesome player, but he seldom plays well or delivers.
I'm with Manchester United and I've played a few new games with him, each time I had the same result with him. He has his games where he gets 2, maybe 3 goals and then doesn't score again for about 6-10 games, which is dreadful. I tried playing him on both left and right ST position as Deep-lying Forward, but no good; same when I play him as Trequartista. I'm so tempted to just try and sell him, but I'm afraid I'm approaching his style of play or something incorrectly (which is why I'm posting here).

I JUST started a new season, not played many games at all. He's played 9 games all-in-all and scored 2 goals. He has an average rating of 6.85. Even Owen and Hernandez are doing better, I want more from him, 'cause I know he's a quality player. I remember on a previous game with Manchester United, he finished the first season with I think it was 7 goals... that's just abysmal.

Any help regarding this player would be appreciated, especially if you have had experience with him being (who knows, perhaps) the best striker in Manchester United (or whatever team you bought him for), or at least really good.

Cheers.

Try playing him as a target man to feet as he has a great first touch and both passing and shooting abilities so should pick up a few goals and assists.

Fred

Try playing him as a target man to feet as he has a great first touch and both passing and shooting abilities so should pick up a few goals and assists.

Fred

I'll play the next 3-4 games now and I'll post results - Cheers.

Apologies for the late reply; my Inetnet died last night.

Alright i'll give you a link for a thread with a tactic for United that has instruction for Berbatov's postion and Role ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109...ling-with-the-devils-a-manchester-t67999.html

Appreciated, I've already been through that thread though and you're essentially saying that I need to change my entire tactic for Berbatov to perform well? That's pretty ridiculous. I'd sooner sell him. I've done pretty well with him slacking, so I could benifit with a striker who will actually partner Rooney as opposed to giving him the burden of being a lone-striker. As far as I see Berbatov at the moment, he's a waste of a player. I tried him as the target man, now he has 17 games played and 2 goals... perhaps he just isn't for my style.

I would preferrably play him as a Complete Forward on Attack duty. Partnered with Rooney as a Complete Forward on Support, it usually works.

He's a good advanced forward if you're playing Rooney in a support role (either Complete forward or DLF)

i sold him to inter for sneijder - him and 10 mill

then i played rooney and chicharito up front